- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on Modified Average Filter using Standard Deviation of Local Mask in AWGN Environments
AWGN 환경에서 국부 마스크의 표준편차를 이용한 변형된 평균 필터에 관한 연구
- Received : 2016.01.18
- Accepted : 2016.03.22
- Published : 2016.04.30
Recently, with the rapid demand expansion on the devices of digital image processing, the excellent quality of the images is required. However, the degradation of the images occurs in the processes of data acquisition, processing, and transmission by various external causes and the noise has been well known as the major cause of image degradation. There are a variety of noises to be added on the images, with typical example of AWGN. Hence, in this article, we suggested average filter algorithm processed by the threshold values using them applying standard deviation of local mask under the AWGN environment in this study. As the result of the simulation, The proposed algorithm shows a high PSNR of 24.56[dB] for Barbara images that had been damaged of AWGN(
AWGN;Corrupted image;Average filter;PSNR
- R. C. Gonzalez and R.E. woods, Digital Image Processing, 3rd ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2008.
- K. N. Plataniotis and A. N. Venetsanopoulos, Color Image Processing and Applications, 1st ed. Berlin, Germany: Springer, 2000.
- Xu Long and Nam-Ho Kim, "A Study on the Spatial Weighted Filter in AWGN Environment," JICCE, vol.17, no.3, pp.724-729, Mar. 2013.
- Xu Long and Nam-Ho Kim, "An Improved Weighted Filter for AWGN Removal," JICCE, vol.17, no.5, pp.1227-1232, May 2013.
- Xu Long and Nam-Ho Kim, "A Study on Image Restoration Filter in AWGN Environments," JICCE, vol.18, no.4, pp.949-956, Apr. 2014.
- Yinyu Gao and Nam-Ho Kim, "A Study on Improved Denoising Algorithm for Edge Preservation in AWGN Environments," JICCE, vol. 16, no. 8, pp.1773-1778, Aug. 2012.
- Jiahui Wang and Jingxing Hong, "a New Selt-Adaptive Weighted Filter for Removing Noise in Infrared images," IEEE Information Engineering and Computer Science, ICIECS International Conference, pp.1-4, Dec. 2009.
- Se-Ik Kwon and Nam-Ho Kim, "A Study on Modified Spatial Weighted Filter in Mixed Noise Environments," JICCE, vol.19, no.1, pp.237-243, Jan. 2015.
- Xu Long and Nam-Ho Kim, "An Image Restoration using Nonlinear Filter in Mixed Noise Environment," JICCE, vol.17, no.10, pp.2447-2453, Oct. 2013.
Supported by : Pukyong National University