- Volume 26 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development of the Design Algorithm Using the Equivalent Magnetic Circuit Method for Colenoid Type Electromagnetic Linear Actuator
등가자기회로를 활용한 콜레노이드 타입 선형 액츄에이터 설계 알고리즘 개발
Han, Dong-Ki;Chang, Jung-Hwan
- Received : 2016.03.31
- Accepted : 2016.04.20
- Published : 2016.04.30
This study proposes the design algorithm of an electromagnetic linear actuator with a divided coil excitation system, such as the colenoid (COL) system, using the equivalent magnetic circuit (EMC) method. Nowadays, the clamping device is used to hold workpiece in the electrically driven chucking system and is needed to produce a huge clamping force of 40 kN like hydraulic system. The design algorithm for electromagnetic linear actuator can be obtained using the EMC method. At first, the parameter map is used to decide the slot width ratio in the initial design. Next, to make the magnetic flux density uniform at each pole, the pole width is adjusted by the pole width adjusting algorithm with EMC. When the dimensions of the electromagnetic linear actuator are decided, the clamping force is calculated to check the desired clamping force. The design results show that it can be used to hold a workpiece firmly instead of using a hydraulic cylinder in a chucking system.
colenoid;electromagnetic linear actuator;equivalent magnetic circuit;electrically driven chucking system
- J. H. Chang and Y. S. Yoon, Korea Patent 1015826300000 (2015).
- H. Mutai and K. Yamasawa, IEEE Trans. Magn. 31, 2245 (1995).
- J. Cale, S. D. Sudhoff, and L. Q. Tan, IEEE Trans. Magn. 42, 40 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2005.859439
- C. Espanet, Ph.D. Thesis, Franche-Comte University, France (1999).
- M. A. Batdorff and J. H. Lumkes, IEEE Trans. Magn. 45, 3064 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2009.2017531
- H. J. Kim, C. S. Lee, and J. P. Hong, J. Korean Magn. Soc. 25, 92 (2015). https://doi.org/10.4283/JKMS.2015.25.3.092
- S. Gibson, G. W. Jewell, and R. E. Clark, IET Electr. Power Appl. 3, 352 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-epa.2006.0304
- T. W. Kim and J. H. Chang, Int. Conf. ICEMS 1461 (2013).
- D. K. Han and J. H. Chang, IEEE Trans. Magn. 52, 7002104 (2015).
Grant : 50 kN급 전기구동 선반용 스핀들 및 클램핑 통합시스템 개발
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원