- Volume 40 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Study on the Remote Controllability of Vision Based Unmanned Vehicle Using Virtual Unmanned Vehicle Driving Simulator
가상 무인 차량 시뮬레이터를 이용한 영상 기반 무인 차량의 원격 조종성 연구
Kim, Sunwoo;Han, Jong-Boo;Kim, Sung-Soo
- Received : 2015.11.07
- Accepted : 2016.03.09
- Published : 2016.05.01
In this paper, we proposed an image shaking index to evaluate the remote controllability of vision based unmanned vehicles. To analyze the usefulness of the proposed image-shaking index, we perform subjective tests using a virtual unmanned vehicle driving simulator. The developed driving simulator consists of a real-time multibody dynamic software of the unmanned vehicle, a motion simulator, and a driver console. We perform dynamic simulations to obtain the motion of the unmanned vehicle running on the various road surfaces such as ISO roughness level A~E roads. The motion of the vehicle body is reflected in the motion simulator. Then, to enable remote control operation, we offer to operators the image data that was measured using the camera sensor on the simulator. We verify the usefulness of the proposed image-shaking index compared with subjective index provided by operators.
Remote Control;Unmanned Vehicle;Image Processing
- Kim, S. H., 2011, "Introduction of Unmanned Military Technology and its Future Direction," Journal of the KSME, Vol. 51, No. 3, pp. 28-32.
- Jang, H. K., 2001, "Effect of Low Frequency Vibration on Human and Its Application," Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, pp. 823-827.
- Han, K. H., Park, C. H., Kim, E. S. and Kim, D. G., Woo, S, H. and Kim, H. T., 2011, "Brain-based Development of Cyber-sickness Solution in 3D Virtual Environment," Journal of Culture Industry, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 5-15.
- Kim, S., Ki, S. and Kim, S.S., 2015, "Test of Vision Stabilizer for Unmanned Vehicle Using Virtual Environment and 6 Axis Motion Simulator," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 39, No. 2, pp. 227-233. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.2.227
- Kang, H. C., Kim, S. S. and Lee, C. H., 2015, "Parallel Processing with the Subsystem Synthesis Method for Efficient Vehicle Analysis," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 29, No. 7, pp. 2663-2669. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-015-0512-4
- Seok, H. D. and Lyou, J., 2006. "A Stabilization Method for Rotated and Translated Images," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, Vol. 12, No.8, pp. 810-817.
- Lee, H. S., Ko, Y. H. and Kim, B. S., 2009, "UAV(Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) Image Stabilization Algorithm Based on Estimating Averaged Vehicle Motion," Transactions of The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, pp. 216-218.
- Im, E., Myeong, H. J., Kim, Y. J., Yim, C. H. and Kim, D. H., 2012. "Digital Image Stabilization of Robot Buoy Using the Image of Mechanism," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 36, No.6, pp. 645-651. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2012.36.6.645
- O, H. C., 2010. "Human Factor Research on the Measurement of Subjective Three Dimensional Fatigue," Journal of Broadcast Engineers, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 607-616. https://doi.org/10.5909/JBE.2010.15.5.607
Supported by : 충남대학교