- Volume 6 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Relationships of CEO's Transformational Leadership on Members' Innovative Behaviors & Members' Organizational Citizenship in the ICT Industry: Moderating Effect of CSR Management
정보통신기술산업 CEO의 변혁적 리더십과 구성원의 혁신 및 조직시민행동의 관계: CSR 조절효과
- Received : 2016.02.16
- Accepted : 2016.04.25
- Published : 2016.04.30
This empirical study attempted to investigate the effects of the CEO's transformational leadership on the organizational members' innovative behavior/organizational citizenship behavior, CSR and employees' acceptance of organizational change in the ICT industry. For this study, we conducted an online survey with the employees of businesses that belonged to the ICT industries and received 417 valid responses. The analysis results by SPSS & AMOS are as follows. CEO's transformational leadership had a significantly positive impact on the members' self-efficacy. The members' self-efficacy not only had a positive impact on their own innovative behavior/organizational citizenship behavior, but also had a mediating effects in the relationship between CEO's transformational leadership and the members's innovative behavior/organizational citizenship behavior. Also corporate social responsibility management had a moderating roles in the relationship between CEO's transformational leadership and the members' self-efficacy.
ICT Industry;Transformational Leadership;Self-Efficacy;Innovative Behavior;Organizational Citizenship Behavior
- Yoon, Yu S. (2011), A Study on the Effects ofLeadership Types of Middle Manager onOrganization Performance: A Focus on IT Corporation, M.S. dissertation, Yonsei University.
- Abbas, J. I. G., Waheed, A., and Riaz, M. N. (2012), Relationship between Transformational Leadership Style and Innovative Work Behavior in Educational Institutions, Journal of Behavioural Sciences, 22(3), 18-32.
- Afsar, B., Badir, Y. F., and Saeed, B. B. (2014), Transformational Leadership and Innovative Work Behavior, Industrial Management & Data Systems, 114(8), 1270-1300. https://doi.org/10.1108/IMDS-05-2014-0152
- Aggarwal. J., and Krishnan, V. R. (2013), Impact of Transformational Leadership on Follower's Self-Efficacy: Moderating Role of Follower's Impression Management, Management and Labour Studies, 38(4), 297-313. https://doi.org/10.1177/0258042X13513129
- Akpotu, C., and Tamunosiki-Amadi, J. (2013), Transformational Leadership and Knowledge Sharing in ICT Based Organizations in Nigeria, International Journal of Business and Social Science, 4(12), 100-106.
- Armenakis, A. A., Harris, S. G., and Mossholder, K. W. (1993), Creating Readiness for Organizational Change, Human Relations, 46, 681-703.4(12), 100-106. https://doi.org/10.1177/001872679304600601
- Avolio, B. J., and Gibbons, T. C. (1988). Developing Transformational Leader: A Life Span Approach, in J. A. Conger, R. N. Kanungo & Association(Eds.), Charismatic leadership: The Elusive Factor in Organizational Effectiveness, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Bandura, A. (1977). Self-Efficacy: Toward a Unifying Theory of Behavioral Change, Psychological Review, 84(2), 191-215. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.84.2.191
- Bass, B. M. (1985). Leadership and Performance Beyond Expectations, New York: Free Press.
- Bass, B. M., and Avolio, B. J. (1990), Transformational Leadership Development: Manual for the Multifactor Leadership Questionnaire, Palo Alto, CA: Consulting Psychologist.
- Bateman, T. S., and Organ, D. W. (1983). Job Satisfaction and The Good Solider: The Relationship between Affect and Employee Citizenship, Academy of Management Journal, 26(4), 587-595. https://doi.org/10.2307/255908
- Bandura, A., and Wood, R. (1989). Effects of Perceived Controllability and Performance Standards on Self-Regulation of Complex Decision Making, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 56(5), 805-814. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2065
- Burns, J.M.(1978). Leadership, New York, Harper& Row.
- Cha, Ji E. (2013), A Study on the Effects of Transformational Leadership and Self-Efficacy of Employees on Organizational Effectiveness, M.S. dissertation, Hanyang University.
