- Volume 26 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on Deploying Time of Active Hood Lift System of Passenger Vehicles with Principal Design Parameters
중요 설계변수에 따른 승용차 능동후드리프트 시스템의 전개시간 연구
Lee, Tae-Hoon;Yoon, Gun-Ha;Choi, Seung-Bok
- Received : 2015.11.06
- Accepted : 2016.01.18
- Published : 2016.01.20
This research investigates the deployment time of an active hood lift system(AHLS) activated a gunpowder actuator for the passenger vehicle. The deployment time of the system is investigated by changing the principal design parameters of the system. In order to achieve this goal, after introducing the geometric structure and operating principle of the AHLS, the dynamic equations of the system are formulated for deploying motion. Subsequently, using the dynamic equations, the deployment time of the system is determined by changing several geometric design parameters such as location of actuator. It is then identified which design parameters are main factors to affect the deployment time of AHLS.
Active Hood Lift System;Gunpowder Actuator;Deployment Time;Parameter Study;Pedestrian Safety
- Crandall, J. R., Bhalla, K. S. and Madeley, N. J., 2002, Designing Road Vehicles for Pedestrian Protection, BMJ: British Medical Journal, Vol. 324, No. 7346, p. 1145. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.324.7346.1145
- Maki, T., Asai, T. and Kajzer, J., 2003, Development of Future Pedestrian Protection Technologies, In 18th International Technical Conference on the Enhanced Safety of Vehicles(ESV), pp. 03-0165.
- UNECE/TRANS/WP.29/AC.3/7, 2004, Proposal to Develop a Global Technical Regulation Concerning the Protection of Pedestrian and Other Vulnerable Roads Users in Collision with Ehicles, www.unece.org/trans/main/welcwp29.htm
- Song, H. J., Woo, D. and Choi, S. B., 2006, Dynamic Characteristic Analysis of MR Impact Damper for Vehicle System, Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 16, No. 7, pp. 754~761. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2006.16.7.754
- Fredriksson, R., Håland, Y. and Yang, J., 2001, Evaluation of a New Pedestrian Head Injury Protection System with a Sensor in the Bumper and Lifting of the Bonnet's Rear Part. Society of Automotive Engineers.
- Inomata, Y., Iwai, N., Maeda, Y., Kobayashi, S., Okuyama, H. and Takahashi, N., 2009, Development of the Pop-up Engine Hood for Pedestrian Head Protection, In 21st International Technical Conference on the Enhanced Safety of Vehicles.
- Lee, K. B., Jung, H. J. and Bae, H. I., 2007, The Study on Developing Active Hood Lift System for Decreasing Pedestrian Head Injury, Innovations for Safety: Opportunities and Challenges.
- Experimental Evaluation of Deployment Time of Active Hood Lift System According to Structural Improvement vol.26, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2016.26.3.265