- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Case Study of Applying DO-278A for Advanced Surface Movement Guidance & Control System
DO-278A 표준을 적용한 A-SMGCS 개발 사례 연구
Jo, Sanghoon;Lee, Hongseok;Kim, Jha-young;Yi, Jin-geun
- Received : 2016.03.02
- Accepted : 2016.04.07
- Published : 2016.04.30
This paper proposes a case study of applying to DO-278A, which is a software development standard of ground aviation equipment in communication, navigation, surveillance/air traffic management (CNS/ATM) domain, in order to develop software of Advanced surface movement, guidance and control system (A-SMGCS). It explains considerations to application of DO-278A standard, discusses how to tailor processes or requirements specified in DO-278A in detail, and explain tailored results. And it also summary problems or issues occurred during application of DO-278A, which can be appeared when DO-278A is applied to for the first time by any development part. These are required considerations in order to reduce trial and error. To the conclusion, it explains lessons learned from application of DO-278A and suggest how to solve these problems or issues.
A-SMGCS;DO-278A;CNS/ATM;Software Development;Safety critical software;Process tailoring
- SAE International, Guidelines and methods for conducting the safety assessment process on civil airborne systems and equipment, SAE International, Warrendale, USA, Aerospace recommended practice(ARP) 4761, 1996.
- SAE International, Guidelines for development of civil aircraft and systems, SAE International, Warrendale, USA, Aerospace recommended practice(ARP) 4754A, 2010.
- ICAO, Advanced surface movement guidance and control system (A-SMGCS) manual, ICAO, Montreal, Canada, ICAO DOC 9830, 2004.
- EMMA project [Internet]. Available: http://www.dlr.de/emma/.
- RTCA, Software considerations in airborne systems and equipment certification, RTCA, Washington, USA, RTCA DO-178C, 2011.
- RTCA, Software integrity assurance considerations for communication, navigation, surveillance and air traffic management(CNS/ ATM) systems, RTCA, Washington, USA, RTCA DO-278A, 2011.
- S. A. Jacklin, Certification of safety-critical software under DO-178C and DO-278A, NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA, 2012.
- S. H. Jo, J. Y. Kim and J. G. Kim, "Development of advance surface movement guidance & control system utilize system engineering process," in Proceeding of the The Journal of Korea Navigation Institute, Seoul, Korea, pp.337-340, 2015.
- H. S. Lee, G. H. Kwon and B. G. Ko, "A study for evaluation method of safety critical software in avionics industry," The Journal of Korea Navigation Institute, Vol. 2, No. 19, pp. 91-97, Apr. 2015
- ISO/IEC/IEEE, Systems and software engineering - System life cycle processes, ISO/IEC/IEEE, Switzerland, ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288:2015, 2015.
- FAA, Systems Engineering Manual, FAA, Washington, USA, 2014.
- RTCA, Software tool qualification considerations, RTCA, Washington, USA, RTCA DO-330, 2011.
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원