- Volume 20 Issue 4
To analyze the phenomenon of drain induced barrier lowering(DIBL) for top and bottom gate oxide thickness of asymmetric double gate MOSFET, the deviation of threshold voltage is investigated for drain voltage to have an effect on barrier height. The asymmetric double gate MOSFET has the characteristic to be able to fabricate differently top and bottom gate oxide thickness. DIBL is, therefore, analyzed for the change of top and bottom gate oxide thickness in this study, using the analytical potential distribution derived from Poisson equation. As a results, DIBL is greatly influenced by top and bottom gate oxide thickness. DIBL is linearly decreased in case top and bottom gate oxide thickness become smaller. The relation of channel length and DIBL is nonlinear. Top gate oxide thickness more influenced on DIBL than bottom gate oxide thickness in the case of high doping concentration in channel.
Asymmetric Double Gate;DIBL;Poisson Equation;Top and Bottom Gate Oxide Thickness
- S.M.Lee, J.Y.Kim, C.G.Yu and J.T.Park, "A Comparative study on hot carrier effects in inversion-mode and junctionless MugFETs," Solid-State Electronics, vol.79, pp.253-257, Jan. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sse.2012.07.001
- D.Juan Pablo, S.J.Kim, D.I.Moon, J.H.Ahn, J.Y.Kim, S.Kim and Y.K.Choi, " A Universal Core Model for Multiple-Gate Field Effect Transistors, Part II: Drain Current Model," IEEE Trans. on Electron Devices, vol.60, no.2, pp.848-855, Feb. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TED.2012.2233863
- V.Anne, S.Bart, L.Daniele, V.William and G.Guido, "Modeling the Single-Gate, Double-Gate, and Gate-all-Around Tunnel Field Effect Transistor," J. Applied Physics, vol.107, no.2, pp.24518-24526, Jan. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.3277044
- E.N.Cho, Y.H.Shin and I.Yun, "Channel Doping-Dependent Analytical Model for Symmetric Double Gate Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor Field-Effect-Transistor. I. Extraction of Subthreshold Characteristics", J. Applied Physics, vol.113, no.21, pp.214506-1-7, June 2013. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4808452
- Z.Ding, G.Hu, J.Gu, R.Liu, L.Wang and T.Tang,"An analytical model for channel potential and subthreshold swing of the symmetric and asymmetric double-gate MOSFETs," Microelectronics J., vol.42, pp.515-519, March 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mejo.2010.11.002
- G.Massobrio and P.Antognetti, Semiconductor Device Modeling with SPICE, 2nd, McGraw-Hill, New York, pp.205-206, 1993.
- Hakkee Jung, "Analysis for Potential Distribution of Asymmetric Double Gate MOSFET Using Series Function," J. of KIICE, vol.17, no.11, pp.2621-2626. Nov. 2013.
- H.K.Jung and O.S.Kwon,"Analysis of Channel Dimension Dependent Threshold Voltage for Asymmetric DGMOSFET," 2014 International Conference on Future Information & Communication Engineering, vol.6, no.1, pp.299-302, 2014.