- Volume 26 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Stability Analysis of Large Underground Limestone Openings considering Excavation Damaged Zone
굴착손상영역을 고려한 대형 석회석 갱내채광장의 안정성 분석 연구
Kwon, Min-Hyuk;Choi, Sung-Oong;Kim, Chang-Oh
- Received : 2016.04.12
- Accepted : 2016.04.26
- Published : 2016.04.30
Investigation for rock joints, inspection for rock core, and laboratory tests for rock specimens, in this study, have been performed for identification of the extent and properties of Excavation Damaged Zone in a underground limestone mine, which plans to enlarge the size of openings to improve the production rate. Properties of EDZ and surrounding rock masses have been used numerically for discontinuum analysis, and it is concluded that the effect of EDZ can be increased with increasing the opening size and a blasting pattern of high precision can be suggested for the counterplan.
Excavation Damaged Zone;Production rate;Discontinuum analysis
- Chang, S.H., Shin, I.J., Choi, Y.K. and Lee, C.I., 2000, A Study on the Evaluation of Damage Zone around Tunnel Induced by Blasting, Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society, Vol. 16, No. 5, 129-140.
- Daesung Mining Development Inc., 2014, Stability evaluation of Donghae mine, Final report.
- Hoek, E. and M.Diederichs, 2006, Empirical estimation of rock mass modulus, In. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci. 43.2, 203-215. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmms.2005.06.005
- Kim, C.O., Um, W.Y., Chung, S.K. and Cheon, D.S., 2016, Case study of microseismic techniques for stability analysis of pillars in a limestone mine, Tunnel and underground space, Vol. 26, No. 1, 1-11. https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2016.26.1.001
- Kim, J.S., Kwon, S.K. and Cho, W.J., 2009, An Assessment of the Excavation Damaged Zone in the KAERI Underground Research Tunnel, Explosives & blasting, Vol. 27, No. 1, 21-31.
- Kim, Y.B., Chung, S.K., Jo, S.H., Kim, C.O. and Um, W.Y., Hybrid room-and-pillar mining method, Patent No. 1015657890000, 2015.10.
- KORES, 2006, The Detailed Geological Survey Programme in the Samchock-Daepyong Area.
- Kwon, S., Kim, J.S. and Cho, W.J., 2008, The Inflence of Excavation Damaged Zone around an Underground Research Tunnel in KAERI, Explosives & blasting, Vol. 26, No. 2, 11-19.
- Lee, C., Kwon, S.K., Choi. J.W. and Jeon, S.W., 2011, An Estimation of the Excavation Damaged Zone at the KAERI Underground Research Tunnel, Tunnel and underground space, Vol. 21, No. 5, 359-369.
- Lee, J.S., Moon, J.K. and Choi, W.E., 2011, Analysis of correlation between velocity of elastic wave and mechanical properties of rocks, Tunnel & Underground Space, Vol.21, No.1, 50-65.
- Overt, L. and Duvall, W., 1967, Rock mechanics and the design of structures in rock, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Sato, T., Kikuchi, T. and Sugihara, K., 2000, In-situ experiments on an excavation disturbed zone induced by mechanical excavation in Neogene sedimentary rock at Tono mine, central Japan, Engineering Geology, 56, 97-108. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0013-7952(99)00136-2
- Saiang D., 2010, Stability analysis of the blast-induced damage zone by continuum and coupled continuumdiscontinuum methods, Engineering Geology, 116, 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enggeo.2009.07.011
- Tsang, C.F., Bernier, F. and Davies, C., 2005, Geohydromechanical processes in the Excavation Damaged Zone in crystalline rock, rock salt, and indurated and plastic clays-in the context of radioactive waste disposal, International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, Vol. 42, No. 1, 109-125. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmms.2004.08.003
Grant : 국내 석회석광 적용 자동차 경량화 광물 원료 등 미래 자원화 기술 실증화 연구
Supported by : 산업통상자원부