- Volume 26 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development of a Windows-based Program for Discrete Event Simulation of Truck-Loader Haulage Systems in an Underground Mine
지하광산 트럭-로더 운반시스템의 이산 사건 시뮬레이션을 위한 Windows용 프로그램 개발
Choi, Yosoon;Park, Sebeom;Lee, Sung-Jae;Baek, Jieun;Jung, Jihoo;Park, Han-Su
- Received : 2016.03.10
- Accepted : 2016.04.12
- Published : 2016.04.30
We developed a Windows-based program for discrete event simulation of truck-loader haulage systems in an underground mine. The Daesung MDI limestone mine located in Samcheok City, Gangwon Province, Korea was selected as the study area to design the program. The developed program is composed of the graphic user interface (GUI) and simulation engine implemented by Visual Basic.NET 2012 and the GPSS/H simulation language, respectively. When a user sets up input parameters for the discrete event simulation through GUI, the program activates the simulation engine, and then simulation results are displayed on GUI. This paper describes the details of the program development as well as its applications to the study area to determine the optimal number of trucks dispatched at each loading point under different operating conditions.
Underground mine;Truck-loader haulage system;Simulation;GPSS/H
- Aksoy, M. and Yalcin, E., 2000, A computer program for open pit mine equipment selection: TruckMac, In: Panagiotou, G.N. and Michalakopoulos, T.N. (eds), Mine Planning and Equipment Selection 2000, Balkema, Rotterdam, Netherlands, pp. 499-503.
- Bonates, E.J.L., 1996, Interactive truck haulage simulation program, In: Hennies, W.T., Ayres Da Silva, L.A. and Chaves, A.P. (eds), Mine Planning and Equipment Selection 1996, Balkerma, Rotterdam, Netherlands, pp. 51-57.
- Choi, Y. and Nieto, A., 2011, Software for simulating open-pit truck/shovel haulage systems using Google Earth and GPSS/H, Journal of the Korean Society for Geosystem Engineering, Vol. 48, No. 6, pp. 734-743.
- Choi, Y., 2011, New software for simulating truck-shovel operation in open pit mines, Journal of the Korean Society for Geosystem Engineering, Vol. 48, No. 4, pp. 448-459.
- Ercelebi, S.G. and Bascetin, A., 2009, Optimization of shovel-truck system for surface mining, The Journal of the Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, Vol. 109, pp. 433-439.
- http://http://www.kores.net/main.do (Accessed at 31 March 2015).
- KORES, 2011, Technical Data Analysis of Donghae Mine of Daesung MDI Co., Ltd.
- MKE and KIGAM, 2011, Annual report of mineral supply and demand status in korea, http://rik.kigam.re.kr/portal/, pp. 95-100. (Access 31 March 2015).
- Park, S. and Choi, Y., 2013, Simulation of shovel-truck haulage system by considering truck dispatch methods, Journal of the Korean Society for Geosystem Engineering, Vol. 50, No. 4, pp. 543-556.
- Park, S., Choi, Y. and Park, H. S., 2014a, Simulation of shovel-truck haulage system in open-pit mines by considering breakdown of trucks and crusher capacity, TUNNEL & UNDERGROUND SPACE, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 1-10. https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2014.24.1.001
- Park, S., Choi, Y. and Park, H.S., 2016, Optimization of truck-loader haulage systems in an underground mine using simulation methods, Geosystem Engineering, in-press, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/12269328.2016.1176538 https://doi.org/10.1080/12269328.2016.1176538
- Park, S., Choi. Y., and Park, H.S., 2014b, Simulation of truck-loader haulage systems in an underground mine using GPSS/H, TUNNEL & UNDERGROUND SPACE, Vol, 24, No. 6, pp. 430-439. https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2014.24.6.430
- Park, S., Lee, S., Choi, Y. and Park, H.S., 2014c, Development of a windows-based simulation program for selecting equipments in open-pit shovel-truck haulage systems, TUNNEL & UNDERGROUND SPACE, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 111-119. https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2014.24.2.111
- Salama, A.J., Greberg, J. and Schunnesson, H., 2014, The use of discrete-event simulation for underground haulage mining equipment selection, International Journal of Mining and Mineral Engineering, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 256-271. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJMME.2014.064486
- Suboleski, S.C., 1975, Mine Systems Engineering Lecture Notes, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Temeng, V.A., 1997, A computerized model for truck dispatching in open pit mines. PhD dissertation, Michigan Technological University, Michigan, USA.
- Integration of Simulation and Animation for Truck-Loader Haulage Systems in an Underground Mine Using GPSS/H and PROOF5 vol.55, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.32390/ksmer.2018.55.3.185
Grant : 국내 석회석광 적용 자동차 경량화 광물 원료 등 미래 자원화 기술 실증화 연구, 광물자원 탐사.개발
Supported by : 산업통상자원부