- Chang, Lui. (2014), The Effect of Corporate Responsibility on Members' Organizational Commitment, M.S. dissertation, Kyunghee University.
- Choi, Hee W. (2012), The Impact of Transformational Leadership Components and CEO Ownership on CSR, Ph.D. dissertation, Sungkyukwan University.
- Cochran, J. K., Bromley, M. L., and Swando, M. J. (2002), Sheriff's Deputies' Receptivity to Organizational Change, An International Journal of Police Strategies Management, 25(3), 507-529. https://doi.org/10.1108/13639510210437014
- Dussault, M. (2006). Teachers' Self-Efficacy and Organizational Citizenship Behaviors, Psychological Reports, 98(2), 427-432. https://doi.org/10.2466/pr0.98.2.427-432
- Gagné, M., Koestner, R., and Zuckerman, M. (2000). Facilitating Acceptance of Organizational Change: The Importance of Self-Determination, Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 30(9), 1843-1852. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1559-1816.2000.tb02471.x
- Gong, Y, Huang, T. C., and Farh, T. L. (2009), Employee Learning Orientation, Transformational Leadership, and Employee Creativity: The Mediating Role of Employee Creative Self-Efficacy, The Academy of Management Journal, 52(4), 765-778. https://doi.org/10.5465/AMJ.2009.43670890
- Groves, K. S., and LaRocca, M. A. (2012), Does Transformational Leadership Facilitate Follower Beliefs in Corporate Social Responsibility: A Field Study of Leader Personal Values and Follower Outcomes, Journal of Leadership & Organizational Studies, 19(2), 215-229. https://doi.org/10.1177/1548051811433852
- Hashmi, M. S., and Irshad, R. (2014), How Transformational Leadership is Related to Organizational Citizenship Behavior: The Mediating Role of Emotional Intelligence, Pakistan Journal of Commerce and Social Sciences, 8(2), 413-425.
- Hellriegel, D., Slocumm, J. W., and Woodman, R. W. (1998). Organizational Behavior, 8th Edition, Ohio: South-Western College Publishing.
- House, R. J., and Shamir, B. (1993), Toward the Integration of Transformation, Charismatic and Visionary Theories of Leadership, in M. Chermers & M. Ayman(Eds.), Leadership Theory and Research: Perspectives and Directions, San Diego, CA: Academic Press.
- Howell, J. M., and Avolio, B.J.(1993). Transformational Leadership, Transactional Leadership, Locus of Control and Support for Innovation: Key Predictors of Consolidated Business-Unit Performance. Journal of Applied Psychology, 78(6), 891-902. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.78.6.891
- Hsiao, H. C., Tu, Y. L., Chang, J. C., and Chen, S. C. (2011). The Influence of Teachers' Self-Efficacy on Innovative Work Behavior, International Conference on Social Science and Humanity, 5(1), 233-237.
- Hsu, M. L. A., Hou, S. T., and Fan, H. L. (2011), Creative Self-Efficacy and Innovative Behavior in a Service Setting: Optimism as a Moderator, Journal of Creative Behavior, 45(4), 258-272. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2162-6057.2011.tb01430.x
- Iverson, R. D. (1996), Employee Acceptance of Organizational Change: the Role of Organizational Commitment, The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 7(1), 122-149. https://doi.org/10.1080/09585199600000121
- Jacobs, C., Pfaff, H., Lehner, B., Driller, E., Nitzsche, A., Stieler-Lorenz, B., Wasem, J., and Jung, J. (2013), The Influence of Transformational Leadership on Employee Well-Being: Results From a Survey of Companies in the Information and Communication Technology Sector in Germany, Journal of Occupational & Environmental Medicine, 55(7), 772-778. https://doi.org/10.1097/JOM.0b013e3182972ee5
- Jeon, Sang W. (2010), A Study on the Relationship between the Self-Efficacy and Job Satisfaction of Social Workers in Gyunggi Province, M.S. dissertation, Kangnam University.
