- Volume 45 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Fermentation Process for Odor Removal of Oyster (Crassostrea gigas) Hydrolysate and Its Properties
이취 제거를 위한 굴 가수분해물의 발효공정과 제품의 특성
- Lee, Su-Seon (Sunmarine Biotech. Co., Ltd.) ;
- Park, Si-Hyang (Sunmarine Biotech. Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Hyeun-A (Department of Seafood Science and Technology / Institute of Marine Industry, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Choi, Yeung-Joon (Department of Seafood Science and Technology / Institute of Marine Industry, Gyeongsang National University)
- Received : 2015.10.13
- Accepted : 2016.03.11
- Published : 2016.04.30
This study was carried out to investigate the optimal processing conditions for odor removal and maximal antioxidant effects of oyster (Crassostrea gigas) hydrolysate. The optimal hydrolysis conditions were 3.3% neutrase as the protease,
Supported by : 해양수산부
- Kown HN, Park JR, Jeon JR. 2008. Antioxidative and hepatoprotective effects of Acer tegmentosum M. extracts. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 37: 1389-1394. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.11.1389
- Kim SK. 2013. Marine biotechnology. World Science, Seoul, Korea. p 235.
- Lee BJ. 2013. Development of functional food using fermented marine organism. Food Industry and Nutrition 18(1): 8-12.
- Kim BT, Park SW, Jeung MS. 2012. Seafood consumption trends and tasks according to structural change in population and society. Korea Maritime Institute, Seoul, Korea. p 180-185.
- Park JS, Park JN, Park JK, Han IJ, Jung PM, Song BS, Choi JI, Kim JH, Han SB, Byun MW, Lee JW. 2008. Microbiological, physicochemical, and sensory characteristics of gamma-irradiated fresh oysters during storage. Journal of Radiation Industry 2(2): 85-91.
- Hur SI, Park SH, Lee SS, Chung SY, Choi YJ. 2012. Antioxidative effect of oyster hydrolysate on the serum and hepatic homogenate in SD-rats. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 42: 1940-1948.
- Park SH, Moon SS, Xie CL, Chung SY, Choi YJ. 2014. Protective effects of enzymatic oyster hydrolysate on acetaminophen- induced HepG-2 cell damage. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 43: 1166-1173. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2014.43.8.1166
- Do HJ, Park HJ, Kim OJ, Kim A, Choi YJ, Choung SY, Ha JM. 2012. Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitory activity of enzymatic hydrolysates of Crassostrea gigas (oyster). J Life Sci 22: 220-225. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2012.22.2.220
- Xie CL, Kim JS, Ha JM, Chung SY, Choi YJ. 2014. Angiotensin I-converting enzyme inhibitor derived from crosslinked oyster protein. BioMed Res Int 2014: 379234.
- Xie C, Chung S, Cao G, Lee KW, Choi YJ. 2015. In silico investigation of action mechanism of four novel angiotensin-I converting enzyme inhibitory peptides modified with Trp. J Funct Foods 17: 632-639. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jff.2015.06.016
- Shizuyuki O. 1980. Fish odors and masking them. J Jpn Oil Chem Soc 29: 469-488. https://doi.org/10.5650/jos1956.29.469
- Obata Y, Yamanishi T. 1950. Chemical studies on the substance of fish smell-III. Investigation on the components of mucilaginous substances of salmon. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi 15: 554-556. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.15.554
- Sung HS, Kim HK, Min HO, Choi JD, Kim YM. 2011. Changes in physicochemical and sensory properties of Hizikia fusiforme water extract by fermentation of lactic acid bacteria. Kor J Fish Aquat Sci 44: 104-110.
- Bae HN, Kim YM. 2010. Improvement of the functional qualities of sea tangle extract through fermentation by Aspergillus oryzae. Fish Aqua Sci 13: 12-17.
- Park JN, Kim RH, Woo HC, Chun BS. 2012. Removal of off-flavor from Laminaria japonica by treatment process of supercritical carbon dioxide. Clean Technology 18: 191-199. https://doi.org/10.7464/ksct.2012.18.2.191
- Roh HS, Youn HS, Jung SM, Hong YR, Kang KY, Chun BS. 2005. Separation of volatile compounds from tuna fish oil with supercritical carbon dioxide. Korean J Biotechnol Bioeng 20: 12-17.
- Riha V, Brunner G. 2000. Separation of fish oil ethyl esters with supercritical carbon dioxide. J Supercrit Fluids 17: 55-64. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0896-8446(99)00038-8
- Cho EH, Park KH, Kim SY, Oh CS, Bang SI, Chae HJ. 2011. Process development for deodorization of fucoidan using a combined method of solvent extraction and spray drying. Korean Soc Biotechnol Bioeng J 26: 49-56.
- Cho SY, Joo DS, Kim GS, Yoon UG. 2003. Beverage containing an organic acid extract of Undaria pinnatifida and process for the preparation thereof. Korea Patent 10-2001-052362.
- Kim SK. 2009. Method for producing sea alga powder having no bad smell, the sea alga powder produced there bay and cookie composition including the sea alga powder. Korea Patent 10-2009-0007000.
- Gornall AG, Bardawill CJ, David MM. 1948. Determination of serum proteins by means of the biuret reaction. J Biol Chem 177: 751-766.
