- Volume 29 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Standard Load for Disaster-Resistant Design of Outdoor Signboards
내재해형 옥외광고물 설계를 위한 표준하중 산정
Lee, Sungsu;Kim, Junyeong;Ham, Hee Jung;Kim, Ji Young
- Received : 2015.10.12
- Accepted : 2016.02.23
- Published : 2016.04.29
Recent destructions of outdoor signboards have frequently been caused by strong wind, resulting in damage on the property and human livelihood. One of the major causes of the problems is inadequate implementation of structural design code to the outdoor signboards which are vulnerable to wind. This leads to this paper to present the design guideline of wind-resistant outdoor signboards. In order to estimate the design wind speed, basic wind speeds over Korea suggested by KBC(2015)(revision) are corrected with land surface roughness and topography of the terrain and installation height of the signboard. This paper also suggested the procedure of wind load estimation for different types of outdoor signboards; wall attached type, wall ribbed type and ground erected type. Since the process involves complex calculation to some extent, this paper presents summarized version of wind load estimation from non-professional point of view.
outdoor signboard;wind-resistant design;exposure;topographical factor
- Architectural Institute of Korea(AIK) (2015) Korea Building Code (revision) (in Korean).
- Kim. C.K., Hong, G.H., Gho, I.D. (2008) Development Strategy for a Facilities Safety Management System Based on NGIS. J, Comput. Struct. Eng. Korea, 21(5), pp.505-514.
- Korea Out of Home Advertising Center (2013) Management Manual for Safety of outdoor Signboards.
- Korea Out of Home Advertising Center (2012) 2012 Statistics of Outdoor Signboards.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs(MOLTMA) (2010) Highway Bridge Design Code. Korea Road & Transpotation Association. (in Korean).
- Ministry of Public Safety and Security (2013) Safety Installation Standards and Product Development with High Performance for the Damage Reduction of Outdoor Advertising Product by Strong Wind.
- Ministry of Public Safety and Security (2015) Development of Wind Resistance Mitigation Technology with Considerations of Urban Climate and Environmental Change.
- Standards Australia/Standards New zealand, Australian/New Zealand Standard, Structural Design Action, Part 2: Wind Actions, AS/NZS 1170.2:2002 (2002) Standards Australia, Sydney.
- Simiu, E., Scanlan, R. H. (1996) Wind Effect on Structures Third Edition, John Wiley & Sons. New York, USA.
- Wieringa, J. (1992) Updating the Davenport Roughness Classification. J. Wind Eng. & Industrial Aerodyn., 41, pp.367-368.
- Wieringa, J. (1993) Representative Roughness Parameters for Homogeneous Terrain. Boundary-Layer Meteorol., 63, pp.323-363. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00705357
Supported by : 국민안전처