- Volume 49 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
서해안 패류양식장에서 분리된 대장균의 항균제 내성
Jo, Mi Ra;Park, Yong Su;Park, Kunbawui;Kwon, Ji Young;Yu, Hong Sik;Song, Ki Cheol;Lee, Hee Jung;Oh, Eun Gyoung;Kim, Ji Hoe;Lee, Tae Seek;Kim, Poong Ho
- 투고 : 2015.09.14
- 심사 : 2015.11.05
- 발행 : 2016.02.28
A total of 423 shellfish (Oysters, Crassostrea gigas; short-necked clams, Ruditapes philippinarum and corb shells, Cyclina sinensis) were collected from the west coast of Korea, from which 277 Escherichia coli strains were isolated. The antimicrobial susceptibility patterns of isolated strains were analyzed for 22 antimicrobial agents used in Korea for clinical or veterinary therapy. The resistance of E. coli isolates to ampicillin (37.2%) was highest, followed by cephalothin (21.7%), cefazolin (19.9%), trimethoprim (15.2%). Antimicrobial resistance was present in 56.7% of E. coli isolates against at least one antimicrobial agent. Of 277 isolates, 44 (15.9%) were resistant to multiple antimicrobial agents.
Antimicrobial resistance;Escherichia coli;Shellfish;Multiple antimicrobial resistance bacteria
- Cho JK, Ha JS and Kim KS. 2006. Antimicrobial drug resistance of Escherichia coli isolated from cattle, swine and chicken. Kor J Vet Publ Hlth 30, 9-18.
- Acar JF and Goldstein FW. 1991. Disk susceptibility test. In: Antibiotics in Laboratory Medicine, Lorian, V. Ed., Williams & Wilkins, 17-52.
- A.P.H.A. 1970. Recommended procedures for the examination of seawater and shellfish. 4th Ed. American Public Health Association, Washington D.C., U.S.A., 1-47.
- Chae HS, Kim JH, Kim GH, Choi TS, Shin BW, Lee DJ and Lee JH. 2005. The isolation and antimicrobial susceptibility of Escherichia coli O157:H7 on bovine feces and carcass. Korean J Vet Serv 28, 71-79.
- CLSI. 2012. Performance standards for antimicrobial susceptibility testing. CLSI document M100-S22. Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute. Wayne, PA. U.S.A., 44-128.
- Dennesen PJ, Bonten MJ and Weinstein RA. 1998. Multiresistant bacteria as a hospital epidemic problem. Ann Med 30, 176-185. https://doi.org/10.3109/07853899808999401
- Feldhusen F. 2000. The role of seafood in bacterial foodborne disease. Microbes Infect 2, 1651-1660. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1286-4579(00)01321-6
- Grimes DJ. 1991. Ecology of estuarine bacteria capable of causing human disease: A review. Estuaries 14, 345-360. https://doi.org/10.2307/1352260
- Herwig RP, Gray JP and Weston DP. 1997. Antibacterial resistant bacteria in surficial sediments near salmon net-cage farms in Puget Sound. Washington Aquaculture 149, 263-283.
- Hill DD, Owens WE and Tchounwou PB. 2006. The impact of rainfall on fecal coliform bacteria in Bayou Dorcheat (North Louisiana). Int J Environ Public Health 3, 114-117. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/ijerph2006030013. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph2006030013
- Kummerer K. 2009. Antibiotics in the aquatic environment – A review – Park I. Chemosphere 75, 417-434. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2008.11.086
- Lee TS, Oh EG, Yu HD, Ha KS, Yu HS, Byun HS and Kim JH. 2010. Impact of rainfall events on the bacteriological water quality of the shellfish growing area in Korea. Korean J Fish Aquat Sci 43, 406-414. http://dx.doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2010.0406. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2010.43.5.406
- Kim MS, Kwon HM and Sung HW. 2009. Antibiotic resistance pattern of of avian pathogenic Escherichia coli isolated from chickens. Korean J Vet Res 49, 195-200.
- Jeong KO, Heo JH, Lee JM, Yun IR, Choi YJ and Kim JS. 2010. Surveillance of antimicrobial resistance ratio of E. coli and Enterococcus spp. isolated from fecal and carcasses of pigs in slaughterhouse. Korean J Vet Serv 33, 241-248.
- Lee JI, Han GY and Park HH. 2003. Characteristics and antibiotics susceptibility of Escherichia coli isolated from fishery products. Korean J Food Nutr 16, 111-115.
- Lee YJ, Kim AR, Jung SC, Song SW and Kim JH. 2005. Antibiotic resistance pattern of E. coli and Salmonella spp. Isolated from chicken feces. Korean J Vet Serv 45, 75-83.
- MOF. 2013. Major statistics of oceans and fisheries. Oceans and fisheries report, 1-395.
- Oh EG, Son KT, Ha KS, Yoo HD, Yu HS, Shin SB, Lee HJ and Kim JH. 2009. Antimicrobial resistance of Vibrio strains from brackish water on the coast of Gyeongsangnamdo. J Kor Fish Soc 42, 335-343.
- Park K, Jo MR, Lee HJ, Kwon JY, Son KT and Lee TS. 2011. Evaluation of the effect of the dischatged water from Bong stream after events on the bacteriological water quality in Gangjinman, korea. Korean J Fish Aquat Sci 44, 622-629. http://dx.doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2011.0622. https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2011.0622
- Park K, Jo MR, Kim YK, Lee HJ, Kwon JY, Son KT and Lee TS. 2012. Evaluation of the effects of the inland pollution sources after rainfall events on the bacteriological water quality in Narodo area, korea. Korean J Fish Aquat Sci 45, 414-422. http://dx.doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2012.0414. https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2012.0414
- Tendencia EA and Pena LD. 2001. Antibiotic resistance of bacteria from shrimp ponds. Aquaculture 195, 193-204. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0044-8486(00)00570-6
- Park K, Park JY, Jo MR, Yu HS, Lee HJ, Kim JH, Oh EG, Shin SB Kim YK and Lee TS. 2013. Antimicrobial resistance in Escherichia coli isolated from shellfish farms in the southern coast of Korea. Korean J Fish Aquat Sci 46, 528-533. http://dx.doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2013.0528. https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2013.0528
- Son KT, Oh EG, Lee TS, Lee HJ, Kim PH and Kim JH. 2005. Antimicrobial susceptibility of Vibrio parahaemolyticus and Vibrio alginolyticus from fish farms on the southern coast of Korea. J Kor Fish Soc 38, 365-371.
- Son KT, Oh EG, Park K, Kwon JY, Lee HJ, Lee TS and Kim JH. 2009. Antimicrobial susceptibility of Escherichia coli isolated from fish farms on the southern coast of Korea. Korean J Fish Aquat Sci 42, 322-328. http://dx.doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2009.0322. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2009.42.4.322