- Jo, Nam Y., Lee, Dae S., and Lee, Kun C. (2011), An Empirical Analysis of Leadership Styles and Their Impact on Creativity: Emphasis on Korean ICT Companies, U- and E-Service, Science and Technology Communications in Computer and Information Science, 264, 187-196. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-27210-3_23
- Judge, T. A., and Piccolo, R. F. (2004), Transformational and Transactional Leadership: A Meta-Analytic Test of Their Relative Validity. Journal of Applied Psychology, 89(5), 755-768. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.89.5.755
- Judge, T. A., Thoresen, C. J., Pucik, V., and Welbourne, T. M. (1999), Managerial Coping With Organizational Change: A Dispositional Perspective, Journal of Applied Psychology, 84(1), 107-122. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.84.1.107
- Jung, Hyun W., Jeong Ki Y., and Ryu, Tae M.(2012), The Effects of Transformational Leadership on Innovative Behavior in the Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises. Journal of Human Resource Management Research, 22(1), 199-212. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1748-8583.2010.00156.x
- Jung, Yong R. (2014), An Impact of Transformational Leadership and Social Responsibility on Organizational Commitment and Organizational Citizenship Behavior in Hotel Enterprises, Ph.D. dissertation, Soon ChunHyang University.
- Kang, Jong Y and Kim, Il P.(2012), A Study on the Influences of Total Quality Management on Acceptance of Organizational Change and Innovation Performance, Korean Journal of Business Administration 25(3), 1793-1813.
- Kanter, R. E. (1988). When a Thousand Flowers Bloom: Structural, Collective, and Social Conditions for Innovation in Organization. Organization Behavior, 10, 169-211.
- Keller, R.T.(1992), Transformational Leadership and the Performance of Research and Development Project Groups, Journal of Management, 18(3), 489-501.
- Kim, Chang J. (2014), Effect of Transformational Leadership on Passion, Innovative Behavior and Organizational Citizenship Behavior, Journal of the Korean Contents Association, 14(11), 871-882. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.11.871
- Kim, Hae Y. and Lee, Hyung T.(2011), Effects of CSR Fit on CSR Associations, Korean Management Review, 39(4), 881-905.
- Kim, Sun M. (2012), Moderating Effects of Transformational Leadership on the Relationship between Organizational Learning and Acceptance of Change of Large Firms' Employees in Korea, M.S. dissertation, Seoul National University.
- Kim, Yong J., and Kim, Jong W. (2011), The Influence of Leadership on OCB and Organizational Commitment through Self-Efficacy in Organizational Members, The Korean Journal of Human Resource Development, 11(2), 1-23. 14(11), 871-882.
- Lee, Bon S. (2006), The Influence of Employee's Psychological Ownership on Job Performance, Responsibility and Acceptance to Organizational Change, Ph.D. dissertation, Sogang University.
- Lee, Hak J., & Park, Hun J.(2004). Organizational Behavior, Bobmoonsa.
- Lee, K., and Allen, N. J. (2002), Organizational Citizenship Behavior and Workplace Deviance: The Role of Affect and Cognitions, Journal of Applied Psychology, 87(1), 131-142. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.87.1.131
- Lee, Sang H. and Chun, Chang D. (2015), The Mediating Effects of Self-Efficacy on the Relationship between Transformational Leadership and Job Performance, Journal of Korea Contents Association, 15(1), 427-436.
- Lee, Yoo L.(2012). The Internal Marketing Effects of Corporate Social Responsibility, Ph.D. dissertation, Sookmyung University.
- Lim, Jun C., and Yoon, Jeong K. (1999), The Effects of Supervisors's Transformational and Transactional Leadership on Subordinates' Innovativeness: The Role of Self-Efficacy as a Mediator, Korean Journal of Management, 7(1), 1-42,
- Lopez, M., Enache, M., Sallan, J. M., and Simo, P. (2013), Transformational Leadership as an Antecedent of Change-Oriented Organizational Citizenship Behavior, Journal of Business Research, 66(10), 2147-2152. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2013.02.041
- Lowe, K. B., Kroeck, K. G., and Sivasubramaniam, N. (1996), Effectiveness Correlates of Transformational and Transactional Leadership: A Meta-Analytic Review of the MLQ Literature, Leadership Quarterly, 7(3), 385-425. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1048-9843(96)90027-2
- Moon, Ja Y.(2011). Determinants of Coping With Organizational Change of Public Enterprise, M.S. dissertation, Ehwa Woman University.
