- Volume 27 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Design and Manufacture of FMCW Radar with Multi-Frequency Bandwidths
다중 대역폭을 갖는 FMCW 레이다 송수신기 설계 및 제작
- Received : 2015.11.16
- Accepted : 2016.03.09
- Published : 2016.04.30
Design of X-band frequency FMCW based imaging radar with multi-resolutions and performances of the self-manufactured radar system are presented in this study. In order to implement the multi-bandwidths, a ramp sequence of the FMCW signal is consisting of two kinds of 'saw-tooth' waveform with different bandwidth, and a receiver circuit consisting of L-band source and frequency converter circuit is used to effectively extract spectra of beat-frequency from the received signal of X-band frequency. The system setups for performance measurement of self-manufactured radar system are maximum output power of 35 dBm, sampling frequency of 1.2 MHz and sweep time of 1 ms. Then, the measured resolutions of the modulated signal having bandwidth of 500 MHz and 300 MHz in range & azimuth-direction are (0.28 m, 0.26 m) and (0.44 m, 0.27 m), respectively.
FMCW;Multi-Resolution;Imaging Radar;Ramp Sequence;X-Band Frequency
- 최재현, 장종훈, 노진입, "광 지연선 기반의 넓은 고도범위를 갖는 고정밀 FMCW 전파고도계 송수신기 설계", 한국전자파학회논문지, 25(11), pp. 119-1196, 2014년 11월.
- 김병준, 구종섭, 김덕수, 남상욱, "다목적활용을 위한 재구성이 가능한 다중대역 FMCW 레이다", 한국전자파학회논문지, 26(12), pp. 1112-1115, 2015년 12월.
- M. I. Skolnik, Radar Handbook, 3rd edition, McGraw-Hill Inc., New York, 2008.
- M. I. Skolnik, Introduction to Radar System, 2nd edition, McGraw-Hill Inc., pp. 68-100, 1981.
- G. L. Charvat, L. C. Kempel, and C. Coleman, "A lowpower high-sensitivity X-bnad rail SAR imaging system", IEEE Antenna and Propagation Magazine, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 108-115, Jun. 2008.
- G. M. Brooker, "Understanding millimeter wave FMCW radar", International Conference on Sensing Technology, pp. 152-157, 2005.
- S. A. Maas, Microwave Mixers, 2nd edition, Boston/ London, 1993.
- 한석균, "차량 감지용 FMCW 레이더의 단일 평형 다이오드 주파수 혼합기 설계 및 제작", 한국전자파학회논문지, 14(12), pp. 1335-1340, 2003년 12월.
- S. O. Piper, "Homodyne FMCW radar range resolution effects with sinusoidal nonlinearities in the frequency sweep", IEEE International Radar Conference, pp. 563-567, 1995.
- M. Soumekh, Synthetic Aperture Radar Signal Processing with Matlab Algorithm, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., pp. 47-135, 1999.
- I. G. Cumming, F. H. Wong, Digital Processing of Synthetic Aperture Radar Data, Artech House, Boston/ London, pp. 40-112, 2005.
Supported by : 한국연구재단