- Volume 29 Issue 5
In this paper, we analyzed the electrical characteristics of NPT planar and trench gate IGBT after designing these devices according to design and process parameter. To begin with, we have designed NPT planar gate IGBT and carried out simulation with T-CAD. Therefore, we extracted design and process parameter and obtained optimal electrical characteristics. The breakdown voltage was 724 V and The on state voltage drop was 1.746 V. The next was carried out optimal design of trench gate power IGBT. We did this research by same drift thickness and resistivity of planar gate power IGBT. As a result of experiment, we obtain 720 V breakdown voltage, 1.32 V on state voltage drop and 4.077 V threshold voltage. These results were improved performance and fabrication of trench gate power IGBT and planar gate Power IGBT.
Power IGBT;Planar gate;Trench gate;On-resistance;Breakdown voltage;Power devices
- E. G. Kang, D. S. Oh, D. W. Kim, D. J. Kim, and M. Y. Sung, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 15, 758 (2002).
- J. I. Lee, S. M. Yang, Y. S. Bae, and M. Y. Sung, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 23, 190 (2010).
- T. Laska, M. Munzer, F. Pfirsch, C. Schaeffer, and T. Schmidt, ISPSD Proceedings, 355 (2000).
- B. S. Ahn, H. S. Chung, E. S. Jung, S. J. Kim, and E. G. Kang, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 25, 187 (2012).
- J. S. Lee, E. G. Kang, and M. Y. Sung, Microelectronics Journal, 39, 57 (2008). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mejo.2007.10.023] https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mejo.2007.10.023
- T. J. Nam, E. S. Jung, H. S. Chung, and E. G. Kang, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 25, 266 (2012).