- Volume 45 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Physicochemical and Sensory Properties of Soup Added with Stachys sieboldii Miq Root Powder
초석잠 뿌리 분말을 첨가한 수프의 이화학적 및 관능적 품질 특성
- Tae, Mi Hwa (Department of Food and Nutrition, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Kyoung-Hee (Department of Food and Nutrition, Chungnam National University) ;
- Yook, Hong-Sun (Department of Food and Nutrition, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2015.12.15
- Accepted : 2016.01.14
- Published : 2016.04.30
The study investigated the physicochemical and sensory properties of soup prepared with 0, 10, 20, and 30% Stachys sieboldii Miq root powder. Moisture and viscosity were reduced with increasing content of Stachys sieboldii Miq root powder. The pH decreased and acidity increased with increasing content of Stachys sieboldii Miq root powder. The L value decreased while a and b values increased with increasing Stachys sieboldii Miq root powder concentration. In the sensory evaluation, color intensity increased while viscosity and greasy taste decreased with increasing content of Stachys sieboldii Miq root powder. Soup with 20% Stachys sieboldii Miq root powder had acceptable sensory properties, such as appearance, flavor, taste, texture, and overall acceptability.
Supported by : 충남대학교
- Han GP, Han JS, Kozulkue N, Kim DS, Park ML, Lee KR. 2005. Quality characteristics of potato added functional cream soup. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 21: 12-17.
- Na JK. 1994. French cooking. Baeksan, Seoul, Korea. p 125.
- Oh YS, Choi SK, Rha YA. 2007. Quality characteristics of pumpkin cream soup adding rice powder as a thickening agent. Korean J Culinary Res 13: 44-53.
- Shin HG. 2013. Quality characteristics of cream soup depending on additives. MS Thesis. Youngsan University, Yangsan, Korea.
- Kang HJ, Chawla SP, Jo C, Kwon JH, Byun MW. 2006. Studies on the development of functional powder from citrus peel. Bioresour Technol 93: 614-620.
- Park KT. 2010. Quality characteristics of cream soup added with pomegranate cortex powder. Korean J Culinary Res 16: 230-237.
- Ryu BH, Park BG, Song SK. 2002. Antitumor effects of the hexane extract of Stachys sieboldii MIQ. Korean J Biotchnol Bioeng 17: 520-524.
- Yin J, Yang G, Wang S, Chen Y. 2006. Purification and determination of stachyose in Chinese artichoke (Stachys sieboldii Miq.) by high-performance liquid chromatography with evaporative light scattering detection. Talanta 70: 208-212. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.talanta.2006.03.027
- Masai T, Wada K, Hayakawa K, Yoshihara I, Mitsuoka T. 1987. Effects of soybean oligosaccharides on human intestinal flora and metabolic activities. Japan J Bacteriol 42: 313.
- Ryu BH, Park BG. 2002. Antimicrobial activity of the hexane extract of Stachys sieboldii MIQ leaf. Korean J Life Sci 12: 803-811. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2002.12.6.803
- Baek HS, Na YS, Kim DH, Lee CH, Ryu BH, Song SK. 2004. Antioxidant activities of Stachys sieboldii MIQ roots. J Life Sci 14: 1-7. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2004.14.1.001
- Ryu BH, Kim SO. 2004. Effects of methanol extract of Stachys sieboldii MIQ on acetylcholine esterase and monoamine oxidase in rat brain. Korean J Food & Nutr 17: 347-355.
- Yang MR. 2012. The analysis of bioactive materials in Stachy sieboldii MIQ and it's application on functional ready-to-eat food. PhD Dissertation. Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology, Jinju, Korea.
- Lee JE, Jin SY, Han YS. 2014. Antioxidant activities and quality characteristics of Tofu supplemented with Chinese artichoke powder. Korean J Food & Nutr 27: 10-21. https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2014.27.1.010
- Ching M, Lee SM, Joo N. 2014. Optimization of rice cookies prepared with chinese artichoke (Stachy sieboldii Miq) powder using response surface methodology and quality characteristics. Korean J Food & Nutr 27: 435-446. https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2014.27.3.435
- Lee NH. 2015. Antioxidant effect and quality characteristics of white bread prepared with Stachys sieboldii Miq. MS Thesis. Gachon University, Seongnam, Korea. p 27-37.
- AOAC. 1980. Official method of analysis. 13th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC, USA. p 69.
- Bae KI. 2008. An experimental study for the properties of Cornus officinal used in dyeing textile. PhD Dissertation. Sungshin Women's University, Seoul, Korea. p 39.
- Nutritional Components and Antioxidant Activities of Various Stachys Sieboldii Miq Parts vol.28, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7856/kjcls.2017.28.2.203
- Quality Characteristics and Antioxidant Activity of Cream Soup prepared with Soybean Flour vol.26, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.17495/easdl.2016.10.26.5.427