- Re R, Pellegrini N, Proteggente A, Pannala A, Yang M, Rice-Evans C. 1999. Antioxidant activity applying an improved ABTS radical cation decolorization assay. Free Radic Biol Med 26: 1231-1237. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0891-5849(98)00315-3
- Udomsil N, Rodtong S, Choi YJ, Hua Y, Yongsawatdigul J. 2011. Use of Tetragenococcus halophilus as a starter culture for flavor improvement in fish sauce fermentation. J Agric Food Chem 59: 8401-8408. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf201953v
- Chen YC, Tou JC, Jaczynski J. 2009. Amino acid and mineral composition of protein and other components and their recovery yields from whole Antarctic krill (Euphausia superba) using isoelectric solubilization/precipitation. J Food Sci 74: H31-H39. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1750-3841.2008.01026.x
- Hubert J, Berger M, Nepveu F, Paul F, Dayde J. 2008. Effects of fermentation on the phytochemical composition and antioxidant properties of soy germ. Food Chem 109: 709-721. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2007.12.081
- Oboh G, Alabi KB, Akindahunsi AA. 2008. Fermentation changes the nutritive value, polyphenol distribution, and antioxidant properties of Parkia biglobosa seeds (African locust beans). Food Biotechnol 22: 363-376. https://doi.org/10.1080/08905430802463404
- Chung SH, Kim IH, Park HG, Kang HS, Yoon CS, Jeong HY, Choi NJ, Kwon EG, Kim YJ. Synthesis of conjugated linoleic acid by human-derived Bifidobacterium breve LMC 017: utilization as a functional starter culture for milk fermentation. J Agric Food Chem 56: 3311-3316.
- Lima IF, De Dea Lindner J, Soccol VT, Parada JL, Soccol CR. 2012. Development of an innovative nutraceutical fermented beverage from herbal mate (Ilex paraguariensis A. St.-Hil) extract. Int J Mol Sci 13: 788-800. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms13010788
- Nyanga LK, Nout MJ, Gadaga TH, Theelen B, Boekhout T, Zwietering MH. 2007. Yeasts and lactic acid bacteria microbiota from masau (Ziziphus mauritiana) fruits and their fermented fruit pulp in Zimbabwe. Int J Food Microbiol 120: 159-166. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijfoodmicro.2007.06.021
- Shen YB, Carroll JA, Yoon I, Mateo RD, Kim SW. 2011. Effects of supplementing Saccharomyces cerevisiae fermentation product in sow diets on performance of sows and nursing piglets. J Anim Sci 89: 2462-2471. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas.2010-3642
- Pellegrin N, Ke R, Yang M, Rice-Evans C. 1999. Screening of dietary carotenoids and carotenoid-rich fruit extracts for antioxidant activities applying 2,2'-azinobis(3-ethylenbenzothiazoline- 6-sulfonic acid) radical cation decolorization assay. Methods Enzymol 299: 379-389. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0076-6879(99)99037-7
- Kasankala LM, Xiong YL, Chen J. 2012. Enzymatic activity and flavor compound production in fermented silver carp fish paste inoculated with douchi starter culture. J Agric Food Chem 60: 226-233. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf203887x
- Yoshikawa S, Kurihara H, Kawai Y, Yamazaki K, Tanaka A, Nishikiori T, Ohta T. 2010. Effect of halotolerant starter microorganisms on chemical characteristics of fermented chum salmon (Oncorhynchus keta) sauce. J Agric Food Chem 58: 6410-6417. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf904548u
- FAO/WHO/UNU. 1985. Energy and protein requirements. Report of a Joint FAO/WHO/UNU Expert Consultation. WHO Technical Report. No. 724. WHO, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Jeong SY. 2015. Development and industrialization of health functional foods from surplus marine natural resources. Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, Sejong, Korea. 811001-3.
- Chung DM, Lee GD, Chun SS, Chung YC, Chun HK. 2011. Effect of NaCl on hydrolytic activity of leucine aminopeptidase from Bacillus sp. N2. J Life Sci 21: 761-765. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2011.21.5.761
- Choi SH, Kim SM. 2011. Quality properties of fermented squid viscera product with Aspergillus oryzae koji and its seasoning. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 40: 94-101. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.1.094
- Cho Y, Rhee HS. 1979. A study on flavorous taste components in kimchis-On free amino acids-. Korean J Food Sci Technol 11: 26-31.
- Cohen AI, McDaniel M, Orr H. 1973. Absolute levels of some free amino acids in normal and biologically fractionated retinas. Invest Ophthalmol 12: 686-693.
- Pasantes-Morales H, Wright CE, Gaull GE. 1985. Taurine protection of lymphoblastoid cells from iron-ascorbate induced damage. Biochem Pharmacol 34: 2205-2207. https://doi.org/10.1016/0006-2952(85)90419-8
- Yu KH. 2007. A study on the nutrient intakes and zinc nutritional status of preschool children in Ulsan. J Nutr Health 40: 385-394.
- Ashie INA, Lanier TC. 2000. Transglutaminases in seafood processing. In Seafood Enzymes. Haard NF, Simpson BK, eds. Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York, NY, USA. p 147-166.