- Volume 25 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Experimental Investigation of the CHF for the Narrow Rectangular Channel in the Downward Flow
좁은 사각 유로 내 하향류 유동 조건에서 임계열유속 실험 연구
- Received : 2015.08.10
- Accepted : 2015.12.30
- Published : 2016.03.31
Experimental investigation was carried out on the CHF(Critical Heat Flux) under downward flow condition in narrow rectangular channels simulating subchannel of plate-type-fuel for JRTR(Jordan Research and Training Reactor). The experiments covers the license requirement of the research reactor. Two test sections used in this study simulate full scale subchannels for fission moly uranium target and plate-type-fuel, respectively. From the experimental results, the parameters affecting on the CHF are investigated. By using experimental data, the existing CHF prediction models were evaluated. Finally, the applicability of correlations were analysed to predict CHF in the narrow rectangular channel under the downward flow condition.
research reactor;critical heat flux;downward flow;narrow rectangular channel
- Sudo, Y., et al. "Experimental study of differences in DNB heat flux between upflow and downflow in vertical rectangular channel.", Journal of Nuclear Science and Technology, 1985, 22.8, 604-618. https://doi.org/10.1080/18811248.1985.9735705
- Sudo, Y., and Kaminaga, M., "A new CHF correlation scheme proposed for vertical rectangular channels heated from both sides in nuclear research reactors.", Journal of heat transfer, 1993, 115.2, 426-434. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2910695
- Kaminaga, M., Yamamoto, K., and Sudo, Y., "Improvement of critical heat flux correlation for research reactors using plate-type fuel.", Journal of Nuclear Science and Technology, 1998, 35.12, 943-951. https://doi.org/10.1080/18811248.1998.9733966
- Mishima, K., "Boiling burnout at low flow rate and low pressure conditions.", Dissertation Thesis, Kyoto Univ., 1984.
- Mishima, K., et al. "CHF correlations related to the core cooling of a research reactor", Proc. Int. Mtg on Reduced Enrichment for Research and Test Reactors, 1984.
- Kureta, M., and H. Akimoto. "Critical heat flux correlation for subcooled boiling flow in narrow channels." International journal of heat and mass transfer, 2002, 45.20, 4107-4115. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0017-9310(02)00129-1
- Hall, David D., and Issam Mudawar. "Critical heat flux (CHF) for water flow in tubes-II.: Subcooled CHF correlations." International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2000, 43.14, 2605-2640. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0017-9310(99)00192-1
- Groeneveld, D. C., et al. "The 2006 CHF look-up table." Nuclear Engineering and Design, 2007, 237.15, 1909-1922. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nucengdes.2007.02.014
- Mishima Kaichiro, and Hideaki Nishihara. "Effect of channel geometry on critical heat flux for low pressure water." International journal of heat and mass transfer, 1987, 30.6, 1169-1182. https://doi.org/10.1016/0017-9310(87)90046-9
Supported by : 한국연구재단, 한국원자력안전재단