- Volume 33 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Study of Optimal Process Conditions of 3D Porous Polymer Printing for Personal Safety Products
개인안전 제품을 위한 3 차원 다공성 폴리머 프린팅의 최적화 공정조건에 대한 연구
Yoo, Chan-Ju;Kim, Hyesu;Park, Jun-Han;Yun, Dan-Hee;Shin, Jong-Kuk;Shin, Bo-Sung
- Received : 2016.04.04
- Accepted : 2016.04.15
- Published : 2016.05.01
In this paper, a fundamental experiment regarding the formation of porous 3D structures for personal safety products using 3D PPP (Porous Polymer Printing) was introduced for the first time. The filament was manufactured by mixing PP (Polypropylene) and CBA (Chemical Blowing Agent) with polymer extruder, and the diameter of the filament was approximately 1.75mm. The proposed 3D PPP method, combined with the conventional FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling) procedure, was influenced by process parameters, such as the nozzle temperature, printing speed and CBA density. In order to verify the best processing conditions, the depositing parameters were experimentally investigated for the porous polymer structure. These results provide parameters under which to form a multiple of 3D porous polymer structures, as well as various other 3D structures, and help to improve the mechanical shock absorption for personal safety products.
Personal safety;3D porous polymer printing;Chemical blowing agent;Micro-Porous structure
- Goo, S. K., "Automobile Industry's Future with 3D Printing Technologies," Auto Journal, Vol. 37, No. 2, pp. 35-37, 2015.
- Paek, S. H., "Introduction of 3D Printing Technology & Applications," KIC News, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 2-10, 2015.
- Jung, D.-W., Jeong, J.-H., Park, C. B., and Shin, B.-S., "UV Laser Aided Micro-Cell Opening of EPP Foam for Improvement of Sound Absorption," Int. J. Precis. Eng. Manuf., Vol. 15, No. 7, pp. 1127-1131, 2013.
- Zhang, H.-B., Yan, Q., Zheng, W.-G., He, Z., and Yu, Z.-Z., "Tough Graphene-Polymer Microcellular Foams for Electromagnetic Interference Shielding," ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 918-924, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1021/am200021v
- Park, C., Shin, B.-S., Kang, M.-S., Ma, Y.-W., Oh, J.-Y., et al., "Experimental Study on Micro-Porous Patterning Using UV Pulse Laser Hybrid Process with Chemical Foaming Agent," Int. J. Precis. Eng. Manuf., Vol. 16, No. 7, pp. 1385-1390, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-015-0182-2
- Lee, C., Kim, A. R., and Kim, J. W., "Oil Retention Experiments and Evaluations for Electrochemically Etched Porous Strainless Steel Surface," J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol. 31, No. 12, pp. 1171-1176, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2014.31.12.1171
Kim, Y.-J., "Characteristic Change of PVDF-
$SiO_2$Composite Nanofibers with Different Thermal Treatment Temperature," Polymer-Korea, Vol. 35, No. 6, pp. 605-609, 2011.
- Cho, D. L., Shin, K. H., Lee, W.-J., and Kim, D.-H., "Improvement of Paint Adhesion to a Polypropylene Bumper by Plasma Treatment," Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology, Vol. 15, No. 6, pp. 653-664, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1163/156856101750430404
- Zhang, X., Xie, F., Pen, Z., Zhang, Y., Zhang, Y., et al., "Effect of Nucleating Agent on the Structure and Properties of Polypropylene/Poly (Ethylene-Octene) Blends," European Polymer Journal, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 1-6, 2001.
- Hou, Q., Grijpma, D. W., and Feijen, J., "Porous Polymeric Structures for Tissue Engineering Prepared by a Coagulation, Compression Moulding and Salt Leaching Technique," Biomaterials, Vol. 24, No. 11, pp. 1937-1947, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0142-9612(02)00562-8
- Koh, S. H. and Kim, S. B., "Physical Properties of Rigid Polyurethane Foams Prepared with Different Blowing Agents-The Effect of Various Co-Blowing Agents on the Properties of Rigid Polyurethane Foams Blown by HFC-365mfc-," Theories and Applications of Chemical Engineering, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 1669-1672, 2003.
- Kum Yang, "Blowing Agent," http://www.kyc.co.kr/02/01.php (Accessed 19 April 2016)
- Yoo, U.-K. and Lee, Y.-S., "Numerical Analysis of Cyclic Deformation of Polymer Foam Film Using Stretched Truncated Octahedron Model," J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 104-110, 2010.
- Kim, Y.-H., Kim, H.-R., and Ko, J.-W., "Preparation of Porous Gold for Sensor Applications," Journal of the Korean Institute of Gas, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 32-37, 2008.
Supported by : 한국연구재단