- Volume 29 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
On the Derivation of Material Constants Associated with Dynamic Behavior of Heat Formed Plates
열성형 판 부재의 동적거동에 관련된 재료상수 산출에 관한 연구
Lee, Joo-Sung;Lim, Hyung-Kyun
- Received : 2015.09.14
- Accepted : 2016.03.21
- Published : 2016.04.29
When impact load is applied to a plate structure, a common phenomenon that occurs in structures is plastic deformation accompanied by a large strain and eventually it will experience a fracture accordingly. In this study, for the rational design against accidental limit state, the plastic material constants of steel plate which is formed by line heating and by cold bending procedure have been defined through the numerical simulation for the high speed tension test. The usefulness of the material constants included in Cowper-Symonds model and Johnson-Cook model with the assumption that strain rate can be neglected when strain rate is less than the intermediate speed is verified through comparing the present numerical results with those in references. This paper ends with describing the future study.
cold forming;dynamic hardening factor;fracture;heat forming;line heating;material constant;plastic hardening;strain rate
- Choung, J.M. (2007) On the Fracture Criteria of Steels for Marine Structures Subjected to Impact Loadings, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Ulsan.
- Choung, J.M., Shin, C.S., Kim, K.S. (2011) Plasticity and Fracture Behaviors of a Marine Structural Steel, Part II: Technical Backgrounds of Fracture, J. Ocean Eng. & Tech., 25, pp.92-100. https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2011.25.2.092
- Jang, C.D., Ko, D.E., Kim, B.I,. Park, J.U. (2001) An Experimental Study of Characteristics of Plate Deformation by Heating Process, J. Soc. Nav. Arch. Korea, 38, pp.62-70.
- Jones, N. (1989) Structural Impact, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- Lee, J.W. (1983) On the Optimization Design of Soft Bow Structure, Proc. of the 2nd Internal, Symposium on Practical Design of Ships and Mobile Units, pp.429-435.
- Lee, J.S. (1997) Plate Forming Automation System of Steel Plates by Line Heating Method (III), J. Soc. Nav. Arch. Korea, 34, pp.85-89.
- Lim, H.K. (2012) On the Behavior Characteristics by Impact Loadings of Steels for Ship Shell Structures with Line Heating, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Ulsan.
- Meyers, M.A. (1994) Dynamic Behavior of Materials, John Wiley & Sons, New York.
- Min, D.K., Shim, C.S., Shin, D.W., Cho, S.R. (2011) On the Mechanical Properties at Low Temperatures for Steels of Ice-Class Vessel, J. Soc. Nav. Arch. Korea, 48, pp.171-177. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2011.48.2.171
- Min, D.K., Cho, S.R. (2012) On the Fracture of Polar Class Vessel Structures Subjected to Lateral Impact Loads, J. Soc. Nav. Arch. Korea, 49, pp.171-177.
- Paik, J.K., Pedersen, P.T. (1995) Collision Strength Analysis of Double Hull Tanker, J. Soc. Nav. Arch., 32, pp.102-117.
- ABAQUS (2012) Abaqus V.6.12 Analysis User Manual, Simulia.
- Tsuji, I., Okumura, Y. (1988) A Study on Line Heating Process for Plate Bending of Ship Steel, J. West. Soc. Nav. Arch., 76, pp.149-160.
- Cowper, G., Symonds, P. (1957) Strain Hardening and Strain Rate Effects in the Loading of Cantilever Beams, Technical Report, Brown University, Division of Applied Mathematics, Report No.28.
- Johnson, G.R., Cook, W.H. (1985) Fracture Characteristics of Three Metals Subjected to Various Strain, Strain Rates Temperatures and Pressures, Eng. Fract. Mech., 21(1), pp.31-48. https://doi.org/10.1016/0013-7944(85)90052-9
Supported by : 한국연구재단