- Volume 6 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Temple-stay Experienced Tourism Motivation of Participation and Choice Factors on Satisfaction and Revisit Intention
템플스테이 체험관광 참가동기와 선택요인이 만족 및 재방문의도에 미치는 영향
Yoon, Sun Y.
- Received : 2016.03.01
- Accepted : 2016.04.20
- Published : 2016.04.30
The purpose of this study is to identify the influential relationship of temple-stay experience tourism motivation of participation and choice factors on satisfaction and revisit intention as the temple=stay is one of the korea's leading cultural heritage tourism products. In order to achieve the research objective data was collected from 227 participants. Then the data and hypotheses were examined using multiple regression analysis and simple regression analysish using SPSS 18.0. The result of this study is as follows. First, temple-stay experience tourism motivation of participation had a significantly influential relationship with satisfaction. Second, temple-stay choice factor had a significantly influential relationship with satisfaction. Finally, experience tourism satisfaction had a significantly influential relationship with revisit intention. For future research, a variety of new domestic and foreign tourism products in South Korea for cultural experience of depth and detailed study will need to be performed. Also, korean government and temple in more interest in temple-stay promotion program and marketing strategies using korea cultural image such as special experience in traditional korean life.
Temple-stay;Motivation;Choice Factor;Satisfaction;Revisit Intention
- Ahn H Y., Lee Y. H., Park D. H. (2012), The Effects of Temple-stay Experienced Tourism Satisfaction, Suggestion and Revisit Intention, International Journal of Tourism Science, 36(9), 73-91
- Baker, D. A., and J. L. Crompton (2000), Quality satisfaction and behavioral intentions.. Analysis of Tourism Research, 27(3), 785-804 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0160-7383(99)00108-5
- Chi, C. Q., & Qu, H. (2008), Examining the structural relationships of destination image tourist satisfaction and loyalty: An integrated approach Tourism Management, 29(4), 624-636 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2007.06.007
- Cho J. S. (2005). The architectural environment of Temple-stay Temples, 11, 32-50
- Chun B. G., Kim M. J(2011). Antecedents of Temple-stay Satisfaction -The Mediating Role of Emotions, Journal of Korea Academic Society of Tourism Management, 27(4), 411-433
- Chun B. Gil., Chung Y. Jo. (2011). Qualitative Articles: Temple-stay Experiences and Effects: A Qualitative Study, International Journal of Tourism Science, 35(10), 73-96
- Chun J. G., Chun C. H., Hyun J. H. (2010). A Comparative Study on Temple-stay Participants' Motivation and Satisfaction: Focus on Domestic Visitors and Foreign Visitors, Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 12(2), 1053-1065
- Chun W. B., Hwang B. Ch. (2004). The Effect of Tourists' Satisfaction with Tourism Destination on Revisit, Tourism Research, 18, 23-39
- Choi Y. S. (2008) A Relational analysis on eating out Motives, using Behavior and Choice attributes of Family restaurant, a Master Degree of Kyoung Won University.
- Choi Y. H. (2008). The Effect of Attributes in Selection of Tourist Destination on the Level of Satisfaction of Tourists and the intent to Revisit: Comparison by type and nationality of tourists, a Doctoral Degree of Kyonggi University.
- Cultural Corps of Korean Buddhism, (2012, 2015), A Study on Activation of Temple-stay.
- Eggert and Ulaga (2002), Customer-perceived value : A substitute for satisfaction in business markets", Journal of business & industrial marketing, 17(2/3), 107-118 https://doi.org/10.1108/08858620210419754
- Fornell, C. and Larcker, D. F (1981). Evaluating structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error. Journal of Marketing Research, 18(1), 39-50 https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- Heo G. J. (2004). The Study of rearing traditional accomodations: Korean traditional houses and temples, Korea Culture & Tourism Institute.
