- Volume 29 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Risk of DNA contamination through fingerprint brush, during the dusting of living persons and deceased
살아있는 사람과 사망한 사람의 지문을 채취하는 과정에서 지문 브러쉬의 DNA 오염 정도 연구
- Received : 2015.12.11
- Accepted : 2016.04.20
- Published : 2016.04.25
This study investigated the possibility of DNA contamination during fingerprint collection when using a fingerprint brush. Two kinds of brushes were selected: powdered brushes and neat (not powdered) brushes. The fingerprints were collected from the tips of all the fingers and near the wrists of both living and deceased persons using the two brushes. Both brushes were analyzed for the DNA contents and profiles. The results obtained confirmed the transfer of DNA onto both brushes, although the results showed that the powdered brushes carried more DNA compared with the neat brushes. More DNA was transferred onto the brushes used on deceased persons than onto the brushes used for living persons. Only partial DNA profiles were obtained from the brushes, which is due to the presence of other sources of DNA on the surfaces of the skin of both living and deceased persons. This phenomenon confirmed the DNA contamination during fingerprint collection when fingerprint brushes were used.
- C. Proff, C. Schmitt, P. M. Schneider, G. Foerster and M. A. Rothschild, Int.. Congr. Ser., 1288, 601-603 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ics.2005.10.053
- B. Wilshire, Endeavour, 20(1), 12-15 (1996). https://doi.org/10.1016/0160-9327(96)10005-3
- C. Henry and R. E. Lee, Gaensslen, Robert Ramotowski, 'Advances in fingerprint technology', 2nd Ed., Florida, 2001.
- 'A Simplified Guide To Fingerprint Analysis', 1st Ed, NFSTC, Florida, 2009.
- A. H. Roland, van Oorschot and Maxwell K. Jones, Nature, 387, 767 (1997).
- D. E. O. Van Hoofstat, D. L. D Deforce, I. P. Hubert De Pauw and E. G. Van den Eeckhout, Electrophoresis., 20(14), 2870-2876 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1522-2683(19991001)20:14<2870::AID-ELPS2870>3.0.CO;2-V
- P. Van Renterghem, D. Leonard and C. de Greef, Prog. Forensic Genet, 8, 501-503 (2000).
- A. Zamir, M. Sc., E. Springer, M. Sc. and B Glattstein, M. Sc., J. Forensic Sci., 45(3), 687-688 (2000).
- D. Färber, A. Seul, H.-J. Weisser, Ph.D. and M. Bohnert, M.D., J. Forensic Sci., 55(6), 1457-1461 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1556-4029.2010.01476.x
- M. Pesaresi, L. Buscemi, F. Alessandrini, M. Cecati and A. Tagliabracci, Int. Congr. Ser., 1239, 947-951 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0531-5131(02)00572-1
- M. Bohnert, M. Faller-Marquart, S. Lutz, R. Amberg, H,-J. Weisser and S. Pollak, Forensic Sci. Int., 116(2), 107-115 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0379-0738(00)00357-1
- P. Wiegand and M. Kleiber, Int. J. Legal Med., 110(4) 181-183 (1997). https://doi.org/10.1007/s004140050063
- Forensics Postmortem changes, http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/forensicspostmortem.html, Revised 19 Feb 2012.
- WHAT HAPPENS TO A BODY AFTER DEATH, http://www.memorialpages.co.uk/articles/decomposition.php.
- The Rate of Decay in a Corpse, http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/the-rate-of-decay-in-a-corpse.html, Updated 28 Oct 2015.
- The Processes of Death and Decomposition, http://h2g2.com/approved_entry/A2451683, Created May 19, 2004/Updated 29 Jun 2014.
- H Olson, Internal Validation of PowerPlex® Fusion, ISHI2014 workshop.
- J. M. Butler, 'Advanced Topics in Forensic DNA Typing: Interpretation', 1st Ed., Academic Press, Maryland, 2014.
- F. Alessandrini, B. Sc., M. Cecati, B. Sc., M. Peresi, M. D., C. Turchi, B. Sc.; F. Carle, Ph. D. and A. Tagliabracci, M. D., J. Forensic Sci., 48(3), 586-592 (2003).
- P. S. Walsh, H. A. Erlich and R. Higuchi, Genome Res., 1(4), 241-250 (1992). https://doi.org/10.1101/gr.1.4.241
- T. Kamphausen, D. Schadendorf, N. V. Wurmb-Schwark, T. Bajanowski and M. Poetsch, Int. J. Legal Med., 126(1) 179-183 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00414-011-0579-0
- M. K. Balogh, J. Burger, K. Bender, P. M. Schneider and K. W. Alt, Int.. Congr. Ser., 1239, 953-957 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0531-5131(02)00230-3
- A. Lowe, C. Murray, P. Richardson, R. Wivell, P. Gill, G. Tully and J. Whitaker, Int. Congr. Ser., 1239, 799-801 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0531-5131(02)00484-3
- M. Trapecar, Sci. Justice, 49(4), 292-295 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scijus.2009.01.018
- G. J. Reichardt, B. A., J. C. Carr, B. A. and E. G. Stone, B. A., J. Forensic Sci., 23(1) 135-141 (1978).
- M. M. Schulz and W. Reichert, Forensic Sci. Int., 127(1) 128-130 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0379-0738(02)00092-0
Grant : 첨단과학수사 기술개발
Supported by : 순천향대학교 산학협력단