- Volume 33 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Prototype Manufacturing Using 3D Printing and Characteristics of Flow Rate and Dynamics for High Temperature Solenoid Valve
3D 프린팅을 이용한 고온용 솔레노이드 밸브의 시제품 제작 및 유량과 동적특성 평가
Yi, Hyung Wook;Lee, Yong Moon;Shin, Bo Sung;Lee, Tae Gu;Kang, Myung Chang
- Received : 2016.04.05
- Accepted : 2016.04.18
- Published : 2016.05.01
The solenoid valve is used widely across various industries; however, solenoid valves for use in high-temperature environments have to be highly specified, such as those used in thermal power plants and steel mills. As such, we have developed a solenoid valve, using an already developed solenoid, to allow for more specific use. In this type of development method, use of 3D printing is very effective, allowing for a reduction in errors in design and production. This study includes a mathematical model of the solenoid valve. Then, the simulation from the mathematical model was performed using the AMESim (Advanced Modeling Environment for Simulation of Engineering Systems). We made a prototype valve using the simulation results and also measured the flow rate and dynamic performance.
Solenoid valve;3D printing;High temperature;Flow rate
- Lim, B. J., Park, C. D., Chung, K. Y., and Yun, S. N., "Development of Solenoid Operated Valve for Nuclear Power Plant," Journal of the Korean Society for Fluid Power & Construction Equipments, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 26-34, 2014.
- Lim, B. J., Park, C. D., Lee, T. G., Yun, S. N., and Chung, K. Y., "A Study on the Improvement of Attraction Force of Solenoid Operated Valves," Proc. of the 36th Korean Society of Marine Engineering Fall Conference, pp. 121-122, 2012.
- Yun, S. and Yun, D., "Performance Improvement Strategy of Solenoid Valve and Magnetic Material Technique," Journal of Drive and Control, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 28-34, 2009.
- Paek, T. K. and Sung, S. J., "Analysis of Dynamic Characteristics for High Speed Plunger-Type Solenoid," The Transactions of Korea Institute of Power Electronics, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 26-32, 1997.
- Jeon, Y., Ju, M., Oh, Y., and Kim, D., "Characteristic Analysis of Low Consumption Power ISO Solenoid Valve," Proc. of the KSME Fall Annual Meeting, pp. 1250-1254, 2008.
- Lee, J.-Y., Jung, T.-K., Han, S.-Y., and Kim, Y.-M., "Characteristics of System Application Using Control Valve," Aerospace Engineering and Technology, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 126-133, 2006.
- Jeong, C. S., Yi, H. W., Yun, D. H., and Yang, S. Y., "Modelling and Controller Design of Electro-Magnetic Valve," Proc. of the Korea Fluid Power Systems Society Autumn Conference, pp.43-48, 2010.
- Lee, C. S., "Study on the Flow Characteristics of Solenoid Valves," M.Sc. Thesis, Department of Mechanical Design Engineering, Chungnam National University, 2014.
- Cha, H. H., "A Study on Personal 3D Printer Safety Guide," M.Sc. Thesis, Department of Industrial Engineering, Kumoh National University, 2014.
- Ham, W. S., Lee, S. Y., Lee, S. C., and Lee, S. H., "A Study of Metal 3D Printing Applied for Mold/Tooling Practices and Effects," Proc. of Korea Manufacturing Technology Conference, Vol. 2014, No. 4, p. 37, 2014.
- Jeong, C. and Yang, S., "A Study on Development of High Flow Solenoid Valves," Journal of Drive and Control, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 7-13, 2013.
- Ji, S. W., "Flow Equations of Pneumatic Valve," Journal of the Korea Fluid Power Systems Society, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 20-25, 2006.
- Kim, H.-C., Lee, S., and Lee, S.-H., "Rapid Tooling Technology for Producing Functional Prototypes Using Ceramic Shell Investment Casting and Patterns Produced Directly from Thermojet 3D Printer," J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol. 23, No. 8, pp. 203-210, 2006.
- Ahn, D., Kim, H., Jeong, H., and Lee, S., "A Study on Improving the Surface Roughness of Stereolithography Parts," J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol. 21, No. 9, pp. 196-203, 2004.
- KSB6355, "3-Port Solenoid Operated Valves for Pneumatic Use," 2002.
- KSB6931, "Pneumatic Fluid Power - Determination of Flow-Rate Characteristics of Pneumatic Control Valves," 2013.
Supported by : 한국연구재단