- Volume 25 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Model for Slab Width Spread during Hot Rough Rolling Using a Profiled Edger Roll
형상 엣저 롤을 이용한 열간 조압연 공정의 슬래브 폭 퍼짐 예측 모델
Lee, K.H.;Han, J.G.;Yoo, K.H.;Kim, H.J.;Kim, B.M.
- Received : 2015.09.03
- Accepted : 2016.01.13
- Published : 2016.04.01
The aim of the current study was to develop an advanced prediction model for the slab width spread during hot rough rolling. Rough rolling consists of both vertical rolling using a set of profiled edger rolls and horizontal rolling using a set of plain work rolls. FE-simulations were performed to investigate the influences of process variables such as initial slab width, initial thickness, sizing draft, edger roll draft and work roll draft on the final slab width variation. From a statistical analysis of the simulation results, an advanced model, which can predict the slab width spread during the edger rolling and horizontal rolling, was developed. The experimental hot rolling trials showed that the newly developed model provided fairly accurate predictions on the slab width spread during hot rough rolling process using a profiled edger rolls.
Hot Rough Rolling;Profile Edger Roll;Dog-bone;Width Spread;FE-simulation
- Z. Wusatowski, 1955, Hot Rolling: A Study of Draught, Spread and Elongation, Iron and Steel, Vol. 28, pp. 49~54, 89~94.
- A. Helmi, J. M. Alexander, 1968, Geometric Factors Affecting Spread in Hot Flat Rolling of Steel, J. Iron. Steel Inst., Vol. 206, No. 11, pp. 1110~1117.
- A. K. E. H. A. El-Kalay, L. G. M. Sparling, 1968, Factors Affecting Friction and Their Effect upon Load, Torque, and Spread in Hot Flat Rolling, J. Iron. Steel Inst., Vol. 206, No. 2, pp. 152~163.
- T. Shibahara, Y. Misaka, T. Kono, M. Koriki, H. Takemoto, 1981, Edger Set-up Model at Roughing Train in Hot Strip Mill, J. Iron. Steel Inst. Jpn., Vol. 67, No. 15, pp. 2509~2515. https://doi.org/10.2355/tetsutohagane1955.67.15_2509
- M. S. Chun, J. J. Yi, Y. H. Moon, 1999, Precise width Control Through the Width Spread Compensation in Hot Strip Mill, Trans. Mater. Process., Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 200~207.
- S. I. Oh, S. Kobayashi, 1975, An Approximate Method for a Three-dimensional Analysis of Rolling, Int. J. Mech. Sci., Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 293~305. https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-7403(75)90010-7
- D. H. Lee, K. B. Lee, S. M. Hwang, 2014, A New Model for Predicting Width Spread in a Roughing Mill-Part I: Application to Dog-bone Shaped Inlet Cross, Trans. Mater. Process., Vol. 23, No.3, pp. 139~144. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2014.23.3.139
- D. H. Lee, K. B. Lee, S. M. Hwang, 2014, A New Model for Predicting Width Spread in a Roughing Mill-Part II: Application to Flat Rolling, Trans. Mater. Process., Vol. 23, No.3, pp. 145~150. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2014.23.3.145
- N. S. Kim, H. J. Kim, 2002, Metal Forming and Analysis, 3rd ed, Munundang, Seoul. p. 280.
Grant : BK21플러스
Supported by : 부산대학교