- Volume 27 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Combination System Design of 5G Candidate Modulation and Full Duplex Communication for the Spectrum Efficiency Enhancement
스펙트럼 효율 향상을 위한 전이중 통신 방식과 5G 후보 변조기술과의 결합시스템 설계
An, Changyoung;Ryu, Heung-Gyoon
- Received : 2016.01.25
- Accepted : 2016.04.04
- Published : 2016.04.30
In this paper, we propose and design a SSD(Simultaneous Single band Duplex) system using 5G(Generation) candidate modulations. Especially, we consider HPA(High Power Amplifier) nonlinearity in the proposed system. And then, we evaluate and analyze performance of the proposed system. As simulation results, performance of SSD-OFDM(Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing), SSD-FMC (Universal Filtered Multi-Carrier), and SSD-FBMC(Filter Bank Multi-Carrier) is severely degraded by HPA nonlinearity. However, performance of SSD-OFDM, SSD-UFMC, and SSD-FBMC is similar in the same condition. That is, OFDM, UFMC, and FBMC have a similar PAPR(Peak to Average Power Ratio) characteristic. Finally, we can confirm that the proposed SSD system can not cancel(SI) self-interference effectively by strong HPA nonlinearity. That is, Reducing PAPR is important in order to avoid effect of HPA nonlinearity in the proposed SSD system.
- Shanzhi Chen, Jian Zhao, "The requirements, challenges, and technologies for 5G of terrestrial mobile telecommunication", Communications Magazine, IEEE, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 36-43, May 2014.
- E. Dahlman, G. Mildh, S. Parkvall, J. Peisa, J. Sachs, Y. Selen, and J. Skold, "5G wireless access: requirements and realization", Communications Magazine, IEEE, vol. 52, no. 12, pp. 42-47, Dec. 2014.
- G. Wunder et al., "5GNOW: non-orthogonal, asynchronous waveforms for future mobile applications", IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 97-105, Feb. 2014.
- P. Banelli, S. Buzzi, G. Colavolpe, A. Modenini, F. Rusek, and A. Ugolini, "Modulation formats and waveforms for 5G networks: who will ne the heir of OFDM?: An overview of alternative modulation schemes for improved spectral efficiency", in IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 80-93, Nov. 2014.
- F. Schaich, T. Wild, "Waveform contenders for 5G - OFDM vs. FBMC vs. UFMC", Communications, Control and Signal Processing(ISCCSP), 2014 6th International Symposium on, pp. 457-460, 21-23 May 2014.
- V. Vakilian, T. Wild, F. Schaich, S. ten Brink, and J. F. Frigon, "Universal-filtered multi-carrier technique for wireless systems beyond LTE", in Globecom Workshops (GC Wkshps), 2013 IEEE, pp. 223-228, 9-13 Dec. 2013.
- B. Farhang-Boroujeny, "OFDM versus filter bank multicarrier", in Signal Processing Magazine, IEEE, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 92-112, May 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/MSP.2011.940267
- Wonsuk Chung, Beomju Kim, Moonchang Choi, Hyungju Nam, Hyunkyu Yu, Sooyoung Choi, and Daesik Hong, "Synchronization error in QAM-based FBMC system", in Military Communications Conference(MILCOM), 2014 IEEE, pp. 699-705, Oct. 2014.
- M. Mukherjee, L. Shu, V. Kumar, P. Kumar, and R. Matam, "Reduced out-of-band radiation-based filter optimization for UFMC systems in 5G", Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference(IWCMC), 2015 International, Dubrovnik, 2015, pp. 1150-1155.
- Z. Kollar, L. Varga, and K. Czimer, "Clipping-based iterative PAPR-reduction techniques for FBMC", OFDM 2012, 17th International OFDM Workshop 2012 (InOWo'12); Proceedings of, Essen, Germany, 2012, pp. 1-7.
- M. Chafii, J. Palicot, and R. Gribonval, "Closed-form approximations of the PAPR distribution for multi-carrier modulation systems", in Signal Processing Conference( EUSIPCO), 2014 Proceedings of the 22nd European, pp. 1920-1924, 1-5 Sept. 2014.
- H. Mahmoud, T. Yucek, and H. Arslan, "OFDM for cognitive radio: merits and challenges", in Wireless Communications, IEEE, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 6-15, April 2009.
- H. G. Myung, J. Lim, and D. J. Goodman, "Peak-toverage power ratio of single carrier FDMA signals with pulse shaping", Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, 2006 IEEE 17th International Symposium on, Helsinki, pp. 1-5, 2006.
- P. Drotar, J. Gazda, D. Kocur, and P. Galajda, "MCDMA performance analysis for different spreading codes at HPA Saleh model", 18th Int. Conf. Radioelektronika, pp. 1-4, Prague, Apr. 2008.
Supported by : 한국연구재단