- Volume 32 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Numerical Simulation of Dynamic Soil-pile Interaction for Dry Condition Observed in Centrifuge Test
원심모형실험에서 관측된 건조 지반-말뚝 동적 상호작용의 수치 모델링
Kown, Sun-Yong;Kim, Seok-Jung;Yoo, Min-Taek
- Received : 2016.01.19
- Accepted : 2016.03.10
- Published : 2016.04.29
Numerical simulation of dynamic soil-pile-structure interaction embedded in a dry sand was carried out. 3D model of the dynamic centrifuge model tests was formulated in a time domain to consider nonlinear behavior of soil using the finite difference method program, FLAC3D. As a modeling methodology, Mohr-Coulomb criteria was adopted as soil constitutive model. Soil nonlinearity was considered by adopting the hysteretic damping model, and an interface model which can simulate separation and slip between soil and pile was adopted. Simplified continuum modeling (Kim et al., 2012) was used as boundary condition to reduce analysis time. Calibration process for numerical modeling results and test results was performed through the parametric study. Verification process was then performed by comparing numerical modeling results with another test results. Based on the calibration and validation procedure, it is identified that proposed modeling method can properly simulate dynamic behavior of soil-pile system in dry condition.
Numerical simulation;Centrifuge model test;Finite difference method;Dynamic soil-pile interaction
- Beringen, F. L., Windle, D., and Van Hooydonk, W. R. (1979), Results of loading tests on driven piles in sand, Fugro, Netherlands.
- Boulanger, R.W. and Curras, C.J. (1999), "Seismic Soil-Pile-Structure Interaction Experiments and Analyses", Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, American Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.125, No.9, pp.750-759. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1090-0241(1999)125:9(750)
- Chang, D.W., Lin, B.S., and Cheng, S.H. (2007), "Dynamic Pile behaviors Affecting by Liquefaction from EQWEAP Analysis", In Proceedings: 4th International conference on earthquake geotechnical engineering, Thessaloniki, Greece; pp.1336.
- Cheng, Z. h. and Jeremic, B. (2009), "Numerical Modeling and Simulation of Pile in Liquefiable Soil", Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 29, pp.1404-1416.
- Comodromos, E. M., Papadopoulou, M. C., and Rentzepris, I. K. (2009), "Pile Foundation Analysis and Design Using Experimental Data and 3-D Numerical Analysis", Computers and Geotechnics, 36, pp.819-836. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compgeo.2009.01.011
- Hardin, B. O. and Drnevich, V. P. (1972). "Shear Modulus and Damping in Soils: Design Equations and Curves", Journal of the Soil Mechanics and Foundations Division, ASCE, Vol.98, No.SM7, July 1972, pp.667-692.
- Iai, S., Matsunaga, Y., and Kameoka, T. (1992), "Parameter Identification for a Cyclic Mobility Model", Report of the Port and Harbour Research Institute. 29(4): pp.57-83.
- Itasca Consulting Group (2006), FLAC3D (Fast Lagrangian Analysis of Continua in 3Dimensions) User's Guide, Minnesota, USA.
- Kim, S. H., Kwon, S. Y., Kim, M. M., and Han, J. T. (2012), "3D Numerical Simulation of a Soil-Pile System Under Dynamic Loading", Marine Georesources & Geotechnology, 30(4), pp.347-361. https://doi.org/10.1080/1064119X.2012.657997
- Kraft Jr, L. M. (1990), "Computing Axial Pile Capacity in Sands for Offshore Conditions", Marine Georesources & Geotechnology, 9(1), pp.61-92. https://doi.org/10.1080/10641199009388230
- Kwon, S. Y. (2014), "Numerical Simulation of Dynamic Soil-Pile-Structure Interactive Behavior Observed in Centrifuge Tests", Ph. D. Thesis, Seoul National University, South Korea
- Liyanapathirana, D. S. and Poulos, H. G. (2010), "Analysis of Pile behaviour in Liquefying Sloping Ground", Computers and Geotechnics, 37(1), pp.115-124. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compgeo.2009.08.001
- Martin, G. R. and Chen, C. Y. (2005), "Response of Piles due to Lateral Slope Movement", Computers and Structures, Vol.83, pp.588-598. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruc.2004.11.006
- Miwa, S., Ikeda, T., and Sato, T. (2006), "Damage Process of Pile Foundation in Liquefied Ground during Strong Ground Motion", Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 26(2), pp.325-336. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2005.05.001
- Randolph, M. F., Dolwin, R., and Beck, R. (1994), "Design of Driven Piles in Sand", Geotechnique, 44(3), pp.427-448. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.19184.108.40.2067
- Reddy, E. S., Chapman, D. N., and Sastry, V. V. (2000), "Direct Shear Interface Test for Shaft Capacity of Piles in Sand", Geotechnical Testing Journal, 23(2), pp.199-205. https://doi.org/10.1520/GTJ11044J
- Tahghighi, H. and Konagai, K. (2007), "Numerical Analysis of Nonlinear Soil-pile Group Interaction under Lateral Loads", Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 27(5), pp.463-474. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2006.09.005
- Uzuoka R., Sento N., and Kazama M. (2007), "Three-dimensional Numerical Simulation of Earthquake Damage to Group-piles in a Liquefied Ground", Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 27, pp.395-413. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2006.10.003
- Yang, E. K. (2009), "Evaluation of Dynamic p-y curves for a Pile in Sand from 1g Shaking Table Tests", Ph. D. Thesis, Seoul National University, South Korea.
- Yoo, M. T. (2013), "Evaluation of dynamic pile behavior by centrifuge tests considering kinematic load effect," Ph. D. Thesis, Seoul National University, South Korea.
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원