- Volume 20 Issue 4
In this paper, we propose the antenna to appropriate for a UWB communication system, and it meets characteristics for location recognition in predetermined range. Proposed tapered slot antenna was designed through the HFSS simulation tool of Ansys. Inc., it was produced by Taconic TRF-45 based on dielectric constant of 4.5, loss tangent 0.0035, thickness 1.62mm. The tapered slot antenna is analyzed the standing wave ratio and reflection coefficient, radiation pattern in the frequency domain. The impedance bandwidth range of the produced tapered slot antenna is from 3.8 ~ 8.9GHz to 5.1GHz, E-plane and H-plane radiation pattern meet directional antenna characteristics for indoor and outdoor location recognition in predetermined range. The antenna gain is 7.4 dBi(6GHz)in the simulation, the result of measurement demonstrated 7.4 dBi(6 GHz) of antenna maximum gain. Proposed tapered slot antenna meets UWB communication system but simulated and measured results were slightly different.
FCC;Ultra wideband;Tapered slot antenna;Directivity
- B. S. Kim, "Design and implementation of UWB tapered slot antenna," M. S. dissertation, Department of IT Convergence Engineering, Chosun Univ., Gwangju, 2015.
- J. J. Kim, S. W. Kim, J. J. Park, M. A Jeong, K. W. Park, and D. Y. Choi, "Design and analysis of UWB circular patch antenna using microstrip line", THE JOURNAL OF KOREA INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS SOCIETY, vol. 40, no. 5, pp.938-943, May 2015. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2015.40.5.938
- D. Y. Choi, S. W. Kim, J. J. Park, M. A Jeong, and S. R. Lee, "Design and implementation of tapered slot antenna for ship's indoor location-aware system," THE JOURNAL OF KOREA INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS SOCIETY, vol. 39C, no. 12, pp.1307-1313, Dec. 2014. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2014.39C.12.1307
- Saman Jafarlou, Maher Bakri-Kassem, Mohammad Fakharzadeh, Zahra Sotoodeh, and Safieddin Safavi- Naeini, "A Wideband CPW-Fed Planar Dielectric Tapered Antenna With Parasitic Elements for 60-GHz Integrated Application," IEEE Transactions on Antenna and Propagation, vol. 62, no. 12, pp.6010-6018, Dec. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2014.2364052
- Ya-Wei Wang, Guang-Ming Wang, and Bin-Feng Zong, "Directivity Improvement of Vivaldi Antenna Using Double-Slot Structure," IEEE Antenna and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 12, pp.1380-1383, Dec. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2013.2285182
- S. Shrestha, S. K. Noh, and D. Y. Choi, "Comparative study of antenna design for RF energy harvesting," Int. J. Ant. Propaga., vol. 2013, pp.1-10, Jan. 2013.
- D. Y. Choi, Sika Shrestha, J. J. Park, and S. N. Noh, "Design and performance of an efficient rectenna incorporating a fractal structure," Int. J. Commun. Syst., vol. 2014, no. 27, pp.1-19, Jul. 2014.
- Shan Hong He, Wei Shan, Chong Fan, Zhi Chao Mo, and Jun Hua Chen, "An Improved Vivaldi Antenna for Vehicular Wireless Communication Systems," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 13, pp.1505-1508, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2014.2343215
- Lei Chen, Zhenya Lei, Rui Yang, Jun Fan, and Xiaowei Shi, "A Broadband Artificial Material for Gain Enhancement of Antipodal Tapered Slot Antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 63, no. 1, pp.395-400, Jan. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2014.2365044
- Alexandre M. De Oliveira, Marcelo B. Perotoni, Sergio T. Kofuji, and Joaao F. Justo, "A Palm Tree Antipodal Vivaldi Antenna With Exponential Slot Edge for Improved Radiation Pattern," IEEE Antenna and wireless propagation letters, vol. 14, pp.1334-1337, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2015.2404875
- Y. M. Koh, "Development of the Beam-scanning UWB array antenna system for time-domain signal transmission," Ph. D. dissertation, Department of Electronic Engineering, Kwangwoon Univ., Seoul, 2012.
- J. M. Kim, "Time-domain design of IR-UWB antenna for optimum impulse radio radiation," Ph. D. dissertation, Department of Electronic Engineering, Kwangwoon Univ., Seoul, 2012.
Supported by : Chosun University