- Volume 25 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Fundamental Study of Hybrid Combustion System Applying Exhaust Gas Recirculation
배기가스 재순환을 적용한 하이브리드 연소시스템에 대한 기초 연구
Oh, Wheesung;Yu, Byeonghun;Park, Taejoon;Lee, Chang-Eon
- Received : 2015.10.22
- Accepted : 2015.12.24
- Published : 2016.03.31
In this study confirmed the reduction effect of pollutant by applying Fi-EGR and FPI-EGR to hybrid combustion system realizing premixed flame and non-premxied flame at once. The results showed that NOx emission index decreased significantly in case of adopting EGR. Additionally, the hybrid combustion system with EGR resulted in a better performance compared to usual non-premixed combustion system such that it can reduce
Hybrid combustion;Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR);
- G. Aurlien, R.V. Elena and W. Oliver, Devleopment of European Ecolabel Criteria for Hydronic Heaters, European commission: Institute for Prospective technological studies, 2013.
- SCAQMD, Rule 1146.2, Emissions of oxides of nitrogen from large water heaters and small boilers and process heaters.
- Korea environment Corporation, "Low NOx burner approval test and performance verification test," web address: http://www.keco.or.kr/en/core/prevention_vapor/contentsid/2020/index.do.
- M. Blume, J.P. Bohn, A. Goanta, H. Spliethoff, Reduction of the flue gas recirculation rate in oxycoal processes by means of non-stoichiometric burner operation, Energy, 2012, 45, 117-124. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2012.02.077
- M. Bae, K. Jung and Y. Cho, A Study on the Effect of Recirculated Exhaust Gas upon Exhaust Emissions of Boiler with a FGR System, Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. B, 2007, 31, 405-415. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2007.31.5.405
- B. Yu, S.M. Kum, C.E Lee, S. Lee, Study on the combustion characteristics of a premixed combustion system with exhaust gas recirculation, Energy, 2013, 61, 345-353. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2013.08.057
- B. Yu, S.M. Kum, C.E. Lee, S. Lee, Effects of exhaust gas recirculation on the thermal efficiency and combustion characteristics for premixed combustion system, Energy, 2013, 49, 375-383. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2012.10.057
- B. Yu, J. Kim, C.E. Lee, The effects of Exhaust Gas Recirculation on Non-premixed Combustion System, J. Korean Soc. Combust., 2014, 19(3), 26-33. https://doi.org/10.15231/jksc.2014.19.3.026
- G. Cho, G. Moon, D. Jeong, C. Bae, Effects of internal exhaust gas recirculation on controlled auto-ignition in a methane engine combustion, Fuel, 2009, 88(6), 1042-1048. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2008.10.042
- S.B. Han and S.M. Kim, A Study on Exhaust Gas Recirculation of Homogeneous Charge Compression Ignition Engine, Journal of Energy Engineering, 2009, 18(3), 163-168.
- S.R. Turns, An Introduction to Combustion., Mc-Graw-Hill, Singapore, 2000, 553-555.
Supported by : 한국연구재단