- Volume 33 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Color Adjustment Study by Micro-Pattern Embedding in Optical Multilayer Thin Film
다층광학필름에서 마이크로패턴 삽입을 통한 색 조정 연구
Kim, Min;Woo, Ju Yeon;Yoon, Junho;Hwangbo, Chang Kwon;Han, Chang-Soo
- Received : 2015.12.21
- Accepted : 2016.03.10
- Published : 2016.05.01
It is well known that Morpho butterflies show distinctive, brilliant and iridescent colors and have micro-nano scale structures, instead of dyes and pigments, on their wings. This structural coloration is regarded as a novel technique to express color with a long lifetime, ease and precise tenability. Here, we studied optical multilayer thin films with thickness of several tens of nm (
Micro-Pattern;Optical multilayer thin film;Color adjustment;Geometrical optics;Reflectance spectrum
- Haynie, D. T., Palath, N., Liu, Y., Li, B., and Pargaonkar, N., "Biomimetic Nanostructured Materials: Inherent Reversible Stabilization of Polypeptide Microcapsules," Langmuir, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 1136-1138, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1021/la047833d
- Arlett, J., Myers, E., and Roukes, M., "Comparative Advantages of Mechanical Biosensors," Nature Nanotechnology, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 203-215, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1038/nnano.2011.44
- Buzea, C., Pacheco, I. I., and Robbie, K., "Nanomaterials and Nanoparticles: Sources and Toxicity," Biointerphases, Vol. 2, No. 4, pp. MR17-MR71, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1116/1.2815690
- Tada, H., Mann, S. E., Miaoulis, I. N., and Wong, P. Y., "Effects of a Butterfly Scale Microstructure on the Iridescent Color Observed at Different Angles," Optics Express, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 87-92, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.5.000087
- Kinoshita, S., Yoshioka, S., and Kawagoe, K., "Mechanisms of Structural Colour in the Morpho Butterfly: Cooperation of Regularity and Irregularity in an Iridescent Scale," The Royal Society Publishing: Proceedings B, Vol. 269, No. 1499, pp. 1417-1421, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1098/rspb.2002.2019
- Siddique, R. H., Diewald, S., Leuthold, J., and Holscher, H., "Theoretical and Experimental Analysis of the Structural Pattern Responsible for the Iridescence of Morpho Butterflies," Optics Express, Vol. 21, No. 12, pp. 14351-14361, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.21.014351
- Wang, W., Zhang, W., Gu, J., Liu, Q., Deng, T., et al., "Design of a Structure with Low Incident and Viewing Angle Dependence Inspired by Morpho Butterflies," Scientific Reports, Article No. 3427, 2013.
- Huang, J., Wang, X., and Wang, Z. L., "Controlled Replication of Butterfly Wings for Achieving Tunable Photonic Properties," Nano Letters, Vol. 6, No. 10, pp. 2325-2331, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1021/nl061851t
- Gao, Y., Peng, Z., Shi, T., Tan, X., Zhang, D., et al., "Bio-Inspired Fabrication of Complex Hierarchical Structure in Silicon," Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Vol. 15, No. 8, pp. 5918-5923, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1166/jnn.2015.10194
- Moore, G. E., "Cramming More Components onto Integrated Circuits," Electronics, Vol. 38, No. 8, pp. 114-117, 1965.
- Yoshikawa, H., Taniguchi, J., Tazaki, G., and Zento, T., "Fabrication of High-Aspect-Ratio Pattern via High Throughput Roll-to-Roll Ultraviolet Nanoimprint Lithography," Microelectronic Engineering, Vol. 112, pp. 273-277, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mee.2013.03.117
- Bender, M., Otto, M., Hadam, B., Vratzov, B., Spangenberg, B., et al., "Fabrication of Nanostructures Using a UV-Based Imprint Technique," Microelectronic Engineering, Vol. 53, No. 1, pp. 233-236, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-9317(00)00304-X
- Krug, H. F. and Wick, P., "Nanotoxicology: An Interdisciplinary Challenge," Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 50, No. 6, pp. 1260-1278, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.201001037
- Choi, S. Y., Mamak, M., Von Freymann, G., Chopra, N., and Ozin, G. A., "Mesoporous Bragg Stack Color Tunable Sensors," Nano Letters, Vol. 6, No. 11, pp. 2456-2461, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1021/nl061580m
- Brandrup, J., Immergut, E. H., Grulke, E. A., Abe, A., and Bloch, D. R., "Polymer Handbook," Wiley New York, p. 2, 1999.
- Lee, M. J. and Kim, Y. S., "Fabrication of Replica Polymer Mold for Imprint Lithography," Electronic Materials Letters, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 155-162, 2007.
- Kanamori, Y., Katsube, H., Furuta, T., Hasegawa, S., and Hane, K., "Design and Fabrication of Structural Color Filters with Polymer-Based Guided-Mode Resonant Gratings by Nanoimprint Lithography," Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 48, No. 6S, Paper No. 06FH04, 2009.
- Chung, K., Yu, S., Heo, C. J., Shim, J. W., Yang, S. M., et al., "Flexible, Angle-Independent, Structural Color Reflectors Inspired by Morpho Butterfly Wings," Advanced Materials, Vol. 24, No. 18, pp. 2375-2379, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1002/adma.201200521
Supported by : 한국연구재단