- Volume 26 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Application of Kuz-Ram model to Domestic Open-pit Limestone Mine
국내 석회석 노천광산에 대한 Kuz-Ram 모델의 적용성에 관한 연구
- Lee, Seung-Joong ;
- Kim, Byung-Ryeol ;
- Choi, Sung-Oong ;
- Jin, Yeon-Ho ;
- Jung, Min-Su ;
- Min, Hyung-Dong
- Received : 2016.04.15
- Accepted : 2016.04.25
- Published : 2016.04.30
Considering the applicability of Kuz-Ram model, which has been used extensively for predicting rock fragmentation size distribution by blasting, to domestic open-pit limestone mine, a total of 21 blasting tests have been executed at an open-pit limestone mine in eastern Gangwon of South Korea. A comparative analysis of field measured value and Kuz-Ram predicted value showed that there are a considerable amount of error in the predicted values regardless of application of various correction parameters for rock factor and uniformity factor; up to 56.45% in mean fragmentation size and 37.52% in uniformity index. Also the problem of applying different correction parameters has been derived even though a similar blasting pattern has been adopted for a same blasting bench. The authors therefore suggest that Kuz-Ram model needs to be modified for a proper application to domestic open-pit limestone mine.
Kuz-Ram model;Rock fragmentation;Open-pit Limestone mine
- Adams, T.F., Demuth, R.B., Keller, C.F., Margolin, L.G. and Nichols, B.D., 1985, Simulation of dynamic rock breakage with the SHALE code, Fragmentation by blasting(1st edition), Society for experimental mechanics, 147-157.
- Bergmann, O.R., Wu, F.C. and Edl, J.W., 1974, Model rock blasting measures effect of delays and hole patterns on rock fragmentation, Engineering and mining journal, 124-127.
- Choi, Y.K., Lee, C.I., Lee, J.S. and Kim, J.S., 2004, Analysis of in-situ rock conditions for fragmentation prediction in bench blasting, Tunnel and underground space, Vol. 14, No. 5, 353-362.
- Cunningham, C.V., 1983, The Kuz-Ram model for prediction of fragmentation from blasting, Proceedings of the 1st international symposium on rock fragmentation by blasting, Lulea, Sweden, Vol. 2, 439-453.
- Cunningham, C.V., 1987, Fragmentation estimation and the Kuz-Ram model-four years on, Proceedings of the 2nd international symposium on rock fragmentation by blasting, Colorado, U.S.A., 475-487.
- Cunningham, C.V., 2005, The Kuz-Ram fragmentation model-20 years on, 2005 European federation of explosives engineers, Brighton conference proceeding, Brighton, U.K., 201-210.
- Jin, Y.H., Min, H.D., Park, Y.S., Heo, E.H., Choi, S.O. and Lee S.J., 2014, A study on rock fragmentation variation by delay time, Journal of Korean society of explosive & blasting Engineering, Vol. 32, No. 3, 1-9.
- Kou, S. and Rustan, A., 1993, Computerized design and result prediction of bench blasting, Proceedings of the 4th international symposium on rock fragmentation by blasting, Vienna, Austria, 263-271.
- Kuznetsov, V.M., 1973, The mean diameter of fragments formed by blasting rock, Journal of mining science, Vol. 9, 144-148.
- Langefors, U. and Kihlstrom, B., 1978, The modern technique of rock blasting, Halstead press book, 3rd edition, New York, U.S.A., 45-138.
- Larsson, B., 1974, Blasting of low and high benches, Swedish rock blasting committee, Stockholm, Sweden, 247-271.
- McHugh, S., 1983, Computational simulations of dynamically induced fracture and fragmentation, Proceedings of the 1st international symposium on rock fragmentation by blasting, Lulea, Sweden, Vol. 1, 407-418.
- Rout, M., 2007, Optimization of blasting parameters in opencast mines, Ph. D. thesis, National institute of technology Rourkela, Odisha, India, 23-29.
- Rosin, R. and Rammler, E., 1933, Laws governing the fineness of coal, Journal of the Institute of Fuels, Vol. 6, 29-36.
Grant : 국내 석회석광 적용 자동차 경량화 광물 원료 등 미래 자원화 기술 실증화 연구 중 선택적 채광을 위한 발파기술 개발
Supported by : 산업통상자원부