- Volume 48 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Searching for the environmental management plans of Korea paper industry coping with the new climate regime
신 기후체제 협약에 따른 국내 제지산업의 환경경영 방안 모색
Kim, Dong Seop;Sung, Yong Joo
- Received : 2016.04.09
- Accepted : 2016.04.18
- Published : 2016.04.30
The new climate regime for practical reduction in green house gas(GHG) emissions was launched in Paris at Dec. 2015. The Korea government would make various policies and plans in order to achieve the BAU 37 % emission reduction goals by 2030. In this study, the current situation and the possible corresponding methodology to the GHG emission reduction of Korea paper industry were investigated. Although the GHG emission reduction in KOREA paper industry has been successfully conducted compared with other industries until now, the more efforts for controlling GHG emission would be required to meet the new climate regime. The efficiency of various GHG reduction projects conducted by Korea paper companies was evaluated to find efficient way for GHG reduction. The certified methodologies of the external project based offset systems in Korea GHG emission trading scheme were also reviewed for providing the possible way to develope tailored methodology to the Korea paper industry.
Paris climate regime;green house gas;paper industry;GHG emission trading scheme
- Climate Change 2014 : Impact, Adaptation and Vulnerability, IPCC WGII AR5 Summary for Policymakers (2014).
- Kim. K. S., Yu. Y. T., and Jang. K. S., Necessity of Renewable Energy on the New Climate Regime, The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers 65(1):10-16 (2016).
- National Greenhouse Gas Inventory Report of Korea, Greenhouse gas inventory & research center of korea (2015).
- Kim. D. S., Sung. Y. J., Lee. J. W., Kim. S. B., and Park. G. S., Investigation into Methods for reducing Greenhouse Gas Emission in Paper Industry with Development of Greehouse Gas Inventory. Journal of Korea TAPPI, 44(2):49-57 (2012).
- Sung. Y. J., Um. G. J., Lee. J. W., Kim. S. B., and Park. G. S., Action Plans of Paper Industry Correspond to Carbon Dioxide Emission Trading Market, Journal of Korea TAPPI, 44(1):43-51 (2012).
- Climate Change and Green Growth, Greenhouse gas inventory & research center of korea, vol 8. (2015).
- Climate Change and Green Growth, Greenhouse gas inventory & research center of korea, vol 9. (2015).
- Greenhouse Gas Inventory & Research Center of Korea, National Greenhouse gas Management System (2013).
- Kim. D. S., Sung. Y. J., Kim. S. B., Lee. J. W., and Park. G. S., Environmental Management Strategies of Korean Paper Industry for response to Climate Change, Journal of Korea TAPPI, 45(4):42-51 (2013).
- Food and Agriculture Organization of The United Nations Statistics Division, Food and Agriculture Organization of The United Nations (2015). - http://faostat3.fao.org/home/E
- Korea Energy Management Corporation, Korea Voluntary Emission Reduction System (2013). - http://kver.kemco.or.kr:8282/index.jsp
- IPCC, Revised 1996 Guidelines for National Greenhouse Inventories (1996).
- Offset Registry System, Greenhouse gas inventory & research center of korea (2016). - https://ors.gir.go.kr/ors/
- External Business Methodology, Emission Trading Registry System, Ministry of Environment (2016).
- The Evaluation Study for Co-digestion of Livestock and Agricultural Wastes vol.35, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.9786/kswm.2018.35.1.1