- Volume 28 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Validity and Reliability Test of the Korean Version of the Oncology Patients' Perception of the Quality of Nursing Care Scale
한국어판 '암 환자가 인식하는 간호의 질 측정도구'의 타당도와 신뢰도
- Kang, Jiyoung ;
- Kang, Heiyoung ;
- Kim, Nanyeon ;
- Lee, Mijung ;
- Kim, Youjine ;
- Kim, Juhyeon ;
- Yeo, Sujeong ;
- Seo, Yunye ;
- Suh, Eunyoung
- Received : 2016.02.06
- Accepted : 2016.04.19
- Published : 2016.04.30
Purpose: The purpose of this methodological study was to examine the validity and reliability of a translated Korean version of The Oncology Patients' Perception of the Quality of Nursing Care Scale. Methods: The translated scale was pilot tested and then administered to 360 patients with cancer. Exploratory and confirmatory factor analyses were utilized to assess the factor structure. Internal consistency reliability was determined using coefficient
Patient-centered care;Oncology nursing;Quality of health care;Validity and reliability;Measures
- Institute of Medicine. Crossing the quality chasm: a new health system for the 21st century. Washington, D.C.: National Academy Press; 2001.
- Epstein RM, Street RL Jr. Patient-centered communication in cancer care: promoting healing and reducing suffering. NIH Publication: National Cancer Institute; 2007. Report No.: 07-6225.
- Suhonen R, Schmidt LA, Radwin L. Measuring individualized nursing care: assessment of reliability and validity of three scales. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2007;59(1):77-85. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2007.04282.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2007.04282.x
- Radwin LE, Farquhar SL, Knowles MN, Virchick BG. Cancer patients' descriptions of their nursing care. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2005;50(2):162-9. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2005.03375.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2005.03375.x
- Lee MA, Yom Y-H. A comparative study of patients' and nurses' perceptions of the quality of nursing services, satisfaction and intent to revisit the hospital: a questionnaire survey. International Journal of Nursing Studies. 2007;44(4):545-55. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2006.03.006 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2006.03.006
- Radwin L, Alster K, Rubin KM. Development and testing of the oncology patients' perceptions of the quality of nursing care scale. Oncology Nursing Forum. 2003;30(2):283-90. http://dx.doi.org/10.1188/03.onf.283-290 https://doi.org/10.1188/03.ONF.283-290
- Kitson A, Marshall A, Bassett K, Zeitz K. What are the core elements of patient centred care? a narrative review and synthesis of the literature from health policy, medicine and nursing. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2013;69(1):4-15. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2012.06064.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2012.06064.x
- Izumi S, Baggs JG, Knafl KA. Quality nursing care for hospitalized patients with advanced illness: concept development. Research in Nursing & Health. 2010;33(4):299-315. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/nur.20391 https://doi.org/10.1002/nur.20391
- Larson PJ, Ferketich SL. Patients' satisfaction with nurses' caring during hospitalization. Western Journal of Nursing Research. 1993;15(6):690-703. https://doi.org/10.1177/019394599301500603
- Mitchell PH, Heinrich J, Moritz P, Hinshaw AS. Measurement into practice: summary and recommendations. Medical Care. 1997;35(11):NS124-7.
- Koberich S, Farin E. A systematic review of instruments measuring patients' perceptions of patient centred nursing care. Nursing Inquiry. 2015;22(2):106-20. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/nin.12078 https://doi.org/10.1111/nin.12078
- Sidani S, Collins L, Harbman P, MacMillan K, Reeves S, Hurlock Chorostecki C, et al. Development of a measure to assess healthcare providers' implementation of patient centered care. Worldviews on Evidence Based Nursing. 2014;11(4):248-57. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/wvn.12047 https://doi.org/10.1111/wvn.12047
- Radwin L. Oncology patients' perceptions of quality nursing care. Research in Nursing & Health. 2000;23(3):179-90. https://doi.org/10.1002/1098-240X(200006)23:3<179::AID-NUR2>3.0.CO;2-T
- Radwin LE, Cabral HJ, Wilkes G. Relationships between patient centered cancer nursing interventions and desired health outcomes in the context of the health care system. Research in Nursing & Health. 2009;32(1):4-17. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/nur.20302 https://doi.org/10.1002/nur.20302
- National Cancer Center. 2013 Cancer registry statistics in Korea. Seoul; Ministry of Health & Welfare, Korea Central Cancer Registry, National Cancer Center; 2015.
- DeVellis RF. Scale development: theory and applications. 2nd ed. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc; 2003.
- Comrey AL. Factor-analytic methods of scale development in personality and clinical psychology. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology. 1988;56(5):754-61. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-006X.56.5.754
- Kim GS. Structural equation modeling analysis: Amos 18.0. Seoul: Hannarae Publishing Co; 2010.
- Schmitt TA. Current methodological considerations in exploratory and confirmatory factor analysis. Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment. 2011;29(4):304-21. https://doi.org/10.1177/0734282911406653
- Brislin RW. Back-translation for cross-cultural research. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology. 1970;1(3):185-216. https://doi.org/10.1177/135910457000100301
- Duffy ME. Translating instruments into other languages: basic considerations. Clinical Nurse Specialist. 2006;20(5):225-6. https://doi.org/10.1097/00002800-200609000-00006
- Lee E, Lim N, Park H, Lee I, Kim J, Bae J, et al. Nursing research and statistical analysis. Paju: Soomoomsa Publishing; 2009.
- Yu J-P. The concept and understanding of structural equation modeling. Seoul: Hannarae Publishing Co; 2012.
- Kang H. A guide on the use of factor analysis in the assessment of construct validity. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 2013;43(5):587-94. http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.5.587 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.5.587
- Tak J. Psychological testing: an understanding of development and evaluation method. 2nd ed. Seoul: Hakjisa; 2007.
- Kang J, Suh EE. Perceptions of quality of patient-centered nursing care among women with breast cancer. Perspectives in Nursing Science. 2015;12(2):115-23. http://dx.doi.org/10.16952/pns.2015.12.2.115 https://doi.org/10.16952/pns.2015.12.2.115
- Kaiser HF. An index of factorial simplicity. Psychometrika. 1974;39(1):31-6. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02291575
- Bagozzi RP, Yi Y. On the evaluation of structural equation models. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. 1988;16(1):74-94. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02723327
- Fornell C, Larcker DF. Evaluating structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error. Journal of Marketing Research. 1981;18(1):39-50. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- Nunnally JC, Bernstein IH. Psychometric theory. 3rd ed. New York: McGraw-Hill; 1994.
- Larrabee J, Bolden L. Defining patient-perceived quality of nursing care. Journal of Nursing Care Quality. 2001;16(1):34-60. https://doi.org/10.1097/00001786-200110000-00005
- Sofaer S, Firminger K. Patient perceptions of the quality of health services. Annual Reviews of Public Health. 2005;26:513-59. http://dx.doi.org/10.1146/annurev.publhealth.25.050503.153958 https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.publhealth.25.050503.153958
- Williams SA. Quality and care: patients' perceptions. Journal of Nursing Care Quality. 1998;12(6):18-25. https://doi.org/10.1097/00001786-199808000-00006
- Lee T, Kang KH, Ko YK, Cho S-H, & Kim EY. Issues and challenges of nurse workforce policy: a critical review and implication. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration. 2014;20(1):106-16. http://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.1.106 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.1.106
Supported by : 서울대학교병원