- Volume 45 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Physicochemical, Microbial, Rheological, and Sensory Properties of Yogurt Added with Yuza Pectin Extract
유자펙틴 추출물을 첨가한 요구르트의 이화학적, 미생물학적, 유변학적 및 관능적 품질 특성
- Yoon, Mi-Ra (Department of Food and Nutrition, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Seo, Jeong-Yun (Department of Food and Nutrition, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Ryu, Ga-Eun (Department of Food and Nutrition, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Kim, Yeon-Ho (Department of Food and Nutrition, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Seo, Moon-Cho (Department of Food and Nutrition, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Chang, Yoon Hyuk (Department of Food and Nutrition, Kyung Hee University)
- 윤미라 (경희대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 서정윤 (경희대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 유가은 (경희대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 김연호 (경희대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 서문초 (경희대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 장윤혁 (경희대학교 식품영양학과)
- Received : 2015.11.23
- Accepted : 2016.02.23
- Published : 2016.04.30
This study investigated the effects of Yuza pectin extract (0, 0.1, 0.15, and 0.2%, w/v) on the physicochemical, microbial, rheological, and sensory properties of yogurt. Pectin extract was extracted from Yuza peel by using citrate after juicing the flesh. The total sugar content of Yuza pectin was 89.07%. The pH of Yuza pectin extract-added yogurt was 4.43. All Yuza pectin extract-added yogurt samples showed shear-thinning flow behaviors (n=0.33~0.44). The values for apparent viscosity (
- Lee YJ, Kim SI, Han YS. 2008. Antioxidant activity and quality characteristics of yogurt added yuza (Citrus junos Sieb ex Tanaka) extract. Korean J Food & Nutr 21: 135-142.
- Jung GT, Ju IO. 1997. Studies on the preparation of yogurt from milk added purple sweet potato powder. Korean J Food & Nutr 10: 458-461.
- Kim SH, Choi DJ, Shin JH, Lee JY, Sung NJ. 2004. Nutritional characteristics of ice cream added with citron juice. Korean J Food & Nutr 17: 212-219.
- Lee YC, Kim IH, Jeong JW, Kim HK, Park MH. 1994. Chemical characteristics of citron (Citrus junos) juices. Korean J Food Sci Technol 26: 552-556.
- Park SM, Lee HH, Chang HC, Kim IC. 2001. Extraction and physicochemical properties of the pectin in citron peel. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 30: 569-573.
- Platt D, Raz A. 1992. Modulation of the lung colonization of B16-F1 melanoma cells by citrus pectin. J Natl Cancer Inst 84: 438-442. https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/84.6.438
- Hirano M, Kiyohara H, Matsumoto T, Yamada H. 1994. Structural studies of endopolygalacturonase-resistant fragments of an antiulcer pectin from the roots of Bupleurum falcatum L. Carbohydr Res 251: 145-162. https://doi.org/10.1016/0008-6215(94)84282-5
- Jin TY, Wang MH, Yin Y, Eun JB. 2008. Effect of Citrus junos peel on the quality and antioxidant activity of traditional rice wine, Jinyangju. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 37: 76-82. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.1.76
- Dubois N, Gilles KA, Hamilton JK, Rebers PA, Smith F. 1956. Colorimetric method for determination of sugars and related substance. Anal Chem 28: 350-356. https://doi.org/10.1021/ac60111a017
- Blumenkrantz N, Asboe-Hansen G. 1973. New method for quantitative determination of uronic acids. Anal Biochem 54: 484-489. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-2697(73)90377-1
- Rasic JL, Kurmann JA. 1978. Yogurt: scientific grounds, technology manufacture and preparations. Technical Dairy Publishing House, Copenhagen, Denmark. p 321.
- Rodrigues D, Rocha-Santos TAP, Pereira CI, Gomes AM, Malcata FX, Freitas AC. 2011. The potential effect of FOS and inulin upon probiotic bacterium performance in curdled milk matrices. LWT-Food Sci Technol 44: 100-108. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2010.05.021
- Akalin AS, Fenderya S, Akbulut N. 2004. Viability and activity of bifidobacteria in yoghurt containing fructooligosaccharide during refrigerated storage. Int J Food Sci Technol 39: 613-621. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.2004.00829.x
- Tsai SC, Zammouri K. 1988. Role of interparticular van der Vaals force in rheology of concentrated suspensions. J Rheol 32: 737-750. https://doi.org/10.1122/1.549988
- Holdsworth SD. 1971. Applicability of rheological models to the interpretation of flow and processing behaviour of fluid food products. J Texture Stud 2: 393-418. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-4603.1971.tb00589.x
- Rao MA. 1977. Rheology of liquid foods-a review. J Texture Stud 8: 135-143. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-4603.1977.tb01173.x
- Staffolo MD, Bertola N, Martino M, Bevilacqua YA. 2004. Influence of dietary fiber addition on sensory and rheological properties of yogurt. Int Dairy J 14: 263-268. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.idairyj.2003.08.004
- Jinescu VV. 1973. The rheology of suspensions. Int Chem Eng 14: 397-420.
- Janhoj T, Frost MB, Ipsen R. 2008. Sensory and rheological characterization of acidified milk drinks. Food Hydrocolloids 22: 798-806. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodhyd.2007.03.006
- Murti TW, Bouillanne C, Landon M, Smazeaud MJ. 1992. Bacterial growth and volatile compounds in yoghurt-type products from soymilk containing Bifidobacterium sp. J Food Sci 57: 153-156.
- Ramirez-Sucre MO, Velez-Ruiz JF. 2013. Physicochemical, rheological and stability characterization of a caramel flavored yogurt. LWT-Food Sci Technol 51: 233-241. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2012.09.014
- Yoo BS, Noh WS. 2000. Effect of fermentation temperature on rheological properties of traditional kochujang. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 29: 860-864.