- Volume 26 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Vibration Simulation Using LuGre Friction Model for Cladding Tube Fretting Wear Analysis
피복관 프레팅마모 해석을 위한 LuGre 마찰모델 성능 고찰
Park, Nam-Gyu;Kim, Jin-Seon;Kim, Joong-Jin;Kim, Jae-Ik
- Received : 2015.10.21
- Accepted : 2015.11.27
- Published : 2016.01.20
Nuclear fuels are always exposed to hot temperature and high speed coolant flow during the reactor operation. Thus the fuel rod accompanies small amplitude vibration due to the turbulent flow. The random vibration causes friction between the fuel rod and the grid structure which provides the lateral supports. The friction is critical to the fuel rod fretting wear, and it degrades fuel performance when a severe wear is developed. LuGre friction model is introduced in the paper, and the performance was evaluated comparing to the classical Coulomb model. It is shown that the developed friction force considering the Coulomb friction is not enough to stop or delay the motion while the stick-slip can be simulated using LuGre friction model. Numerical solutions of the two dimensional spacer grid cell model with the modern friction are also reviewed, and it is discussed that the new friction model simulates well the nonlinear mechanism.
Fretting Wear;Fuel Rod;LuGre Friction;Coulomb Friction;Stick-slip
- Berger, E. J., 2002, Friction Modeling for Dynamic System Simulation, ASME Applied Mechanics Reviews, Vol. 55, No. 6, pp. 535~577. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.1501080
- Karnopp, D., 1985, Computer Simulation of Stick-slip Friction in Mechanical Dynamic Systems, J. Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Vol. 107, No. 1, pp. 100~103. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3140698
- Swevers, J., Al-Bender, F., Ganseman, C. G. and Prajogo, T., 2000, An Integrated Friction Model Structure with Improved Presliding Behavior for Accurate Friction Compensation, IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, Vol. 45, No. 4, pp. 675~686. https://doi.org/10.1109/9.847103
- Dahl, P. R., 1977, Measurement of Solid Friction Parameters of Ball Bearing, The Aerospace Corporation Technical Report, SAMSO-TR-77-132.
- Canudas de, W. C., Olsson, H., Åström, K. J., Lischinsky, P., 1995, A New Model for Control of Systems with Friction, IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, Vol. 40, No. 3, pp. 419~425. https://doi.org/10.1109/9.376053
- Park, N. G., Jeon, S. Y., Suh, J. M., Kim, K. T., 2006, Vibration Characteristics of a Nuclear Fuel Rod in Uniform Axial Flow, Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and vibration Engineering, Vol. 16, No. 11, pp. 1115~1123. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2006.16.11.1115
- Bo, L. C. and Pavelescu, D., 1982, The Friction-speed Relation and Its Influence on the Critical Velocity of the Stick-slip Motion, Wear, Vol. 82, No. 3, pp. 277~289. https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1648(82)90223-X
- Armstrong-Helouvry, B., 1991, Control of Machines with Friction, Springer.