- Volume 27 Issue 2
In recent rural areas, unlike the past, the young population is increasing with the growth of the agricultural industry and the quality of life-focused trend. Therefore, the rural areas need to more actively respond to the housing demands of the young generations. In this regard, this study aimed to research the housing conditions of the households with children and identify any problems. The study targeted 16 families with children in Deokpo-ri, Yeongwol-gun, Gangwon Province. The research was conducted based on the on-site case study, specifically face-to-face in-depth interview and on-site monitoring using the checklist by residential spaces. The research findings are as follows: The discovered issues include the storage size and safety issues in the movement space, failure to provide the space tailored to the characteristics of the children and the insufficient size and storage space in the living space and the size and safety issues in the sanitary space. Overall, it was identified that small and insufficient storage space in the house pointed out as the main issue in this research was getting the residents' life more uncomfortable and unreasonable, and the activities of the children made their parents do unnecessary behaviors and stressed out during the process of childrearing. Therefore, it is necessary to consider the space arrangement considering the organizing system, caring system and the behavioral characteristics of the children during the process of child-rearing.
- Ann, J. G. & Kim, B. H., & Lee, J. H. (2015). A Study on the Development Schemes of Local Small and Medium Cities to the Declining Population and Increasing Aging Environment. Journal of the Korean Housing Association, 13(1), 323-334.
- Byeun, G. D. & Ha, M. G. (2015). Environmental Design Elements for Safety Improvement in Residential Complexes -Focused on Children's Safety. Journal of Korea Design Knowledge, 33(1), 25-36.
- Choi, H. W. (2014). A Study on the Characteristic of Architectural Planning Elements of Child Care Support Apartment in Japan -Focused on the Cases Located in Yokohama City-. Journal of the Korean Housing Association, 25(4), 11-18.
- Choi, J. A. & Byun, G. H. (2005). The Research of Early Childhood Education & Care Support Policy of Low Fertility Aging Society. Early childhood education & care, 1, 65-88.
- Hong, S. A. & Kim, E. J., & Sun, B. Y. (2013). Home care support policy Status and Improvement. Korea Women's Development Institute Reports.
- Jeoung, S. H. (2015). Policy Responses to Low Fertility and Its Problems. The Population Association of Korea, 38(2), 113-134.
- Jeoung, H. & Lee, Y. S., & Lim, H. S. (2012). Direction of Residential Planning for Multi-cultural Families -A Case of The Living Status And Needs of Married Female Immigrants in Jeonju City-. Journal of the Korean Housing Association, 23(3), 29-42. https://doi.org/10.6107/JKHA.2012.23.3.029
- Jeong, G. S. (2009). Developing child-friendly planning guidelines for spatial environments of residential community, Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Kim, E. S. & Lee, J. W. & Park, J. A., & Cho, H. J. (2014). A Study on the operational models Improvement of small child care and care facilities in rural. Seoul: Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.
- Kim, H. & Sim, M. S. (2015). Social Welfare Practice from the Perspective of Social Ecology in Rural Areas Focusing on the Case of the 'Yeo-min-dong-nak Community'. Korea District Social Welfare, 52, 29-50.
- Kim, J. Y. & Kwon, O. J., & Lee, Y. S.(2002). The study of safety design guide-line for children in housing. Journal of the Architectural Institute (Planning Section), 22(1), 7-10.
- Lee, Y. J. & Lee, J.W. & Kim, M.J. & Hwang, E.S. (2010). Household type of child care support policy measures required(a report of research No. 2010-03). Seoul: Childcare Policy Institute.
- Lee, Y. S. & Park, J. Y. (2015). A Field Study of Toronto Birth Centrein the Perspective of a Public Service Strategy Coping with Low Birth-rate. Journal of the Korean Housing Association, 26(1), 31-41. https://doi.org/10.6107/JKHA.2015.26.1.031
- Lee, Y. S. (1998). Environmental Psychology & Behavior. Seoul: Yonsei University Press.
- Lim, Y. J. & Lee, Y. S. (2012). Trend of Contemporary Child-care Environment. Design Convergence Study, 36(1), 191-211.
- Lee, S. S. (2005). The cause of low birth rate and comprehensive measures study(a report of research No. 2005-30-2). Seoul: Low fertility and aging society Committee.
- Park, H. A., & Park, Y. H. (2001). A Study on the Change of the dwelling space according to the Growth of Children. Journal of the Korean Housing Association, 12(4), 43-52.
- Seoul City. (2012). Community Safety tutorials. Seoul, Author.
- Yeongwol-Gun. (2013). Research Report on storytelling marketing strategy for activating the riverside pond. Gangwon-do Yeongwol, Author.
- Yoon, E. J. (2010). A detailed case study of childbirth support housing policy and childcare service management in japan. Seoul: Korea Research Institute for Human Settlements.
- Yu, J. G. & Yu, G. J. (1998). A Study on the Space Usage Patterns and the Perception of Dwelling Space in the Apartment Housing, Journal of the Architectural Institute (Planning Section), 14(11), 69-79.
- An Analysis on the Change of Behavioral Affordance of the Livingroom in a Residence Depending on the Child’s Developmental Stage : Focused on Double-Income Families with One Child Residing in Apartment Housing in Seoul vol.27, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6107/JKHA.2016.27.2.021
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 국토교통부