- Volume 16 Issue 2
In the 21st century, Korea had radical economic development with accelerating urban sprawl, and following declination with social polarization. City declination makes socially vulnerable people unstable and increase homelessness. The projects revitalizing decayed area utilize local idle spaces to build new facility with creative supportive programs. The purpose of this study is to analyze inclusive characteristics of a supportive housing 'The Brook'. A field visit walk through observation and in-depth interview were utilized as research methods. The information of a representative supportive housing field will promote understanding the concept, and create base for further research. As results, state and knowhow of information concerning housing first policy, active government investment, space planning, management, social integration, service providing, architecture and so on offered to facilitate inclusive insights. In conclusion, the characteristics of supportive housing were realistically analyzed through a field research. This research is significant to introduce initially the effective supportive housing which has been practiced for 30 years in USA to that needs alternatives for the socially vulnerable in Korea.
- Busch-Geertsema (2013). "Housing First, Final Report", European Commission
- CSH (2011). "Ending Homelessness among Older Adults and Elders through Permanent Supporttive Housing", Revised Policy Paper Prepared for the National Leadership Initiative to End Elder Homelessness
- CSH (2014). "Housing is the Best Medicine: Supportive Housing and the Social Determinants of Health"
- Downtown Emergency Service Center (2007). "Housing First Principles"
- HUD (2007). "The Applicability of Housing First Models to Homeless Persons with Serious Mental Illness", Final Report
- HUD Exchange (2014), "The McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act As Amended by S.896 HEARTH Act of 2009"
- HUD-VASH (2014), "HUD-VASH Resource Guide for Permanent Housing and Clinical Care"
- Mary E. Larimer, Daniel K. Malone, Michelle D. Garner, David C. Atkins, Bonnie Burlingham, Heather S. Lonczak, Kenneth Tanzer, Joshua Ginzler, Seema L. Clifasefi, William G. Hobson, G. Alan Marlatt (2009). "Health Care and Public Service Use and Costs Before and After Provision of Housing for Chronically Homeless Persons with Severe Alcohol Problems", Journal of American Medical Association, 301(13), pp.1349-1357 https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2009.414
- Lewin Group (2004). "CSH Chart Book Report"
- National Alliance to End Homelessness (2007). "Supportive Housing is Cost Effective" Brief
- Yeun-Sook Lee, Ji-Yeong Ko, Hyun-Jung Kim (2014). "A Study on the Potential Value of Supportive Housing as an Alternative Housing for Urban Housing Vulnerable People", Urban Design Institute of Korea, Proceeding of Spring Annual Conference of UDIK
- Yeunsook Lee, Jaehyun Park (2015). "A Field Study of Supportive Housing 'The Christopher' in New York, USA", Journal of the Korean Housing Association, 26(1), pp.19-30
- Jae-Hyun Park, Yeun-Sook Lee, Ting Qi (2014) "A Field Visit Case Study of a Supportive Housing 'The Brook' in New York, USA", The Korean Housing Association, Proceeding of Autumn Annual Conference of KHA, 26(2)
- Common Ground (2015): http://www.commonground.org
- Community Solutions (2015): http://cmtysolutions.org/
- LEED Korea Institute (2015): http://www.leedkorea.or.kr
- Pathways to Housing (2014): http://pathwaystohousing.org
- Supportive Housing Network New York (2015): http://www.shnny.org
- Wikipedia, "Housing First" (2014): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Housing_First
- Wikipedia, "Supportive Housing" (2014): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supportive_housing
- Wikipedia, "Section 8 (Housing)" (2014): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_8_(housing)
- National Alliance to End Homelessness (2007). "Supportive Housing is Cost Effective"
- Frank R. Lipton, Carole Sigel, Anthony Hannigan, Judy Samuels, Sherryl Baker (2000). "Tenure in Supportive Housing for Homeless Presons with Severe Mental Illness", Journal of Psychiatric Services, 51(4), pp.479-486 https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.ps.51.4.479
- Debra J. Rog, Tina Marshall, Richard H. Dougherty, Preethy George, Allen S. Daniels, Sushmita Shoma Ghose, Miriam E. Delphin-Rittmon (2014). "Permanent Supportive Housing: Assessing the Evidence", Journal of Psychiatric Services, 65(3), pp.287-294 https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.ps.201300261
- Benjamin F. Henwood, Marian L. Katz, Todd P. Gilmer (2015). "Aging in place within permanent supportive housing", International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 2015(30), pp.80-87
- Mary E. Larimer, Daniel K. Malone, Michelle D. Garner, David C. Atkins, Bonnie Burlingham, Heather S. Lonczak, Kenneth Tanzer, Joshua Ginzler, Seema L. Clifasefi, William G. Hobson, G. Alan Marlatt (2009), "Health Care and Public Service Use and Costs Before and After Provision of Housing for Chronically Homeless Persons With Severe Alcohol Problems", JAMA, 301(13), pp.1349-1357 https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2009.414
- Tia E. Martinez, Martha R. Burt (). "Impact of Permanent Supportive Housing on the Use of Acute Care Health Services by Homeless Adults", Journal of Psychiatric Services, 57(7), pp.992-999
- CSH (2014). "Housing is the Best Medicine, Supportive Housing and the Social Determinants of Health", The Source for Housing Solutions
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Korea Agency for Infrastructure Technology Advancement (KAIA)