- Volume 27 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Small Mu-Zero Zeroth Order Resonance Antenna with Parasitic Patch
기생패치를 이용한 소형 뮤-제로 영차공진 안테나
- Um, Kwi Seob (Department of Electronic Information and Communication Engineering, Hongik University) ;
- Lee, Chang-Hyun (Department of Electronic Information and Communication Engineering, Hongik University) ;
- Lee, Jae-Gon (Department of Electronic Information and Communication Engineering, Hongik University) ;
- Lee, Jeong-Hae (Department of Electronic Information and Communication Engineering, Hongik University)
- Received : 2015.12.16
- Accepted : 2016.03.22
- Published : 2016.04.30
In this paper, a small mu-zero zeroth order resonance(ZOR) antenna based on meta structure is proposed using parasitic patch at 5.8 GHz. The mu-zero ZOR antenna is designed by utilizing the resonance of series inductance and capacitance of mu-negative transmission line and its size can be further reduced by a simple parasitic patch. The parasitic patch can increase series capacitance of mu-negative transmission line related to a resonant frequency. We have simulated and optimized dimension of the parasitic patch using Ansys commercial simulator(HFSS). As a result, the antenna has the following characteristics: kr of 0.59, efficiency of 92 %, and gain of 6.57 dBi. Also, its size is reduced by 24 % compared to a conventional mu-zero ZOR antenna. The measured results are in good agreement with the simulated results.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Jae-Hyun Park, Young-Ho Ryu, and Jeong-Hae Lee, "Muzero resonance antenna" IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 1865-1875, Jun. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2010.2046832
- A. Sanada, C. Caloz, and T. Itoh, "Novel zeroth-order resonance in composite right/lefthanded transmission line resonators", Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, vol. 3, 1588-1591, 2003.
- Ansoft HFSS, by Ansoft Corporation, http://www.ansoft.com, commercially licensed software.
- D. Evans, "The internet of things: How the next evolution of the internet is changing everything", Cisco Internet Business Solution Group, Apr. 2011.
- The Internet of Things, Worldwide, Gartner, Inc. 2013. 11.
- Byung-Chul Park, Jeong-Hae Lee, "Circularly polarized antenna based on mu-negative transmission line", EuCAP 2014, Apr. 2014.
- Gunyoung Kim, Bomson Lee, "Metamaterial-based zeroth- order resonant antennas for MIMO applications", Journal of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science, vol. 13, no. 3, 195-197, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5515/JKIEES.2013.13.3.195
- Seyed Mohammad Saeed Majedi, Amir Reza Attari, "A compact MIM zeroth order resonator antenna", 5th International Symposium on Telecommunications(IST), 2010.
- Seung-Wook Lee, Jeong-Hae Lee, "Electrically small MNG ZOR antenna with multi-layered conductor", IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 9, pp. 724-727, Jul. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2010.2057403
- 박재현, 류영호, 김동진, 추호성, 이정해, "메타물질 전송선로를 이용한 소형 나선 구조 Zeroth-order resonance 안테나", 전자공학회논문지, 44 TC(7), pp. 1-6, 2007년 7월.
- C. Balanis, Antenna Theory, Analysis, and Design, 3rd ed. New York: Wiley, 2005.
- A. Lai, T. Itoh, and C. Caloz, "Composite right/lefthanded transmission line metamaterials", IEEE Microwave Magazine, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 34-50, 2004.