- Volume 27 Issue 2
This paper introduced the affordable housing support programs and system of the State of Michigan and Lansing Metropolitan Area and reviewed the affordable housing plan of Lansing area. This paper also examined their challenges and efforts to solve the affordable housing issues with additional analysis. The affordable housing planning process was also presented with a comprehensive analysis and future prediction of demographic characteristics and housing supply and demand for affordable housing. Especially, the trend and future forecast of the elderly and low-income households who have a significant impact on the affordable housing demand are considered. The U.S. and South Korea have different housing characteristics and situations. A part of the plan and suggestions of Lansing are somewhat unfamiliar, and it is difficult to introduce their suggestions into our policies. However, the affordable housing plan of Lansing Metropolitan Area suggested various solutions to solve the issues, and some of them deserve to be considered on our housing policy making.
부담가능주택;저소득층 가구;미시건주 랜싱도시권
- Bourassa, S. C. (1996). Measuring the affordability of home-ownership. Urban Studies, 33(10), 1867-1877. https://doi.org/10.1080/0042098966420
- Draper, K., Lee, J., & Moriarty, S. (2014). Fair and Affordable housing initiatives: the next five years, Greater Lansing Housing Coalition, Lansing, MI.
- Faber, J. F. (1982). Life tables for the United States: 1900- 2050. Actuarial Study No. 87, Washington D.C.
- Greater Lansing Housing Coalition (GLHC). (2015). Greater Lansing Housing Coalition. Retrieved October 10, 2015 from http://www.glhc.org/
- Jin, M. Y., & Park, J. S. (2009). Review of U.S. Housing Choice Voucher Program as Tenant-Based Housing Subsidy: Historical Experiences and Policy Implications. Housing Studies Review, 17, 115-151.
- Kim, K. H., Lee, S. Y., Cho, M. S., Lee, G. S., & Lee. J. (2012). A Study for International Housing Welfare Policies, Ministry of Land, Transportation, and Maritime Affairs & Korean Association for Housing Policy Studies, Seoul, Korea
- Kling, J. R., Liebman, J. B., Katz, L. F., & Sanbonmatsu, L. (2004). Moving to opportunity and tranquility. Princeton Industrial Relations Section Working Paper, 481.
- LaMore, R., & LeBlanc, M. (2013). Planning Policies and Regulations that can reduce the Practice of Private Property Abandonment in the United States. Center for Community and Economic Development, Lansing, MI
- Lansing Housing Commission (LHC). (2015). Lansing Housing Commission. Retrieved October 12, 2015 from http://lanshc.org/
- Mian, A., &Sufi, A. (2014). House of Debt: How They (and You) Caused the Great Recession, and How We Can Prevent It from Happening Again. University of Chicago Press, Chicago, IL
- Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA). (2015a). Michigan State Housing Development Authority Retrieved October 11, 2015 from http://www.michigan.gov/mshda/
- Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) (2015b). Financial Report with Supplemental Information; 2014.6.30., Lansing, MI
- Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA). (2015c). Michigan Preservation Information Exchange (MIPIE) Retrieved October 15, 2015 from http://housing.state.mi.us/mipie/default.aspx
- Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA). (2015d). Program Income. Retrieved October 15, 2015 from https://mi.michigan.gov/documents/mshda/cd_pi_499126_7.pdf
- Park, M. S. (2012). Housing Choice Voucher Program's achievements on Low-income Households' Housing Welfare. Journal of the Korean Urban Management Association, 25(2), 121-154.
- Park, M. S. (2014). International housing assistance system: The introduction, operating, and implications of housing voucher program in the United States, Korea Housing Society, 9(1), 7-16.
- Son, K. H., Chun, S. J., & Chun, S. A. (2013). Outcome and policy implications of the US housing market countermeasures. KRIHS Policy Brief, 1-8.
- Steffen, B. L., Carter, G. R., Martin, M., Pelletiere, D., Vandenbroucke, D. A., & Yao, Y. D. (2015). Worst case housing needs. 2015 Report to Congress. DIANE Publishing.
- Turner, M. A., Brown, K. D., Cunningham, M., & Sawyer, N. (2003). Rethinking local affordable housing strategies: lessons from 70 years of policy and practice. Washington, DC: Brookings Institution Center on Urban and Metropolitan Policy.
- U.S. Census Bureau (2015). How the Census Bureau Measures Poverty, Retrieved October 10, 2015 from https:// www.census.gov/hhes/www/poverty/about/overview/measure.html
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). (2015a). Affordable Housing. Retrieved October 8, 2015 from http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/comm_planning/affordablehousing)
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). (2015b). FY 2015 HUD Income limits briefing material, Washington D.C.