- Volume 25 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
3D Finite Element-based Study on Skin-pass Rolling - Part I : Finite Element Analysis
3차원 유한요소법에 기초한 조질 압연 공정 해석 - Part I : 유한요소해석
- Received : 2015.11.30
- Accepted : 2016.01.21
- Published : 2016.04.01
Rolled products often have residual stresses or strip waves that are beyond the customer’s tolerance. To resolve this problem, skin-pass rolling is widely used during post-processing of such products. Because a short contact length compared to the strip width is a characteristic of skin-pass rolling, several numerical analyses have been previously conducted based on a two-dimensional approach. In the current study, a series of simulations was conducted using numerical analysis of three-dimensional elastic-plastic finite element method.
Skin-pass Rolling;Residual Stress;Roll Force Profile;Plastic Deformation;3-D Finite Element Method
- A. M. Giarola, P. H. R. Pereira, P. A. Stemler, A. E. M. Pertence, H. B. Campos, M. T. P. Aguilar, P. R. Cetlin, 2015, Strain Heterogeneities in the Rolling Direction of Steel Sheets Submitted to the Skin Pass: A Finite Element Analysis, J. Mater. Process. Technol., Vol. 216, pp. 234~247. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2014.09.015
- H. Kijima, 2013, Influence of Roll Radius on Contact Condition and Material Deformation in Skin-pass Rolling of Steel Strip, J. Mater. Process. Technol., Vol. 213, No. 10, pp. 1764~1771. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2013.04.011
- H. Kijima, 2014, Influence of Roll Radius on Roughness Transfer in Skin-pass Rolling of Steel Strip, J. Mater. Process. Technol., Vol. 214, No. 5, pp. 1111~1119. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2013.12.019
- M. Weiss, W. Ryan, B. Rolfe, C. Yang, 2010, Proc. 10th Int. Conf. on Numer. Methods Ind. Form. Processes(eds. F. Barlat, Y. H. Moon, M. G. Lee), Am. Inst. Phys., Danvers, Ma., pp. 896~902.
- J. M. Koo, S. R. Ryoo, C. S. Lee, C. G. Sun, H. N. Han, S. M. Hwang, 2007, Prediction of Residual Stresses in a Plate Subject to Accelerated Cooling, ISIJ Int., Vol. 47, No. 8, pp. 1149~1158. https://doi.org/10.2355/isijinternational.47.1149
- A. Kainz, K. Krimpelstätter, K. Zeman, 2003, Abaqus Austria Users’ Conf., Vienna, Austria.
- B. B. Hundy, 1955, Inhomogeneous Deformation During the Temper Rolling of Annealed Mild Steel, J. Iron Steel Inst., Vol. 181, pp. 313~315.
- Y. K. Kim, W. J. Kwak, T. J. Shin, S. M. Hwang, 2010, A New Model for the Prediction of Roll Force and Tension Profiles in Flat Rolling, ISIJ Int., Vol. 50, No. 11, pp. 1644~1652. https://doi.org/10.2355/isijinternational.50.1644