- Volume 26 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Pilot Study on Characterization of Patients with Low Back Pain: Multi-center, Prospective, Observation Study
요통 환자의 특성 조사 예비 연구: 다기관, 전향적, 관찰연구
- Park, Chang-Hyun ;
- Jang, Bo-Hyoung ;
- Ko, You-Me ;
- Park, Dong-Su ;
- Kim, Soon-Joong ;
- Park, Won-Hyung ;
- Cha, Yun-Yeop ;
- Ko, Seong-Gyu ;
- Song, Yun-Kyung
- Received : 2016.04.12
- Accepted : 2016.04.15
- Published : 2016.04.30
Objectives The aim of this study done as pilot study is to analyze the current state of patients who have low back pain through registry. Methods This study is done under approval of Gil Oriental Medical Hospital of Gachon University, Oriental Medical Hospital of Sangji University, Jecheon Oriental Medical Hospital of Se-Myung University IRB. Among subjects who signed the consent form by their own will, we decided whom to register as subjects of this study by the standard of selection and exception. We collected the sociological investigation, character of low pack pain, degree of symptom which they felt before and after the hospitalization from registered subjects. Results 1. The number of the subjects is 16. The average age is 41.0. 9 of them are female, 7 of them are male. Most of the subjects have history illness which has connection with low pack pain. 2. According to the patient's free description of the back pain, 6 of them suffered throbbing pain. And 8 of the patients have chronic pain, 6 of them have intermittent pain of back pain analysing the character of the low back pain. They answered the pain lasted for 47.6 minutes on average. 3. About the change on the average R.O.M. of L-spine, R.O.M. of Lateral bending, Extension, Flexion, Rotation has increased after leaving the hospital compared with before hospitalization. 4. The amount of discomfort or strength of pain, which was checked by VAS on the day of leaving the hospital, has decreased than they were before the hospitalization. And there was the improvement on the dysfunction score and EQ-5D. Conclusions Through this study, we specifically analyzed the symptoms of the low back pain by accumulating the analysis about the symptoms using several indicators and description which is freely spoken by patients about their symptoms. Further research is expected to complete multi-center registry by building registry and by using it, to get various epidemiologic informations about low back pain.
Registry;Low back pain;Characterization
- Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society Text-book Compilation Committee. The acupuncture and moxibustion medicine. Seoul : Jipmoondang. 2012:506.
- Han TR, Bang MS. Rehabilitation Medicine. Seoul : Koonjachulpansa. 2011:761-2. 770-6, 341-2.
- Korea Health Industry Development Institute. 2014 Korean Medical Utilization & Korean Medicine Consumption Survey. 2014:149, 178.
- Jeong SY, Park ZW, Shin JM, Kim JY, Youn IY. The Comparative Study of Effectiveness between Acupuncture and its Cotreatment with Calculus Bovis.Fel Ursi.Moschus Pharmacopuncture on the Treatment of Acute Low Back Pain. The J of Korean Acupucture & Moxibustion Society. 2011;28(4):105-10.
- LEE GI, Park DS, Kim GS. A Study on wind stroke, impediment disease, heart pain, side pain, headache, abdominal pain, lumbago in the "Byun Jeung Rok(辨證 錄)". The J of Korean Institute of Oriental Medical Informatics. 2010;16(2):89-161.
- Ahn JH, Lee MJ. The Analysis of Prescription Used for Low Back Pain in the Yomun (腰門) Chapter of Donguibogam "東醫寶鑑". J of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2005;15(1):77-87.
- Park OJ, Yim JH. A Clinical Study of Lumbago patients on the Effect of Oriental Medicine Treatment with Dokhwalgisaeng-tang (Duhuojisheng-tang) Gamibang. The J of Korean Acupucture & Moxibustion Society. 2011;28(6):177-84.
- Lee JY, Park SH, Han SY, Park JY, Lee HJ. A Case-control Study of The Effect of Cotreatment with Sinseon Moxibustion on Low Back Pain of HIVD Patients. The J of Korean Acupucture & Moxibustion Society. 2011;28(4):77-83.
- Kim TH, Park WH, Cha YY. Comparative Study of Effects on Bee Venom Pharmacopuncture and Ouhyul Herbal Acpuncture in Low Back Pain Caused by Traffic Accident. J of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2012;22(2):177-84.
- Ha YS, Lee JS, Kim SS, Lee BH. The Effect of Sling Exercise Therapy and Motor Control Exercise on Pain, ADL Performance and Trunk Muscle Strength in Patients with Chronic Low Back Pin. J of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2012;22(3):151-62.
- Kim JH, Nam DW, Kang JW, Kim EJ, Kim EJ, Kim KS, Kang SK, Lee JD. A review of clinical trials for development of assessment criteria for chronic low back pain. The J of Korean Acupunture & Moxibustion Society. 2009;26(6):215-24.
