- Volume 33 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Forming Properties of Micro Random Pattern Using Micro Abrasive Paper Tool by Roll to Plate Indentation Method
미세 지립 페이퍼 공구와 롤투플레이트 압입공정을 이용한 마이크로 랜덤 패턴의 성형특성
Jeong, Ji-Young;Je, Tae-Jin;Moon, SeungHwan;Lee, Je-Ryung;Choi, Dae-Hee;Kim, Min-Ju;Jeon, Eun-chae
- Received : 2015.12.10
- Accepted : 2016.03.21
- Published : 2016.05.01
Recently in the display industry, demands for high-luminance and resolution of display devices have been steadily increasing. Generally, micro linear patterns are applied to an optical film in order to improve its properties of light. However, these patterns are easily viewed to eyes and moire phenomenon can be occurred. Micro random patterns are proposed as a method to solve these problems, increasing light-luminance and light-diffusion. However, conventional pattern manufacturing technologies have long processing times and high costs making it difficult to apply to large area molds. In order to combat this issue, micro-random patterns are formed by using a roll to plate indentation method along with abrasive paper tools composed of AlSiO2, SiC, and diamond grains. Also, forming properties, such as size and fill-factor of random patterns, are analyzed depending on type, mesh of abrasive paper tools, and indentation forces.
Micro random pattern;Abrasive paper tool;Roll to plate indentation;Forming property;Indentation force
- Je, T. J., Shin, Y. J., Lee, E. S., Choi, D. S., Hong, S. M., et al., "Machining Process for Micro Pyramid Pattern Mold," Proc. of the Korean Society for Technology of Plasticity Spring Conference, pp. 55-59, 2007.
- Je, T. J., Choi, H. J., Park, E. S., and Jeon, E. C., "Micro Prism Pattern Cutting on Curved Surface Using Planning Process," Proc. of KSPE Spring Conference, p. 258, 2014.
- Funamoto, A. and Aoyama, S., "LED Backlight System with Double-Prism Pattern," Journal of the Society for Information Display, Vol. 14, No. 11, pp. 1045-1051, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1889/1.2393029
- Lee, J., Meissner, S. C., and Sudol, R. J., "Optical Film to Enhance Cosmetic Appearance and Brightness in Liquid Crystal Displays," Optics Express, Vol. 15, No. 14, pp. 8609-8618, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.15.008609
- Park, G.-J., Kim, Y.-G., Yi, J.-H., Kwon, J.-H., Park, J.-H., et al., "Enhancement of the Optical Performance by Optimization of Optical Sheets in Direct-Illumination LCD Backlight," Journal of the Optical Society of Korea, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 152-157, 2009. https://doi.org/10.3807/JOSK.2009.13.1.152
- Pudis, D., Suslik, L., Skriniarova, J., Kovac, J., Kubicova, I., et al., "Effect of 2D Photonic Structure Patterned in the LED Surface on Emission Properties," Applied Surface Science, Vol. 269, pp. 161-165, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2012.10.030
- Zhou, S., Cao, B., Liu, S., and Ding, H., "Improved Light Extraction Efficiency of Gan-Based Leds with Patterned Sapphire Substrate and Patterned ITO," Optics & Laser Technology, Vol. 44, No. 7, pp. 2302-2305, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optlastec.2012.02.008
- Lee, S.-W., Lee, D.-Y., Song, K.-H., Kang, H.-C., and Kim, S.-J., "Core Technology Development for Micro Machining Process on Large Surface," J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol. 28, No. 7, pp. 769-776, 2011.
- Dong, C., Gu, Y., Zhong, M., Li, L., Sezer, K., et al., "Fabrication of Superhydrophobic Cu Surfaces with Tunable Regular Micro and Random Nano-Scale Structures by Hybrid Laser Texture and Chemical Etching," Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 211, No. 7, pp. 1234-1240, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2011.02.007
- Shin, J.-W., Cho, D.-H., Moon, J., Joo, C. W., Park, S. K., et al., "Random Nano-Structures as Light Extraction Functionals for Organic Light-Emitting Diode Applications," Organic Electronics, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 196-202, 2015.
- Choi, H. J., Je, T. J., Jeon, E. C., Jeong, J. Y., Min, J. H., et al., "Analysis of Effect of Load on Machining of Random Pattern in Indentation Using Abrasive Grain Tool," Proc. of KSPE Spring Conference, p. 24, 2015.
- Jeong, J. Y., Je, T. J., Lee, J. R., Choi, D. H., Moon, S. H., et al., "Analysis of Roll to Plate Indentation Machining Property according to Indentation Force Using Abrasive Grain Tool," Proc. of Korea Society Manufacturing Process Engineers Autumn Conference, p. 46, 2015.
Grant : WorldClass300프로젝트지원
Supported by : 엘엠에스