- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Development of Real-time Heart Rate Measurement Device Using Wireless Pressure Sensor
무선 압력센서를 이용한 실시간 맥박수 측정기 개발
Choi, Sang-Dong;Cho, Sung-Hwan;Joung, Yeun-Ho
- Received : 2016.03.14
- Accepted : 2016.04.22
- Published : 2016.05.01
Among the various physiological information that could be obtained from human body, heartbeat rate is a commonly used vital sign in the clinical milieu. Photoplethysography (PPG) sensor is incorporated into many wearable healthcare devices because of its advantages such as simplicity of hardware structure and low-cost. However, healthcare device employing PPG sensor has been issued in susceptibility of light and motion artifact. In this paper, to develop the real-time heart rate measurement device that is less sensitive to the external noises, we have fabricated an ultra-small wireless LC resonant pressure sensor by MEMS process. After performance evaluation in linearity and repeatability of the MEMS pressure sensor, heartbeat waveform and rate on radial artery were obtained by using resonant frequency-pressure conversion method. The measured data using the proposed heartbeat rate measurement system was validated by comparing it with the data of an commercialized heart rate measurement device. Result of the proposed device was agreed well to that of the commercialized device. The obtained real time heartbeat wave and rate were displayed on personal mobile system by bluetooth communication.
Heartbeat;Wearable;Wireless power transmission;Pressure sensor;LC resonance
- J. Heo, J. H. Do, and H. J. Kim, KEIT PD Issue Report 2015-4-Issue3, 15-4 (2015).
- Y. J. Kim, The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 12, 369 (2012). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.09.369]
- NIPA, ICT Report 10. 30 (2013).
- Z. Zhang, Z. Pi, and B. Liu, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 62, 522 (2015). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TBME.2014.2359372] https://doi.org/10.1109/TBME.2014.2359372
- Z. Zhang, The 2nd IEEE Global Conference on Signal and Information Processing (GlobalSIP), 698-702 (2014).
- C Dumas, J. A. Wahr, and K. K. Tremper, Anesth Analg., 83, 269 (1996). https://doi.org/10.1213/00000539-199608000-00012
- M. A. Fonseca, J. M. English, M. von Arx, and M. G. Allen, IEEE J. MEMS, 11, 337 (2002). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/JMEMS.2002.800939] https://doi.org/10.1109/JMEMS.2002.800939
- Thesis: M. A. Fonseca, Polymer/Ceamic Wireless MEMS Pressure Sensors for Harsh Environment (Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, 2007).
- K. H. Shin, C. Y. Moon, T. H. Lee, C. H. Lim, and Y. J. Kim, Proc. IEEE Sensors, 844 (2004).
- S. S. Mohan, M. del Mar Hershenson, S. P. Boyd, and T. H. Lee, IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, 34, 1419 (1999). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/4.792620] https://doi.org/10.1109/4.792620
Grant : 심장박동기를 위한 인체삽입형 웨어러블 자가발전 에너지원 및 극소전력 무선통신시스템 개발
Supported by : 산업통상자원부