- Volume 33 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Preliminary Study on Pre-Heating Process of Stellite21 Powder Using Electron Beam
전자빔을 이용한 Stellite21 분말 예열공정에 관한 기초 연구
Lee, Ho-Jin;Song, Jae-Guk;Kim, Jin-Suk;Ahn, Dong-Gyu
- Received : 2016.03.30
- Accepted : 2016.04.18
- Published : 2016.05.01
A powder spreading phenomenon is one of disadvantageous characteristics of the powder bed fusion process using electron beams. The powder spreading phenomenon can be controlled using a pre-heating process of metallic powders. The aim of this paper was to investigate the preheating process of Stellite21 powder using electron beams. Powder spreading experiments were performed to examine the influence of process parameters on the spreading behaviors of Stellite21 powder. Powder heating experiments were carried to investigate the effects of the focusing current of the electron beam on the quality of the heated region. Using the results of the powder spreading and heating experiments, an appropriate combination of process parameters was obtained. The pre-heating experiment of Stellite21 was performed using the estimated combination of process parameters. The results of preheating experiments showed that the preheated Stelllite21 layer with desired characteristics can be created when the estimated combination of process parameters is applied.
Electron beam;Stellite21 powder;Pre-Heating process;Powder spreading
- Ahn, D. G., "Application of 3D Printing Technology in Mold Industry," Journal of the Korean Society Mechanical Engineers, Vol. 54, No. 4, pp. 46-51, 2014.
- Ahn, D. G., Kim, S. H., and Lee, H. J., "A Preliminary Study on the Application of Three-Dimensional (3D) Printing Technologies to Hot Bulk Forming Processes - Example of Preform Design and Investigation of Hot-Working Tool Steel Deposited Surface," J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol. 31, No. 12, pp. 1093-1100, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2014.31.12.1093
- Choi, S. K., "3D Printing Technologies and Architectural Application," Architectural Research, Vol. 58, No. 2, pp. 17-25, 2014.
- Park, K., "Applications of 3D CAD and 3D Printing in Engineering Design Education," J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol. 31, No. 12, pp. 1085-1091, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2014.31.12.1085
- Choi, J. W. and Kim, H. C., "3D Printing Technologies - A Review," Journal of Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 1-8, 2015.
- Milberg, J. and Sigl, M., "Electron Beam Sintering of Metal Powder," Production Engineering, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 117-122, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11740-008-0088-2
- Kahnert, M., Lutzmann S., and Zaeh, M. F., "Layer Formation in Electron Beam Sintering," Proc. of 18th Solid Freeform Fabrication Symposium, pp. 88-99, 2007.
- Bailey, A., "Electrostatic Phenomena during Powder Handling," Powder Technology, Vol. 37, No. 1, pp. 71-85, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1016/0032-5910(84)80007-8
- Harrysson, O. L., Cansizoglu, O., Marcellin-Little, D. J., Cormier, D. R., and West, H. A., "Direct Metal Fabrication of Titanium Implants with Tailored Materials and Mechanical Properties Using Electron Beam Melting Technology," Materials Science and Engineering: C, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 366-373, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msec.2007.04.022
- Sigl, M., Lutzmann, S., and Zah, M., "Transient Physical Effects in Electron Beam Sintering," Proc. of 17th Solid Freeform Fabrication Symposium, pp. 397-405, 2006.
- Matweb, "Kennametal Stellite Stellite(R) 21," http://www.matweb.com/search/datasheettext.aspx?matguid=3de3c769afb54af7a8647e117cef0d18 (Accessed 22 April 2016)
- Matweb, "AISI 1045 Steel, Quenched and Tempered to 500 HB," http://www.matweb.com/search/DataSheet.aspx?MatGUID=d539dceea38c44ef982a90735e80d348 (Accessed 22 April 2016)
- Estimation of Effective Thermal Conductivity of Ti-6Al-4V Powders for a Powder Bed Fusion Process Using Finite Element Analysis vol.19, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-018-0030-2
Grant : 전자빔을 이용한 고융점 초합금 쾌속생산공정 원천기술개발
Supported by : 산업통상자원부