- Hong K. P. (2005). The Task for Landscape Experience of Temple-stay, The Study of Buddhist architecture, 11, 5-32
- Jang B. Joo., Lim S. K., Kim K. Y. (2012). The effect of tourists' wellness on life satisfaction, leisure satisfaction, quality of life, Focus on social and emotional wellness of tourists of Phohang city, 52, 326-339
- Jang. S and Feng, R.(2007), Temporal destination revisit intention: The effects of novelty seeking and satisfaction. Tourism Management, 28(2), 580-590 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2006.04.024
- Jin Y. J. (2010). Participant's Motivation, Preference and Satisfaction on Temple-stay and Searching for Strategies to link Programs between Ecology Oriented Temple-stay and Rural Tourism, Journal of Korea Academic Society of Tourism Management,25(4), 353-376
- Jun J. H., Bang J. S., Choi T. H. (2006). A Study on the wine consumer Satisfaction of wine Selecting attributes, Korean Journal of Culinary Research, 12(2), 88-105
- J K. (2005). To make a resting place for visitors and participants of Temple-stay, The Study of Buddhist landscape Architecture, 11, 87-97
- Kang M. G. (2011). A Study on the Strategy of Marketing Communication in Non Profit Organization, a Master's Degree of Dong Kuk University.
- Kim K. H. (2011). The Effects of Island Tourism Destination on Experiences Quality, Perceived value, Customer Satisfaction, Customer Defection and Revisit Intention, Korea Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, 35(9) 297-318
- Kim G. Ch.(2005). A Study on the Space composition for Temple-stay, The Study of Buddhist landscape Architecture, 11, 67-86
- Kim Y. H. (2007). A Study on Developing Temple stay as Traditional Culture Contents, A Journal of Welfare & Administration, An Yang University, 23
- Kim C. W., Yoon H. J. (2008). Identifying Templestay as an Alternative Tourism, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, 10(2), 130-148
- Ko H. S. (2005). A Study on Market Segmentation on Gyeong-ju Silla Cultural Festival According to Participating Motivation & Benefit Sought, The Journal of Korea Academic Society of Tourism Management, 20(2) 1-18
- Kotler. P, Bowen. J. and Makens. J (1996), Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism, Prentice-Hall Inc.
- Lee J. J. (2003). A frame Study of Participants' Motivation in Local Festival: Focus in 6 Factors of Participants' Motivation, a doctoral degree of Jeon Nam University.
- Lee J.J., Yoon J. H. (2012). Effects of Involvement and Temple Stay Satisfaction Factors on Behavior Intension, Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 12(10), 466-479
- Lee S. J. (2012). Effect of Geo-tourism Motivation & Service Quality on Satisfaction & Behavioral Intension: Focus on Jeju Global Geopark, a master's degree of Kyonggi University.
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, 2011
- Moutinho. L.(1987). Consumer Behaviour in Tourism. European. Journal of Marketing, 2(10), 4-5
- No. K S. (2014) SPSS and AMOS 21, Seoul, Hanbit Academy.
- Oliver, R. L. (1993), Cognitive, Affective, and Attribute Based of the Satisfaction Response, Journal of Consumer Research, 20(3), 418-430 https://doi.org/10.1086/209358
- Pearce, Philip L(1988). The Ulysses Factor : Evaluating Visitors in Tourist Settings. New York, Springer Verlag.
- Shin H. K., Shin H. C. (2011). Activation Programs of Temple stay for Low Carbon Green Growth, Journal of Korea Contents Society, 11(8), 438-447
- Shim W. S., Kim J. Y. (2011). A Comparative Study on Participation Motivation and Experience Satisfaction on Temple-stay among Korean and Foreigners, International Journal of Tourism Science, 35(7), 343-366
- Son E Mi. (2015). A Study on the Market Segmentation for Potential Healing Tourists based on the Preferences of Temple-stay Programs and Experience, Journal of Tourism and Leisure Research, 27(4), 127-147
- Um S., Chon K., Ro Y.(2006), Antecedents of revisit intention, Annals of Tourism Research, 33(4), 1141-1158 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annals.2006.06.003
- Yeon H. K. (2008). A Study on Temple stay Program Model based on the Ecology of Buddhism: for Elementary School Students, a master's degree of Dong Kook University.
- Yeom M. H., Choi S. K., Kim S. Y. (2013). A Study on the Improvement of Temple-stay Environment to Attract Foreign Tourists: Focused on Jeollabuk-do Province, 9(1), 19-41
- Zabkar, V., Brencic M, M., and Dmitrovic, T.(2010). Modelling perceived quality, visitor satisfaction and behavioral intentions at destination level. Tourism Management, 31(4), 537-546 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2009.06.005