- Volume 45 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effect of Cacao Extract on Hydrolysis of Oil vs. Emulsion in pH-Stat Digestion Model
pH-Stat Digestion Model에서 카카오 추출물이 Oil과 Emulsion의 가수분해에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Ji-Hyun (Department of Food Science and Technology, Chungnam National University) ;
- Shin, Jung-Ah (Department of Food Science and Technology, Chungnam National University) ;
- Lee, Ki-Teak (Department of Food Science and Technology, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2015.11.23
- Accepted : 2016.02.12
- Published : 2016.04.30
Effect of polyphenols-rich cacao extract (CE) on lipid hydrolysis by pancreatic lipase was investigated by pH-stat digestion. Two types of substrate (oil vs. emulsion) prepared from soybean oil and CE were studied as types I and II. In the case of type I, addition of CE did not show retardation of lipid hydrolysis, showing that pancreatic lipase was not inhibited. Final digestibility rate (
- Lee YS, Cho Y, Shin MJ. 2015. Dietary very long chain saturated fatty acids and metabolic factors: findings from the Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination survey 2013. Clin Nutr Res 4: 182-189. https://doi.org/10.7762/cnr.2015.4.3.182
- Himes CL. 2013. Obesity, disease, and functional limitation in later life. Demography 37: 73-82.
- Nakai M, Fukui Y, Asami S, Toyoda-Ono Y, Iwashita T, Shibata H, Mitsunaga T, Hashimoto F, Kiso Y. 2005. Inhibitory effects of oolong tea polyphenols on pancreatic lipase in vitro. J Agric Food Chem 53: 4593-4598. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf047814+
- Birari RB, Bhutani KK. 2007. Pancreatic lipase inhibitors from natural sources: unexplored potential. Drug Discov Today 12: 879-889. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drudis.2007.07.024
- Tzoumaki MV, Moschakis T, Scholten E, Biliaderis CG. 2013. In vitro lipid digestion of chitin nanocrystal stabilized o/w emulsions. Food Funct 4: 121-129. https://doi.org/10.1039/C2FO30129F
- Armand M, Pasquier B, Andre M, Borel P, Senft M, Peyrot J, Salducci J, Portugal H, Jaussan V, Lairon D. 1999. Digestion and absorption of 2 fat emulsions with different droplet sizes in the human digestive tract. Am J Clin Nutr 70: 1096-1106. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/70.6.1096
- Almoosawi S, McDougall GJ, Fyfe L, Al-Dujaili EAS. 2010. Investigating the inhibitory activity of green coffee and cacao bean extracts on pancreatic lipase. Nutr Bull 35: 207-212. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-3010.2010.01841.x
- McDougall GJ, Kulkarni NN, Stewart D. 2009. Berry polyphenols inhibit pancreatic lipase activity in vitro. Food Chem 115: 193-199. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2008.11.093
- Jalil AM, Ismail A. 2008. Polyphenols in cocoa and cocoa products: is there a link between antioxidant properties and health?. Molecules 13: 2190-2219. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules13092190
- Gu Y, Hurst WJ, Stuart DA, Lambert JD. 2011. Inhibition of key digestive enzymes by cocoa extracts and procyanidins. J Agric Food Chem 59: 5305-5311. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf200180n
- Thompson RS, Jacques D, Haslam E, Tanner RJN. 1972. Plant proanthocyanidins. Part I. Introduction; the isolation, structure, and distribution in nature of plant procyanidins. J Chem Soc Perkin Trans 1: 1387-1399.
- Natsume M, Osakabe N, Yamagishi M, Takizawa T, Nakamura T, Miyatake H, Hatano T, Yoshida T. 2000. Analyses of polyphenols in cacao liquor, cocoa, and chocolate by normal-phase and reversed-phase HPLC. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 64: 2581-2587. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb.64.2581
- Versantvoort CHM, Oomen AG, Van de Kamp E, Rompelberg CJM, Slips AJAM. 2005. Applicability of an in vitro digestion model in assessing the bioaccessibility of mycotoxins from food. Food Chem Toxicol 43: 31-40. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2004.08.007
- Li Y, McClements DJ. 2010. New mathematical model for interpreting pH-stat digestion profiles: impact of lipid droplet characteristics on in vitro digestibility. J Agric Food Chem 58: 8085-8092. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf101325m
- Wollgast J. 2004. The contents and effects of polyphenols in chocolate: qualitative and quantitative analyses of polyphenols in chocolate and chocolate raw products as well as evaluation of potential implications of chocolate consumption in human health. PhD Dissertation. University of Giessen, Giessen, Germany.
- Reddy SR, Fogler HS. 1980. Emulsion stability: determination from turbidity. J Colloid Interface Sci 79: 101-104.
- Ivanov IB, Danov KD, Kralchevsky PA. 1999. Flocculation and coalescence of micron-size emulsion droplets. Colloids Surf A 152: 161-182. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0927-7757(98)00620-7