- Miller, V. D., Johnson, J. R., and Grau, J. (1994). Antecedents to Willingness to Participate in a Planned Organizational Change, Journal of Applied Communication Research, 22(1), 59-80. https://doi.org/10.1080/00909889409365387
- Organ, D. W. (1988). Organizational Citizenship Behavior: The Good Solider Syndrome, Lexington, MA: Lexington Books.
- Peterson, C., and Stunkard, A. J. (1992). Cognates of Personal Control: Locus of Control, Self-Efficacy and Explanatory Style, Applied and Preventive Psychology, 1(2), 111-117. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0962-1849(05)80151-9
- Podsakoff, P. M., MacKenzie, S. B., Moorman, R. H., and Fetter, R. (1990). Transformational Leader Behaviors and Their Effects on Followers' Trust in Leader, Satisfaction, and Organizational Citizenship Behaviors, The Leadership Quarterly, 1(2), 107-142. https://doi.org/10.1016/1048-9843(90)90009-7
- Qiao, Xian. (2011). A Study in the Effects of Self-Efficacy on Innovative Behavior, M.S.dissertation, Kyungpook National University.
- Rahman, U., Sulaiman, W. S., Nasir, R. and Omar, F. (2014). The Role of Job Satisfaction as Mediator in the Relationship between Self-Efficacy and Organizational Citizenship Behavior among Indonesian Teachers, International Journal of Business and Social Science, 5(9), 255-261.
- Rogers, J.K.(1995). Just a Temp, Work and Occupations, 22, 137-168. https://doi.org/10.1177/0730888495022002002
- Shahin, A., and Zairi, M. (2007). Corporate Governance as a Critical Element for Driving Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility, International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, 24(7), 753-770. https://doi.org/10.1108/02656710710774719
- Scott, S. G., and Bruce, R. A. (1994), Determinants of Innovative Behavior: A Path Model of Individual Innovation in the Workplace, Academy of Management Journal, 37(3), 580-607. https://doi.org/10.2307/256701
- Shahidi, N., Shamsnia, S. A., and Baezat, S. (2015), Studying the Relationship between Self-Efficacy and Organizational Citizenship Behavior, International Research Journal of Applied and Basic Sciences, 9(9), 1499-1503.
- Smith, C. A., Organ, D. W., and Near, J. P. (1983), Organizational Citizenship Behavior: It's Nature and Antecedents, Journal of Applied Psychology, 68(4), 653-663. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.68.4.653
- Susanto, B. S. (2015), The Effect of Self-Efficacy to Organizational Citizenship Behavior at the XL Axiata Jakarta, Journal Studia Akuntansi dan Bisnis, 2(1), 79-94.
- Thuijsman (2015), Leadership Styles and Their Influence on Employees Regarding the Acceptance of Organizational Change, 5th IBA Bachelor Thesis Conference, July 2nd, 2015, Enschede, The Netherlands.
- Veríssimo, J., and Lacerda, T. (2015), Does Integrity Matter for CSR Practice in Organizations? The Mediating Role of Transformational Leadership, Business Ethics: A European Review, 24(1), 34-51. https://doi.org/10.1111/beer.12065
- Wanberg, C. R., and Banas, J. T. (2000), Predictors and Outcomes of Openness to Changes in a Reorganizing Workplace, Journal of Applied Psychology, 85(1), 132-142. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.85.1.132
- Williams, L. J., and Anderson, S. E. (1991), Job Satisfaction and Organizational Citizenship Behaviors Relationships, Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 21, 1490-1501. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1559-1816.1991.tb00483.x
- Woo, Seung B. (2015), The Effects of Union Satisfaction and Union Trust on the OCBs, Organizational Commitment and Union Commitment: The Moderating Effects of Cooperative Union-Management Relationship, Ph.D. dissertation, Soongsil Universiy.
- Yoo, Young S. (2009), A Study on the Influence of Transformational leadership on the Performance: Focusing on the Mediating Effects of Self-Efficacy and Empowerment, Ph.D. dissertation, Chonnam National University.