- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Data Collection Solution Based on MQTT for Stable IoT Platforms
안정적인 사물인터넷 플랫폼을 위한 MQTT 기반 데이터 수집 솔루션 관한 연구
Kim, Sang-hyun;Kim, Dong-hwi;Oh, Hyeung-seok;Jeon, Hyun-sig;Park, Hyun-ju
- Received : 2016.01.27
- Accepted : 2016.03.09
- Published : 2016.04.30
We are currently able to share not only the information from humans but also the data from connected things on the Internet. We are getting close to IoT era because of progress of Information Communication Technology. Therefore, the ways of data transfer are offered between things to things. One of typical way is the HTTP protocol. However, The field of Internet of Things platforms requires more fast and more stable communication protocol to handle massive data. The system supporting HTTP protocol, there is a problem of transmission efficiency in a relatively large header compared to data. also HTTP protocol system overload situations and the problem of data compatibility happens due to each standard of many organizations. Thus, To solve these problems, I suggest the data collection solution based on MQTT protocol for the operation of the stable IoT platforms.
- Gartner, Inc. Gartner Says 6.4 Billion Connected "Things" Will Be in Use in 2016, Up 30 Percent From 2015[Internet] Available: http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/3165317
- Raphael Cohn and Richard Coppen. OASIS Message Queuing Telemetry Transport (MQTT) TC[Internet]. Available: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wgabbrev=mqtt
- M. Prihodko, "Energy Consumption in Location Sharing Protocols for Android Applications," Master's thesis, Linkoopings University, Sweden, 2012.
- Seung-Hyun Shim, and Hak-Beom Kim, "Internet of Things and MQTT technology," REVIEW OF KIISC, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 40-41, Dec. 2014.
- The HiveMQ Team. MQTT Essentials Part 5: MQTT Topics & Best Practices[Internet]. Available: http://www.hivemq.com/blog/mqtt-essentials-part-5-mqtt- topics-best-practices
- S. Behnel, L. Fiege, G. Muehl, "On Quality-of-Service and Publish-Subscribe," in Proceedings of the 26th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems Workshops, Lisboa, Portugal, pp. 20, 2006.
- Lee, Shinho; Kim, Hyeonwoo; Hong, Dong-kweon; Ju, Hongtaek "Correlation analysis of MvQTT loss and delay according to QoS level," The International Conference on Information Networking 2013 (ICOIN), pp.714-717, Jan. 2013.
- V.Pimentel, B.G.Nickerson, "Communicating and Displaying Real-Time Data with WebSocket," IEEE Internet Computing, vol. 16, no. 4, pp.45-53, May 2012.
- Web Sockets: Bidirectional communication technology for web apps[Internet]. Available: http://caniuse.com/#search=WebSocket
- Analysis Standardized of IoT-based Low-power·Light-weight Protocol vol.20, pp.10, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2016.20.10.1895
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF), INNOPOLIS