- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Recognition and satisfaction of dental care customers after 1 year national health insurance coverage of dental scaling
스케일링 건강보험 급여화 시행 1년 후 치과의료소비자의 인식도 및 만족도 조사
Lee, Bo-Geun;Lee, Jung-Hwa
- Received : 2015.09.03
- Accepted : 2016.04.05
- Published : 2016.04.30
Objectives: The purpose of the study was to examine the recognition and satisfaction of dental care customers after 1 year national health insurance coverage of dental scaling. Methods: A self-reported questionnaire was completed by 477 dental care customers in Gyeongbuk, Busan, Yangsan, and Gyeonggido from July 18 to September 30, 2014 after receiving informed consents. The questionnaire consisted of general characteristics of the subjects(5 items), subjective awareness of oral health(4 items), recognition of scaling(5 items), and recognition and satisfaction of scaling health insurance(5 items). Data were analyzed using SPSS version 20.0 program. Results: Those who recognized the national health insurance coverage of dental scaling accounted for 80.1 percent and 47.2 percent of them got the health insurance coverage via media advertisements. Those who received the scaling service by health insurance coverage accounted for 73.8% and 66.2% of them were very satisfied with the service. Among the customers, 91.8% were satisfied with scaling health allotment. There was a statistical significance between scaling health insurance and subjective oral condition recognition(p<0.01). Through the health insurance coverage scaling service, the oral health in Korea will improve much. Conclusions: The expansion of health insurance coverage of scaling service will provide the universal oral health care for all people. Owing to low cost service, people will actively try to come in contact with public health service in the future.
dental care customer;dental scaling;national health insurance coverage;recognition;satisfaction
- Han JH, kim YS. A study on awareness of dental health insurance coverage. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2008; 8(2): 65-71.
- SY, Won BY. Affecting factors to oral scaling experience of the part worker. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2011; 11(1): 1-12. https://doi.org/10.17245/jkdsa.2011.11.1.1
- Ju OJ, Kang EJ, Woo SH, Lee AJ, Lee HJ, Park MH. Recognition between layperson and dental hygienists on expansion of health insurance of scaling. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2014; 14(3): 431-8. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.03.431. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.03.431
- Han JH, Kim J. Client services evaluation in dentistry sector. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2003; 3(2): 209-20.
- Statistics Korea, Korea Statistical Information System (KOSIS), Statistic DB, Periodontal disease[Internet]. [Cited 2015 sep 03]. Available from: http://kosis.kr/wnsearch/totalearch.jsp.
- Statistics Korea, Korea Statistical Information System (KOSIS), Statistic DB, Dental examination of his age group[Internet]. [Cited 2015 sep 03]. Available from: http://kosis.kr/wnsearch/totalSearch.jsp.
- Seo JY. Clinical diagnosis of periodontal disease. J Korean Dent Sci 1999; 37(3): 181-7.
- Lee MS, Im HJ. The factors of oral health beliefs on scaling performance by national health insurance coverage in consumers. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2015; 15(1): 31-8. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.01.31. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.01.31
- Lee HS, Lee KH. Recognition about national health insurance of dental scaling in industry accident injury patients. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2013; 13(4): 561-8. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/iksdh.2013.13.4.561. https://doi.org/10.13065/iksdh.2013.13.4.561
- Han JH, Hwang YS. A study of priority-setting in korean national dental health insurance scheme. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2006; 6(3): 243-61.
- Ha MY. A study on the changes in consumers' awareness and the rate of scaling in each region after its coverage by the national health insurance scheme. [Mater's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Donguk, 2015.
- Ministry of Health & Welfare. Press information, Scaling[Internet]. [cited 2015 sep 03]. Available from: http://www.mw.go.kr/front_new.
- So MH, Kim YH. The factors affecting oral health behavior of elementary-school students in Gyeonggi province. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2013; 13(2): 279-86. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.2.279 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.2.279
- Hwang JM, Kim JH, Park YD. Dental service providers satisfaction with dental health insurance. J Korean Acad Dent Health 2010; 34(2): 214-21.
- Park HR, Moon SJ. Connections between the subjective awareness characteristics of oral health of certain adults and their oral health knowledge and practice behavior of oral Health. J of Contents 2013; 13(1): 300-10. http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/jkca.2013.13.01.300.
- Han SH, Song GS, Ryu DY. Oral health concern and oral healthcare recognition of some soldiers. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2012; 12(5): 1007-15. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.5.1007. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.5.1007