- Volume 29 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Assessment of Impact Resistance Performance of Post-tensioned Curved Wall using Numerical Impact Analysis
긴장력이 도입된 곡면벽체의 충돌저항성능 수치해석평가
- Received : 2015.11.02
- Accepted : 2015.11.10
- Published : 2016.04.29
In this study, the effect of wall curvature and post-tension force on impact resistance is evaluated by numerical analysis method. A total of twelve cases with two parameters such as wall shape of flat and curved, and consideration of post-tensioning force were included in this study. A 3D detailed finite element model of commercial passenger plane engine is utilized as projectile. The depths of penetration and central displacement calculated from the numerical simulations were compared and analysed. As the results of the numerical simulations of this study, penetration depth was reduced approximately 60~80% due to the application of post-tension force, but the decrease of maximum central displacement was not remarkable. Also, the effect of curvature was relatively insignificant.
impact resistance;impact analysis;curvature;post-tension;penetration depth;maximum displacement
- Chung, C.H., Choi, H., Lee, J.W., Choi, G.R. (2010) Evaluation of Local Effect Prediction Formulas for RC Slabs Subjected to Impact Loading, J. Korean Soc. Civil. Eng., 30(6A), pp.543-560.
- Chung, C.H., Lee, J.W., Kim, S.Y., Lee, J.H. (2011) Influencing Factors on Numerical Simulation of Crash between RC Slab and Soft Projectile, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 24(6), pp.591-599.
- Sliter, G.E. (1980) Assessment of Empirical Concrete Impact Formulas, J. Struct. Div., ASCE, 106(5), pp.1023-1045.
- Kojima, I. (1991) An Experimental Study on Local behavior of Reinforced Concrete Slabs to Missile Impact, Nucl. Eng. & Des., 130(2), pp.121-132. https://doi.org/10.1016/0029-5493(91)90121-W
- Korea Institute of Nuclear Safety(KINS), Dankook Univ. (2009) Evaluation and Assess Procedure of the Aircraft Impact, Research Report, KINS/HR-986.
- Sugano, T., Tsubota, H., Kasai, Y., Koshika, N., Ohnuma, H., Riesemenn, von W.A., Bickel, D.C., Parks, M.B. (1993) Full-scale Aircraft Impact Test for Evaluation of Impact Force, Nucl. Eng. & Des., 140(3), pp.373-385. https://doi.org/10.1016/0029-5493(93)90119-T
- Sugano, T., Tsubota, H., Kasai, Y., Koshika, N., Ohnuma, H., Riesemenn, von W.A., Bickel, D.C., Parks, M.B. (1993) Local Damage to Reinforced Concrete Structures caused by Impact of Aircraft Engine Missiles Part 1. Test Program, Method and Results, Nucl. Eng. & Des., 140(3), pp.387-405. https://doi.org/10.1016/0029-5493(93)90120-X
- Sugano, T., Tsubota, H., Kasai, Y., Koshika, N., Ohnuma, H., Riesemenn, von W.A., Bickel, D.C., Parks, M.B. (1993) Local Damage to Reinforced Concrete Structures caused by Impact of Aircraft Engine Missiles Part 2. Evaluation of Test Results, Nucl. Eng. & Des., 140(3), pp.407-423. https://doi.org/10.1016/0029-5493(93)90121-O
- Li, Q.M., Chen, X.W. (2003) Dimensionless Formulae for Penetration Depth of Concrete Target Impacted by a Non-deformable Projectile, Int. J. Impact Eng., 28(1), pp.93-116. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0734-743X(02)00037-4
- Chung, C., Lee, J., Jung, R. (2015) Numerical Simulations of Missile Impacts on Reinforced Concrete Plates: IRIS-2010/2012 Benchmark Project, Nucl. Eng. & Des., 295, pp.747-758. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nucengdes.2015.04.031
- Rambach, J.-M., Orbovic, N., Tarallo, F. (2011) IRIS 2010-Part I: General Overview of the Benchmark. SMiRT 21, Div-V, New Delhi, India (Paper ID #147).
- LSTC (2007) LS-DYNA Keyword User's Manual. Version 971., Livermore Software Technology Corporation (LSTC), Livermore.
- Murray, Y.D. (2007) User Manual for LS-DYNA Concrete Material Model 159, Report No. FHWA-HRT-05-062, Federal Highway Administration.
- Su, X.Y., Yu, T.X., Reid, S.R. (1995) Inertia-Sensitive Impact Energy-Absorbing Structures Part II : Effect of Strain Rate, Int. J. Impact Eng., 6(4), pp.673-689.
- Bangash, M.Y.H. (1993) Impact and Explosion : Analysis and Design, Blackwell Scientific Publications.
- Kennedy, R.P. (1976) A Review of Procedures for the Analysis and Design of Concrete Structures to Resist Missile Impact Effects, Nucl. Eng. & Des., 37, pp.183-203. https://doi.org/10.1016/0029-5493(76)90015-7
Supported by : 한국방사선안전재단