- Volume 17 Issue 1
This work is mainly done by too many manual operations in the aircraft structure design process resulting in heavy workload, low efficiency and quality, non-standardized processes and procedures. A top-down associated design method employing the template parametric technology is proposed here in order to improve the quality of design and efficiency of aircraft wing structure at the preliminary design stage. The appropriate parametric tool is chosen and the rapid design system of knowledge-driven aircraft wing structure is developed. First, a skeleton model of aircraft wing structure is rapidly built up through the template encapsulated design knowledge. Associated design is then introduced to realize the association between the typical structural part and skeleton model. Finally, the related elements are referenced from skeleton model, and a typical structural part reflecting an automatic response for design changes of the upstream skeleton model is quickly constructed within the template. The rapid design system proposed and developed in this paper is able to formalize the design standardization of aircraft wing structure and thus the rapid generation of different aircraft wing structure programs and achieve the structural design knowledge reuse as well.
top-down;rapid design;template;aircraft wing structure;associated design
- Haocheng, F. E. N. G., Mingqiang, L. U. O., Hu, L. I. U. and Zhe, W. U., "A Knowledge-based and Extensible Aircraft Conceptual Design Environment", Chinese Journal of Aeronautics, Vol. 24, No. 6, 2011, pp. 709-719. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1000-9361(11)60083-6
- Ledermann, C., Ermanni, P. and Kelm, R., "Dynamic CAD objects for structural optimization in preliminary aircraft design", Aerospace Science and Technology, Vol. 10, No. 7, 2006, pp. 601-610. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ast.2006.07.001
- Tecklenburg, G. F. K., "Design of automotive body assemblies with distributed tasks under support of parametric associative design", Hamburg: University of Hertfordshire, 2010.
- Jia, H. L., Wang, A. M. and Tang, C. T., "Coordinate design technology based on product structure association mode", Computer Integrated Manufacturing Systems, Vol. 17, No. 5, 2011, pp. 897-907.
- Chen, Y. P., "Study and Application of Helicopter Collaborative Design Based on Digital Mock-Up", Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautic, 2010.
- Mun, D., Hwang, J. and Han, S., "Protection of intellectual property based on a skeleton model in product design collaboration", Computer-Aided Design, Vol. 41, No. 9, 2009, pp. 641-648. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cad.2009.04.007
- Kim, K. Y., Manley, D. G. and Yang, H., "Ontology-based assembly design and information sharing for collaborative product development", Computer-Aided Design, Vol. 38, No. 12, 2006, pp. 1233-1250. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cad.2006.08.004
- Aleixos, N., Company, P. and Contero, M., "Integrated modeling with top-down approach in subsidiary industries", Computers in Industry, Vol. 53, No. 1, 2004, pp. 97-116. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0166-3615(03)00122-2
- Sensmeier, M. D. and Samareh, J. A., "Automatic aircraft structural topology generation for multidisciplinary optimization and weight estimation", Proceedings of 46th AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics\ & Materials Conference, AIAA 2005-1893, 2005.
- Verhagen, W. J., Bermell-Garcia, P., van Dijk, R. E. and Curran, R., "A critical review of knowledge-based engineering: an identification of research challenges", Advanced Engineering Informatics, Vol. 26, No. 1, 2012, pp. 5-15. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aei.2011.06.004
- Liu, J. T. and Liu, C. W., "Application of associated design in aircraft structure". Aeronautical Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 14, No. 1, 2008, pp. 44-47.
- Ledermann, C., Hanske, C., Wenzel, J., Ermanni, P. and Kelm, R., "Associative parametric CAE methods in the aircraft pre-design", Aerospace Science and Technology, Vol. 9, No. 7, 2005, pp. 641-651. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ast.2005.05.001
- Azamatov, A., Lee, J. W. and Byun, Y. H., "Comprehensive aircraft configuration design tool for integrated product and process development", Advances in Engineering Software, Vol. 42, No. 1, 2011, pp. 35-49. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.advengsoft.2010.10.016
- Hurlimann, F., Kelm, R. and Dugas, M., "Mass estimation of transport aircraft wing box structures with a CAD/CAE-based multidisciplinary process", Aerospace Science and Technology, Vol. 10, No. 1, 2006, pp. 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ast.2005.08.001
- Tarkian, M. and Olvander, J., "Exploring parametric CAD-models in aircraft conceptual design", 49th AIAA Structures, Structural Dynamics, and Materials Conference, Schaumburg, April, 2008.