- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Knowledge, attitude, and recognition of health insurance coverage in tooth implant
임플란트에 대한 지식 및 태도와 건강보험 급여화 인식
Kim, Hyun-Jung;Lee, Sun-Mi;Ahn, Se-Youn;Kim, Chang-Hee
- Received : 2015.12.28
- Accepted : 2016.04.05
- Published : 2016.04.30
Objectives: The purpose of the study is to investigate the knowledge, attitude, and recognition of health insurance coverage in tooth implant among Korean adults. Methods: A self-reported questionnaire was completed by 420 adults over 20 years lod in Seoul and Gyeonggido from October 1 to December 15, 2014. The questionnaire consisted of general characteristics of the subjects, knowledge, attitude, and recognition of health insurance coverage in tooth implant. Results: The mean of knowledge of regular checkup after implant was 3.05 points, and mean of advantage and disadvantage of implant was 3.03 points. The expectation for the implant treatment was 4.18 points and this was the highest score. There was no significant difference between the knowledge and attitude in age and monthly compensation(p>0.05). Only 45.6% of the adults were aware of the health insurance coverage of tooth implant since July, 2014. Health Insurance meeds to be modified in the beneficiaries age(44.6%), and cost(32.7%). The positive aspects of implant care included medical expenses(37.8%), health care beneficiary(29.1%), and oral health promotion(20.9%). Conclusions: Health insurance coverage of tooth implant is very important to enhance the quality of life in the adults because the proper management and implementation of the health insurance in implant will improve the oral health care in life.
- Oh SH, Lee YJ, Lee YJ, Lee JM, Lee JH, Kim SH. A study on the recognition about national health insurance coverage of denture, implant of elderly people. J Dent Hyg Sci 2014; 14: 502-09. http://dx.doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2014.14.4.502. https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2014.14.4.502
- Levi AL, Psoter WJ, Agar JR, Reisine ST, Taylor TD. Patient self-reported satisfaction with maxillary anterior dental implant treatment. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2003; 18(1): 113-20.
- Jeon JH, Min HH, Kim YS. Realationship between satisfaction of dental service, value quality, and reuse intention. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2014; 14: 765-73. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.05.765. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.05.765
- KHIDI. Health Industry Brief. Health and medical devices.IT VOL.26. 2014.9.30. A study on worldwide & Korea market trends of dental implan[Internet]. [cited 2015 Dec 12]. Available from: http://www.khidi.or.kr/board/view? linkId=139588&menuId=MENU00368.
- KHIDI. Health Industry Brief. Health and medical devices. IT VOL.36. 2015.12.8. A study on major items of medical equipment market analysis[Internet]. [cited 2016 Feb 10]. Available from: http://www.khidi.or.kr/board/view?linkId=161081&menuId=MENU00368.
- Choi R, Park JY, Hwang BD. Health care utilization according to income class and subjective income class: measurements based on Korea health panel. Health Soc Sci 2013; 33: 85-107.
- Statistics Korea. Korea statistical information system (KOSIS), statistics DB, Population pojection of future 2012-2020[Internet]. [cited 2016 Feb 10]. Available from: http://kosis.kr/statHtml/statHtml.do?orgId=101&tblId=DT_1B35001&conn_path=I2.
- Statistics Korea. Korea statistical information system (KOSIS), statistics DB, Indices of income distribution 2006-2014[Internet]. [cited 2016 Feb 10]. Available from: http://kosis.kr/statHtml/statHtml.do?orgId=101&tblId=DT_1B35001&conn_path=I2.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. Report on the social statstics survery. Life table 2012[Internet]. [cited Dec 12]. Available from: http://stat.mw.go.kr/front/notice/noticeView.jsp?menuId=31&bbsSeq=4&nttSeq=21155&nPage=4&searchKey=&searchWord=.
- Seo NK, Lee OH, Baick SC, Seo SU, Ahn SJ, Hwang YH, et al. 2011 Survey on medical expenditure of patients insured by national health insurance. Natl Health Insur Corp/Health Insur Policy Res Inst 2012; 32-3.
- Gunchi news paper. Health insurance implant employment person 13,897. 2014.9.2.
- Kim YJ. Review about national health insurance coverage of elderly people. J Korean Acad Dent Insurance 2013; 4: 24-9.
- Lee WC, Kim JS. Questions about the implant of the Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service. J Korean Dent Assoc 2003; 41: 619-22.
- Jo MJ. Survey on awareness of implant dental hygienist [Master's thesis]. Daegu: Univ. of Yeungnam, 2001.
- Kim HJ. A study of knowledge and attitudes of dental hygienists on dental implantation[Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Chung-Ang, 2003.
- Kim SK, Kang HS, Kwon HM, Kim YG, Kim JS, Kim JW, et al. Implantology for dental hygienist. 1st ed. Seoul: KMS; 2009: 3: 2-278.
- Shin HS, Oh YH, Choi HN, Park EM. Dental implant cost analysis. Korea Inst Health Soc Aff Policy Rep 2008; 78: 1-79.
- Choi HS, Gu IY, Yoo EM. A study on implant awareness and attitude to oral hygiene care: The case of dental consumers in Seoul and Gyeonggi province. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2010; 10: 37-45.
- Yoo EM, Shim HJ. A relationship between dentistry consumers knowledge and expectation of dental implants. J Dent Hyg Sci 2010; 10: 219-25.
- Kang BW, Lee SM. Behavior and attitude toward oral health care in implant wearers. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2014; 14: 887-94. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.06.887. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.06.887
- Han JH, Kim KE. Comparison of expectation and satisfaction of implant patients in pre-post implant therapy. J Dent Hyg Sci 2011; 11: 121-7.
- Recurring Daily. Implants health insurance. 2015.4.28.
- Kim MY, Choi HN, Shin HS. Dental implant bottom-up cost analysis. J Korean Acad Prosthodont 2014; 52: 18-26. http://dx.doi.org/10.4047/jkap.2014.52.1.8. https://doi.org/10.4047/jkap.2014.52.1.18