- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Dependence of Channel Doping Concentration on Drain Induced Barrier Lowering for Asymmetric Double Gate MOSFET
비대칭 이중게이트 MOSFET에 대한 DIBL의 채널도핑농도 의존성
- Received : 2015.12.29
- Accepted : 2016.02.12
- Published : 2016.04.30
The dependence of drain induced barrier lowering(DIBL) is analyzed for doping concentration in channel of asymmetric double gate(DG) MOSFET. The DIBL, the important short channel effect, is described as lowering of source barrier height by drain voltage. The analytical potential distribution is derived from Poisson's equation to analyze the DIBL, and the DIBL is observed according to top/bottom gate oxide thickness and bottom gate voltage as well as channel doping concentration. As a results, the DIBL is significantly influenced by channel doping concentration. DIBL is significantly increased by doping concentration if channel length becomes under 25 nm. The deviation of DIBL is increasing with increase of oxide thickness. Top and bottom gate oxide thicknesses have relation of an inverse proportion to sustain constant DIBL regardless channel doping concentration. We also know the deviation of DIBL for doping concentration is changed according to bottom gate voltage.
Asymmetric Double Gate;Drain Induced Barrier Lowering;Poisson Equation;Channel Doping Concentration
- Z.Zhu, D.Yan, G.Xu and X.Gu,"Drain current model of double-gate MOSFETs considering both electrons and holes," IEEJ Trans. on Electrical and Electronic Engineering, vol.9, no.3, pp.262-266, May 2014. https://doi.org/10.1002/tee.21965
- V.Kumari, M.Saxena, R.S.Gupta and M.Gupta, "Analytical Modeling of Dielectric Pocket Double-Gate MOSFET Incorporating Hot-Carrier-Induced Interface Charges," IEEE Trans. on Device and Materials Reliability, vol.14, no.1, pp.390-399, March 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TDMR.2013.2278077
- S.Mohammadi, A.Afzali-Kusha and S.Mohammadi, "Compact modeling of short-channel effects in symmetric and asymmetric 3-T/4-T double gate MOSFETs," Microelectronics Reliability, vol.51, pp.543-549, March 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.microrel.2010.10.014
- Z.Ding, G.Hu, J.Gu, R.Liu, L.Wang and T.Tang,"An analytical model for channel potential and subthreshold swing of the symmetric and asymmetric double-gate MOSFETs," Microelectronics J., vol.42, pp.515-519, March 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mejo.2010.11.002
- Hakkee Jung, "Analysis for Potential Distribution of Asymmetric Double Gate MOSFET Using Series Function," J. of KIICE, vol.17, no.11, pp.2621-2626. Nov. 2013.
- G.Massobrio and P.Antognetti, Semiconductor Device Modeling with SPICE, 2nd, McGraw-Hill, New York, pp.205-206, 1993.
- H.K.Jung and O.S.Kwon,"Analysis of Channel Dimension Dependent Threshold Voltage for Asymmetric DGMOSFET," 2014 International Conference on Future Information & Communication Engineering, vol.6, no.1, pp.299-302, 2014.
Supported by : Pukyong National University