- Volume 27 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Hydriding Performance in a Uranium Bed depending on the Initial Bed Temperatures and Helium Contents
우라늄 베드 초기온도 및 헬륨농도의 수소 흡장 영향
- Received : 2016.04.05
- Accepted : 2016.04.30
- Published : 2016.04.30
Korea has been developing nuclear fusion fuel storage and delivery system (SDS) technologies including a basic scientific study on hydrogen storage. To develop nuclear fusion technology, it is necessary to store and supply hydrogen isotopes needed for Tokamak operation. SDS is used for storing hydrogen isotopes as a metal hydride form. The rapid hydriding of tritium is very important not only for safety reasons but also for the economic design and operation of the SDS. In this study, we designed and fabricated a medium-scale getter bed of depleted uranium (DU). The hydriding of DU has been measured by varying the initial temperature (
Hydrogen isotopes;Depleted uranium;Hydriding;Cooling temperature;Helium blanket
- D. Koo, Y. Kim, S. Yun, H. Chung, "Dehydriding Performance in a Depleted Uranium Bed", Trans. of the Korean Hydrogen and New Energy Society, Vol. 27, 2016, pp. 22-28. https://doi.org/10.7316/KHNES.2016.27.1.022
- D. Chung, J. Lee, D. Koo, H. Chung, K. Kim, H. Kang, M. Chang, P. Camp, K. Jung, S. Cho, S. Yun, C. Kim, H. Yoshida, S. Paek, H. Lee, "Hydriding and Dehydriding Characteristics of Small-Scale DU and ZrCo Beds", Fusion Engineering and Design, Vol. 88, 2013, pp. 2276-2279. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fusengdes.2013.04.004
- S. Paek, D. Ahn, K. Kim, and H. Chung, "Characteristics of Reaction between Hydrogen Isotopes and Depleted Uranium", J. Ind. Eng. Chem., Vol. 8, 2002, pp. 12-16.
- H. Chung, D. Chung, J. Lee, D. Koo, J. Lee, C. Lee, K. Seo, J. Yoon, E. Lee, D. Lee, H. Kang, M. Chang, S. Cho, S. Yun, C. Kim, K. Jung, P. Camp, S. Willms, D. Ahn, H. Lee, "Fusion Tritium Research Facilities in KAERI", Fusion Engineering and Design, Vol. 87, 2012, pp. 448-453. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fusengdes.2011.12.002
- H. Chung, M. Shim, H. Yoshida, H. Jin, J. Lee, D. Ahn, K. Kim, K. Song, D. Kim, M. Chang, H. Kang, S. Yun, S. Cho, "Korea's Progress on the ITER Tritium Systems", Fusion Engineering and Design, Vol. 84, 2009, pp. 599-603. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fusengdes.2009.01.073
- M. Shim, H. Chung, H. Yoshida, H. Jin, J. Lee, K. Song, M. Chang, H. Kang, S. Yun, S. Cho, "Hydriding/Dehydriding Characteristics on Fast Heat Transfer Response ZrCo bed for ITER", Fusion Engineering and Design, Vol. 84, 2009, pp. 1763-1766. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fusengdes.2008.11.006
- M. Shim, H. Chung, H. Yoshida, H. Jin, M. Chang, S. Yun, S. Cho, "Initial Test Results of a Fast Heat Transfer Response ZrCo Hydride Bed", Fusion Science and Technology, Vol. 56, 2009, pp. 856-860. https://doi.org/10.13182/FST09-13
- S. Paek, D. Ahn, K. Kim, S. Yim, H. Chung, Characteristics of Titanium Sponge for the Storage of Hydrogen Isotopes: II. Hydriding Properties, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., Vol. 10, No. 4, 2004, pp. 539-543.
- R. Lasser, "Tritium and Helium-3 in Metals", 1989, pp. 112-114.
- W. T. Shmayda, A. G. Heics and N. P. Kherani, "Comparison of Uranium and Zirconium Cobalt for Tritium Storage", J of the Less-Common Metals, Vol. 162, 1990, pp. 117-127. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-5088(90)90464-U
- G. L. Powell and W. L. Harper, "The Kinetics of the Hydriding of Uranium Metal", J. of the Less-Common Metals, 1991, pp. 116-123.
- M. Shim, H. Chung, S. Cho, H. Yoshida, "Disproportionation Characteristics of a Zirconium-Cobalt Hydride Bed under ITER Operating Conditions", Fusion Science and Technology, Vol. 53, 2008, pp. 830-840. https://doi.org/10.13182/FST08-26
- S. Yun, M. Lee, K. Park, Y. Oh, S. Cho, M. Chang, H. Kang, K. Jung, H. Chung, D. Koo, K. Song, D. Kim, "Compressibility Study during Hydride Raction of ZrCo", Fusion Engineering and Design, Vol. 86, 2011, pp. 2282-2285. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fusengdes.2010.12.031
- H. Kang, Soo, K. Song, D. Kim, "Fabrication and Test of Thin Double-Layered Annulus Metal Hydride Bed", Fusion Engineering and Design, Vol. 86, 2011, pp. 2196-2199. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fusengdes.2010.11.024
- R. D. Penzhorn, M. Devillers and M. Sirch, "Evaluation of ZrCo and Other Getters for Tritium Handling and Storage", J. of Nuclear Materials, Vol. 170, 1990, pp. 217-231. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3115(90)90292-U
- S. Cho, M. H. Chang, S. H. Yun, H. G. Kang, H. Chung, K. M. Song, D. Koo, Y. Kim, J. Lee, S. H. Sohn, K. Kim, and K. J. Jung, "ITER Storage and Delivery System R&D in Korea", IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. 38, No. 3, 2010, pp. 425-433. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPS.2009.2039583
- S. Konishi, T. Nagasaki, N. Yokokawa, Y. Naruse, "Development of Zirconium-Cobalt Beds for Recovery, Storage and Supply of Tritium", Fusion Engineering and Design, Vol. 10, 1989, pp. 355-358. https://doi.org/10.1016/0920-3796(89)90077-X
Supported by : 한국연구재단