- Kim DH, Shin WS, Lee JW, Park WH, Cha YY, Ko YS, Lee JH, Chung WS, Shin BC, Song YK, Go HY, Sun SH, Jeon CY, Jang BH, Ko SG. A Review of Questionnaire for the Clinical Trials on Chronic Low Back Pain. J of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2013;23(4):95-115.
- Kim MW, Go YS, Lee JH, Chung WS, Shin BC, Cha YY, Go HY, Sun SH, Jeon CY, Jang BH, Song YK, Ko SG. The Analysis of Pattern Identification of Low Back Pain, Which is Used in Thesis both in Korea and China. J of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2013;23(2):85-94.
- Cha YY, Go YS, Lee JH, Jung WS, Shin BC, Jeon CY, Go HY, Sun SH, Jang BH, Song YK, Go SG. The Trends of Korean Medical Study on Stress in the Industrial Worker. J of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2013;23(2):117-28.
- Beghi E, Logtoscino G, Chio A, Hardiman O, Mitchell D, Swinger R. The epidemiology of ASL and the role of population based registries. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1762:1150-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbadis.2006.09.008
- Heo KH, Hwang EH, CHo HW, Lee I, Hong JW, Shin YI, Kim SY, Shin BC. An Analysis of the Effeciveness of Stroke between East-West Integrative Medicine Hospital and Western Medicine Hospital by the Data of Brain Rehabilitation Registry. J of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2013;23(3):117-24.
- Wagner DR, Tatsugawa K, Parker D, Young TA. Reliability and utility of a visual analog scale for the assessment of acute mountain sickness. High Alt Med Biol. 2007;8(1):27-31. https://doi.org/10.1089/ham.2006.0814
- Fairbank JC, Couper J, Davies JB, O’Brien JP. The Oswetry low back pain disability questionnaire. Physiotherapy. 1980;66(8):271-3.
- EuroQol Group. EuroQol-a new facility for the measurement of health-related quality of life. The Health Policy. 1990;16(3):199-208. https://doi.org/10.1016/0168-8510(90)90421-9
- Kim JG, Gwon LS. Measurement of Quality of Life related to Health by demographic characteristics of adult patients with cancer using EQ-5D Index-Focused on the Korea Health&Nutrition Examination Survey-. J Digital Policy & Management. 2013;11(8):281-91.
- Jo MW, Lee SI, Ki SR, Lee JH, Kang WC, Sohn HS, Yoo CI. Measuring Health Related Quality of Life of General Population in One Metropolitan city using EQ-5D. J Health Policy & Administration. 2008;18(3):18-40. https://doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2008.18.3.018
- Sherbourne CD. The MOS 36-item short-term health survey(SF-36): I Conceptual framework and item selection. Med Care. 1992;30(6):473-83. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005650-199206000-00002
- Koh SB. Chang SJ, Kang MG. Reliability and validity on measurement instrument for health status assessment in occupational workers. Korean J Prev Med. 1997;30(2):251-65.
- Jo BR, Jo HG, Kim JS. Management of Low Back Pain in Primary Care. J of the Korean Academy of Family Medicine. 2000;21(5):586-99.
- Park HS, Lee SY. The Clinical Study on the Efficacy of the Dong-Si Acupuncture Treatment.. The J of Korean Acupucture & Moxibustion Society. 1997;14(2):15-34.
- Gasma A. The role of psychological factors in chronic pain. Pain. 1994;57(1):5-15. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-3959(94)90103-1
- The Korean Orthopaedic Association. Orthopaedics, the 6th edition. Seoul : ChoesinEuihaksa. 2006:617-21, 623-5.
- Beghi E, Chio A, Couratier P, Esteban J, Hardiman O, Logroscino G. The epidemiology and treatment of ALS: focus on the heterogeneity of the disease and critical appraisal of therapeutic trials. Amoyotroph Lateral Scler. 2011;12:1-10.
- Sohn EH, Kim BJ, Kim JK, Bae JS, Baek WK, Suh BC, Sung JJ, Ahn SW, Cho JY, Hong YH. Establishnment and Perspective of the Korean ALS Registry. Korean J Clin Neurophysiol. 2011;13(2):71-9.
- Jung WS, Sun JJ, Jung JJ, Moon SK, CHo KH, Ko SG, Chen CY, Han CH. Analysis of 363 consecutive Patients with Acute Ischemic Stroki from the Hanbang Stroke Registry. J Korean Oriental Med. 2007;28(1):35-41.
- Hong JW, Jung WS, Sun JJ, Jung JJ, Moon SK, Cho KH, Ko SG, Chen CY, Han CH. Analysis of Acute Ischemic Stroke Patients about Awareness of Hypertenstion, Diabetes Mellitus and Hyperlipidemia: Three Oriental Medical Centers-Based Prospective Registration Study. Korean J. Oriental. Int. Med. 2007;28(2):284-93.
- Shin HK, Cho KS. Study on the present state of cancer patients based on charts of Oriental Medicine institutions. J of Korean Oriental Oncology. 2003;9(1):39-46.
Supported by : 보건복지부