- Volume 33 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Study on Hardening Depth by Induction Hardening Analysis of Sprocket Using FEA and Experiment Results
유한요소해석을 통한 스프라켓의 유도경화 해석과 실험에 의한 경화 깊이에 대한 연구
Choi, Jin Kyu;Nam, Kwang Sik;Kim, Jae Ki;Choi, Ho Min;Yeum, Sang Hoon;Lee, Seok Soon
- Received : 2015.10.21
- Accepted : 2016.02.16
- Published : 2016.05.01
High frequency induction heating (HFIH) is used in many industries and has a number of advantages, including reliability and repeatability. It is a non-contact method of providing energy-efficient heat in the minimum amount of time without using a flame. Recently, HFIH has been actively studied using the finite element method (FEM), however, these studies only focused on the accuracy of the analysis. In this paper, we can measure joule heat distributions by the electromagnetic analysis for HFIH and the temperature distribution from the heat transfer analysis by applying joule heat for a sprocket. The sprocket is heated over
High frequency;Induction heating;Induction hardening;Sprocket;FEM
- Telning, K. E., "Steel and Its Heat Treatment," Butterworths, pp. 554-564, 1984.
- Hong, S.-O., Kim, H.-B., and Cho, G.-J., "A Study on Improvement of Workpiece Deformation in High Frequency Heat Treatment," Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 31-36, 2003.
- Hwang, J., Kwon, O., Yun, J., and Park, K., "Finite Element Analysis of Induction Heating Process for Development of Rapid Mold Heating System," Transactions of Materials Processing, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 113-119, 2007. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2007.16.2.113
- Sohn, D.-H., Seo, Y.-S., and Park, K., "Three-Dimensional Finite Element Analysis of the Induction Heating Procedure of an Injection Mold," Transactions of Materials Processing, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 152-159, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2010.19.3.152
- Abaqus Benchmarks Manual (6.12), "1.11.7 A Simple Steady-State Dynamic Acoustic Analysis," http://xn--90ajn.xn--p1ai/library/abaqus_doc/Documentation/docs/v6.12/books/bmk/default.htm?startat=ch01s11ach79.html (Accessed 21 April 2016)
- Wikipedia, "Electrical Resistivity and Conductivity," https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_resistivity_and_conductivity (Accessed 12 April 2016)
- Wikipedia, "Permeability (Electromagnetism)," https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permeability_(electromagnetism) (Accessed 12 April 2016)
- The Engineering ToolBox, "Air Properties," http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/air-properties-d_156.html (Accessed 12 April 2016)
- The Engineering ToolBox, "Specific-Heats of Metals," http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/specific-heat-metals-d_152.html (Accessed 12 April 2016)
- The Engineering ToolBox, "Thermal Conductivity of Metals," http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/thermal-conductivity-metals-d_858.html (Accessed 12 April 2016)
- Kim, W. I. and Heo, S. J., "A Study on the Surface Roughness Influenced by SM45C Hardness in High Frequency Induction Hardening," Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 1-8, 1993.
- Ryu, G.-H., Lee, D.-J., Kim, D.-J., Kim, B.-M., and Kim, G.-H., "Process Design of the Hot Pipe Bending Process Using High Frequency Induction Heating," J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol. 18, No. 9, pp. 110-121, 2001.